Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Last film you watched, and review

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: Last film you watched, and review

Just finished watching Insidious, the first half was really suspenseful and creepy, I was watching it between my fingers at one point (I am a wimp when it comes to scary films!) but as can happen, when the "baddie" was finally properly revealed it wasn't as frightening anymore. Still it was pretty good, some definite freaky moments in there if you like that sort of thing!

Facebook

and a Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Last movie I watched: Howl's Moving Castle.

Review: Howl is a babe ;D

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Honoured Mook

Date:

I went to see the theatrical version of Susan Hill's 'The Woman In Black', which friends have been raving about for ages, after meh-ing at the Daniel Radcliffe movie last winter. It was fun, and a good theatre experience, but a bit like the Ghost Train in Blackpool. Now that I've been, I'll never really want to go again.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I saw the new Star Trek the other day. It was good I guess, but it was mostly just explosions and effects and that stuff, whilst pretty, doesn't really interest me. I'm not big on Hollywood gimmicks...

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

If any of you have a passion for terrible movies then I highly recommend Samurai Cop. Just give this fan made trailer a watch. I can't even explain how funny and terrible it is because I'd be here all day. Its got everything: completely gratuitous and random seeming sex scenes, sassy black partner, fight scenes that are obviously sped up to try to mask the fact that they were done at about half speed and the fact that the lead actor got his hair cut halfway through filming so he's wearing an awful wig for large stretches of the film. It must be seen to be believed.

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^ How very un-Star Trek. Hmph.

-- Edited by Redshoes on Thursday 16th of May 2013 01:49:14 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Bhaji on the Beach. I fucking wept, man. I fucking wept.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Very pleased to find the last two "Resident Evil" movies on YT/Vimeo. :) Loved them both ; love them all,in fact. Can't wait for the 6th ; the last scene of the 5th was just epic and should have been soundtracked by some epic symphonic metal...

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^I couldn't agree more!

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Regular Crew

Date:

I skip through so many movies online until I find one that hits the spot. Last night I watched Cypher, which has Mr. Knightley from the Gwyneth Paltrow Emma (which I completely loathe, now) and Lucy Liu from... you know, Lucy Liu. Cypher's a pretty solid sci-fi with a one really predictable twist and one slightly less so. The presentation of the story is spot on, for what it is, and that always impresses me - the sort of appreciation you might have for someone who plays a classical piece according to form. LL does very little action herself, which was a bummer, but most of the actors were good, and I kind of want to buy the soundtrack - but I might just be weird that way.

-- Edited by friedoniongirl on Monday 27th of May 2013 01:10:02 AM

Baby Mook

Date:

Superman, Man of Steel.

This is going to be a short one: SO MUCH VIOLENCE. And lacking in plot. But Henry Cavill who played superman is a BEAUTY.

http://www.showcase-it.com/milliem/

Honoured Mook

Date:

Finally got Spirited Away from Netflix.

I fucking LOVE this movie. This movie is basically my childhood, I hadn't watched it in forever, so to make up for it I've watched it like four times in two days and I'll probably watch again later. I surprisingly never get tired of it. I find that it has a lot of good moral lessons. If you haven't watched it check it out.

And when you cry, Ill be right there telling you,

You were never anything less than beautiful. 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I love it too, and I usually HATE anime!

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Peacepeep wrote:

Finally got Spirited Away from Netflix.

I fucking LOVE this movie. This movie is basically my childhood, I hadn't watched it in forever, so to make up for it I've watched it like four times in two days and I'll probably watch again later. I surprisingly never get tired of it. I find that it has a lot of good moral lessons. If you haven't watched it check it out.

FINALLY! I've been waiting impatiently to see that movie again. 

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Honoured Mook

Date:

Lady Misery wrote:

I love it too, and I usually HATE anime!

Same here! I'm not normally an anime kinda person, but I am seriously in love with this movie.

And when you cry, Ill be right there telling you,

You were never anything less than beautiful. 

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I just got done watching 1925's "The Phantom of the Opera" from my Horror Classics DVD set and I must say this has to be my favorite silent film. Lon Chaney Sr. is a genius of epic proportions; He stole the show! 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Mr Ruby and I finally got round to going to see This is the End and of course we enjoyed it a lot, we've got a major soft spot for Seth Rogan, James Franco, Danny McBride etc. You really shouldn't bother if you don't like them though. :P

Silly Whore.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

-- Edited by Piglet on Wednesday 5th of November 2014 12:06:56 AM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Piglet wrote:

I watched Evil Dead with Cog over the last two nights, because I couldn't bring myself to do it in one sitting right before bed. Not bad, though the ending was a bit painful. No spoilers, it just dragged on and on. Lots of gore too, it gets a bit over the top by the end, but I suspect they knew it. I haven't seen any of the previous versions though so I can't really compare.

I seen it for the first time last month and I couldn't agree more. It was a good movie although some parts seemed to drag on.

I'll add "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" on my list of favorite musicals. Initially I watched this movie out of boredom on TCM but to my surprise I found it to be entertaining and hilarious. Hell I even got my brother to watch it with me and he doesn't really care for classic films.

I also watched "The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall" and I absolutely LOVED it! I can really become a huge The Phantom of the Opera fan. I already love the 1925 silent film and now I want to see the 1986 musical.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

MarshmallowNoise wrote:

I'll add "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" on my list of favorite musicals. Initially I watched this movie out of boredom on TCM but to my surprise I found it to be entertaining and hilarious.

^ gotta love howard keel in that one. (although i now have 'bless your beautiful hide' playing on a loop in my head)

world war z: actually, not that bad.

ok, lacking in romero's satire and boyles tightly focused grimness, and nothing like the book (but that's hollywood for you)

an entertaining romp, pretty good cgi, even gave me the willies a bit when i had to pop to the loo half way through and remembered i was watching it in a house on my lonesome!

not a bad summer blockbuster.

'there's always light at the end of the tunnel, just sometimes it's a train'

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

FUCKING SHARKNADO.
Wow oh wow. We didn't stop laughing once. Water physics does not work that way, sharks apparently can breathe out of water for hours and the amount of wind/rain/sun/water level/waves fluctuates madly in between shots. Continuity madness!

Silly Whore.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

A few days ago I watched the 2006 Thai film "The Unseeable" on Netflix. I don't know if it's Netflix, The Film, or even my imagination's fault but the summary was a little misleading. The wikipedia's summary is so much better. Here is the Netflix summary:

"Helmed by one of Thailand's foremost auteur directors in his horror genre debut. Rumors abound in this small rural town of a widow and her maid who has taken on a lover they say is hardly human."

This was under the thriller genre so I assumed it was an erotic thriller about a widow and the maid sleeping with a mythological Thai being (the horror part). I was waiting for that plot never came but the movie was still good... until the end. The director, Khomsiri, didn't do a good job at tying all of the loose ends, it seemed rushed. The film's climax didn't scare or shock me b/c I was too distracted by everything that the director was throwing at me in the span of 5 minutes.It raised more question than actually bringing a conclusion to the story. I am sure that it was a ghost movie but the one mythological creature only served to confuse me further. TBH I liked my erotic thriller/horror imagination better.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I just watched World War Z and I really, really enjoyed it. It is an Hollywood movie with explosions and people that should be dead but are not but I still liked it. Last time I was that stressed in front of the television was when I played the last Resident Evil game. Also, Brad Pitt still look as handsome as he was 15 years ago. I hate and love the guy at the same time.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Last film I watched: District 9.

Review: QUALITY.

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've watched a few movies and yes many of them in the horror genre.

1. Wicker Man. A movie referenced to me by a few mooks and it was fucking awesome!
  2. Broken Lizard's Club Dread: Hilarious!
  3. Dracula 2000: One good funny part but I've seen better. It's OK.
  4. Hannibal Rising: Another fucking awesome movie!

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

Just watched "Bellflower", a low budget film about building a flamethrower with your best friend, a relationship and everything going to hell. It has some flaws, but it's the kind of art-house violence aesthethics reminiscent of the work of Nicolas Winding Refn that I love but none of my friends like at all.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

This is Spinal Tap - A film poking fun at everything wrong with 80's metal bands at the time.

After all of the hype I've heard surrounding it over the past few years it didn't really live up to it. I guess that wasn't the films fault, it was funny and definitely had its moments, and the commentary was really good as well, especially as the actors stayed in character for it, but it had been so hyped up for me that disappointment was inevitable, however, apparently somewhere on the internet is a 4 and half hour long version, which I may give a watch at some point, so we'll see how that is...

-- Edited by Redshoes on Friday 11th of October 2013 10:34:16 PM

Honoured Mook

Date:

I just watched Disney's Beauty and the Beast the other day and bawled like a big girls blouse when they did THE song. 

Sophie

The world is quiet here ...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Guys guys, I just watched How to Train Your Dragon: Gift of the Night Fury, oh god almighty it fucking hurt to watch, it was so cute. 22 minutes of pure fucking adorbz. BABA DRAGONS!!

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Irilar wrote:

Just watched "Bellflower", a low budget film about building a flamethrower with your best friend, a relationship and everything going to hell. It has some flaws, but it's the kind of art-house violence aesthethics reminiscent of the work of Nicolas Winding Refn that I love but none of my friends like at all.

I LOVE Nicolas Winding Refn.

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

«First  <  116 17 18 19  >  Last»  | Page of 19  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us