Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Last film you watched, and review

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Last film you watched, and review

Redshoes wrote:

This is Spinal Tap - A film poking fun at everything wrong with 80's metal bands at the time.

After all of the hype I've heard surrounding it over the past few years it didn't really live up to it. I guess that wasn't the films fault, it was funny and definitely had its moments, and the commentary was really good as well, especially as the actors stayed in character for it, but it had been so hyped up for me that disappointment was inevitable, however, apparently somewhere on the internet is a 4 and half hour long version, which I may give a watch at some point, so we'll see how that is...

-- Edited by Redshoes on Friday 11th of October 2013 10:34:16 PM

^ YES! I finally saw This is Spinal Tap a few weeks ago after hearing so many wonderful things about it and it was just okay I guess. Their were definite LOL moments but felt the ending was weak.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Honoured Mook

Date:

Just watched This is the End, about a bunch of actors during the rapture. Was awful.  Low budget effects, crappy plot relying on drug use and dick jokes, gratuitous violence and misogyny.  Ugh. Just so bad.  Not even in a "switch your brain off for a few hours and enjoy the mindlessness" way -  just full on shitty.

Sophie

The world is quiet here ...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I saw Only Lovers Left ALive last night and here is a review I just posted on tumblr:

Only Lovers Left Alive was everything I had hoped it to be and everything the trailer promised. There wasnt much in the way of a plot but I think it suited the film and adding a plot would have just been unnecessary and distracting. It was like a view into the lives and relationship of these two people and it was wonderful as just that. The visuals were beautiful and the music was amazing, in fact Ive ordered it on vinyl and Im really excited to hear it. It was pretty amusing at parts in really small ways. Theyre relationship was utterly beautiful without being overbearingly or sickeningly romantic. Theyre differences and similarities were really well shown. Also with their opposing colour schemes in their clothing and living spaces, yet similarities in how these things actually are adding to the effect. Its pretty much everything I could want from a film, its so perfect it almost could have been made for me.

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

watched stoker on the sky on demand the other night, it was...... iffy, best i can say about it really

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

"Hatchet for the Honeymoon" on Netflix. It's not considered the director's best work but I enjoyed it. The only downside was that it was predictable.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Film: Blue Velvet

Review: O_O

I think I'll stick to documentaries, I'm too soft and fragile for films like that these days.

Honoured Mook

Date:

The new Thor. Storyline is a bit convoluted and full of hilarious pseudo science,  but Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth are both gorgeous,  so that's fine.  And Natalie Portman too. 

Sophie

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The Lego Movie: Its fine you guys. One to download I'd say.

Also last night we watched The Room for the first time. I can't even explain the joy it brought me, just go and read the Wikipedia page!

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ The Room is just the best awful film ever ever ever. I love when people have seen it and we can just quote it to each other when the conversation starts to die...

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Hai doggy! ^.^

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ You're my favourite customer!

There's a drinking game and one of the rules is to keep drinking for the entire flower shop scene...that's 18 seconds...I know because I tried it...

Tumblr

Honoured Mook

Date:

I watched High Fidelity the other day. Pretty darn good. But man you just gotta hate that protagonist no? What an arse.

Sophie

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I just watched Metallica's Through The Never, and I am utterly disgusted with myself for not going to see it in the cinema - it would've been fucking incredible. It's basically a concert of their all time fan favourites (Justice for All, lads!!) with short injections of tense storyline that is sublimely shot. If nothing else, it is a STUNNING movie to look at. It's super violent and kind of stomach-churning in parts, but I'm so impressed. Dane DeHaan plays the famous roadie from the poster, Jesus fuck he is one talented bastard.

Skittles said to me at one point, "Cunning Stunts, the motion picture!" It is VERY similar in parts, for those of you who've seen that concert. But still, Through The Never is one of those bizarre/wonderful cinema experiences that you just have to sit back and enjoy instead of questioning.

Basically, if you're big into cinema/ photography, serious fuckin' acting, or metuuuuuul, watch it!

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yesterday I watched The Giver. This adaptation of Lois Lowry's novel tells the story of a world that seems perfect but is in fact a colorless, emotionless, fake world where everything and everybody is the same. Some parts are really cliché and I couldn't stand one of the main actress but overall, I enjoyed the movie. It reminded me of the books Nineteen Eighty-Four and This perfect Day.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

1) I can't even be bothered to watch Batman vs Superman. Is this a mistake on my part?

2) I went to see Zootropolis instead and this may be the best decision I ever made in my life. I can't think of a better film for a young human to watch (except for possibly Princess Mononoke).

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^I didn't see Batman vs Superman but Mr. Grumpy (who is a huge DC and Marvel fan) saw it so I asked him. His answer to you was: "Keep your sanity and your faith in the multiverse by skipping this joke of a movie. Read it instead, it's way better."

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Baby Mook

Date:

Into the Wild.

This movie about the very smart guy, who doesn't want to follow stupid rules and borders of our society. He wants to be free. The movie shows, how he achieves it. Step by step. We see, how the man combines with nature.
The deepest words are in the end of the movie, when main hero realizes, what it means to be happy.

Regular Crew

Date:

Title: Frailty

Synopsis: An FBI agent is approached by a young man who claims his brother is a serial killer. The agent follows the man to his home, only to find that neither evil nor innocence are what they seem.

Review: This movie was in cinema's in 2002 and was released on DVD in 2003 (in the UK). I don't know how I missed it as it's right up my alley but I only watched it for the first time in 2014. I remember where I was as I was very unsettled by this, probably due to lack of sleep but it caught me at the right moment and I've watched it a tonne of times since. It's not a horror film but does have some creepy moments and it all feels feasible as it's all subject to opinion as to if anything supernatural is going on or not. The dialogue of the film feels very realistic and you are able to sympathise with all characters while at the same time doubting their sanity. It stars the late Bill Paxton who acts well in it but the two young boys who star in it are really convincing, nothing is over the top and they really get across the feelings of helplessness, belief, disbelief and defiance. I think a big reason why this film is so unnerving is down to their acting. I don't want to say too much but if you like slow paced, dark thrillers with a pinch of horror then its worth checking out. I agree with the people who say this is a hidden gem of a movie.

Plus its on Netflix in the UK right now (July 2018)

I miss the comfort in being sad

«First  <  117 18 19 | Page of 19  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us