Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Dreams

Honoured Mook

Date:
Dreams

Let's all post our dreams in here!

I'll go first, if nobody's posted one by the time I get back from where I'm going.

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

I can't remember any off hand, but I will say I always dream pretty strong if I'm sleeping anywhere other than my usual bed...

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Is anybody here any good with the whole dream-analysis stuff?

Most of my dreams seem to involve money. I don't have an amazing abundance of the stuff, nor do I find myself lacking it terribly. And it's never normal money. I've dreamt about a 5 note that had red patterns, printed on black, with a younger looking Queen, and other such differences.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Last night, I dreamt I was making goat's cheese in a bucketful of milk in which I had added a live culture.  I stirred it and it was all frothy. But I left it in the Underground overnight and I was worried in case it went off (cheese is just milk that has gone off) but when I came back in the morning, it had nearly set perfectly.

Honoured Mook

Date:

My friend has concentration dreams.

He'll see a straight horizontal line in front of him- a white line on a black background. Then the line'll start to turn up at the ends. He'll concentrate on it, trying to get it straight. The more he concentrates, the harder it is to get the line perfectly straight, and he gets really, really frustrated, because the line just won't straighten up.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I had a weird dream last night where my husband had just won a gold medal in the Olympics for snowboarding (which is ridiculous because he's the skiier and I'm the ersatz snowboarder) and his mom (who is married) was not married and got married to George Carlin, who was waxing philosophical about how after-school tutors had the most meaningful jobs in the world, and then this girl decided to jump out of a plane and we were all convinced she was committing suicide because she hadn't won in her event but instead after untangling herself from the parachute cords in which she'd become entangled she righted herself on her board and went coasting down the mountain. We all applauded politely. And then I woke up.

Honoured Mook

Date:

It is said that all people in your dreams are just aspects of yourself.  So that might make more sense...

Honoured Mook

Date:

although some say that dreams are premonitions of the future...

MookyDuchess

Date:

Or they could be little movies your brain puts on to stop you getting bored and needing the toilet halfway through the night.

See my pictures at this site.

Date:

I hate it when I get vertigo dreams - where I'm at the top of a high mountain or building and about to swoosh down. In the dreams, the drop always looks worse than it is, and I just want to get it over with.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Baby Mook

Date:

I can usually remember my dreams really well - i always have really weird ones as well. I think is i watch a film or something says something i always tend to have a dream about it. I watched the Ghost of Mars once and for about 4 nights in a row i had a dream i was fight the ghosts it was dead weird. Same went for Event Horizon must be these weird films i watch :).

I had a dream once i was fighting a work collegue and for some reason she was really tough and everytime i hit her it was bouncing off. Weird really dreams - does anyone think there's any truth to what they stand for????

xx

MookyDuchess

Date:

I used to think I never remembered my dreams because I was too drunk. Then I stopped drinking and I realised that I never remembered my dreams because, well, I just have memory problems and just can't really remember much. I know I did something yesterday, but...

Do dreams predict the future? Who knows. You hear a lot of stories about people who say, well I dreamt about this disaster or that terrorists' attack and, lo and behold, thousands of people died. Which does beg the question... WHY DID YOU NOT FUCKING SAY SOMETHING THEN?

Maybe I should start drinking again... Might solve the anger management problems...

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Seriously, though, would one listen to those kinds of people?

MookyDuchess

Date:

Probably not. It would though help prove whether the prophetic dream thing really works.

Date:

Malcolm X said I HAVE A DREAM and everyone listened to him. That's because he was still having the dream while he was talking to them so he sounded a bit more convincing.

But if you go to a police station and say I HAD A DREAM, oh yes and it was about terrorists actually, I really think you should do something about it, they will think you are a right loon. And tell you to go away. And you'll look stupid.

So you do have a dream where thousands of people die and you think it was a premonition, the best thing is not to be lazy. Don't bother telling anyone, just leave your home / job / cat immediately, strap on a sweaty cowboy hat and a bullwhip and go and do something about it yourself.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I had a prophetic dream once.  In it, two quite distinct things happened.  When I got up (it was Saturday morning), I switched the television on and those two things happened in front of my very eyes.  Sadly, they were only in a TV cartoon.  Perhaps you have to build up things like natural disasters...

Regular Crew

Date:

The dream I had recently was, to say the least,very very strange. I had bought two snakes from a reptile shop, one black one which was only a baby and a green snake that had the head of a baby crocodile. The black snake was really nasty and bit me loads of times despite me holding it by the back of the head to stop it, so I thought 'fuck this' and let it escape. The green one was lovely, it sat on my bed and let me stroke it. Then I had to go out the room to get it some food, and when I came back my kitten Smudge and my mates cat Felix was there and the green snake was gone, or so I thought. Then I looked over the edge of the bed to see my kind and cute little green snakes body torn into pieces on the carpet, with Smudge standing proudly next to it.

Date:

Aw you could never ever get cross with a cat called Smudge!

I'm not saying it applies to your dream, but I have heard that animals in your dream - especially the kind of animals we don't usually see or pet, like huge black horses or tigers, can represent your fears and desires. Your stronger emotions.

And all I know about snakes is that

(a) they shed their skin and leave their old ones behind to rejuvenate

(b) a snake's bite is poisonous but that very same poison can be turned into an antidote against snake bite. So what can seem like poison is healing when processed in a different way.

Um, I know nothing about crocodiles!!

Regular Crew

Date:

Thats ok, I think the crocodile head was just a random deformity in my dream. The point about the snake bite is pretty interesting and is plausable, as most of the seemingly bad things in dreams can actually mean good. one good example of this is blood. When someone bleeds heavily in a dream, depending on what goes with it, it isn't neccessarily bad and can sometimes mean that you are or wish to 'bleed' out bad and negative things from your life.

Honoured Mook

Date:

The Egyptians, who made quite a science of dreams and produced the first book on drem interpretation about 1400bc used to think that dreams were often ironic, so if you dreamed about someone dying, for instance, it probably meant you were gong to get an unexpected gift (almost like a legacy)

Honoured Mook

Date:

space_cookie wrote:

The black snake was really nasty and bit me loads of times despite me holding it by the back of the head to stop it, so I thought 'fuck this' and let it escape. The green one was lovely, it sat on my bed and let me stroke it...Then I looked over the edge of the bed to see my kind and cute little green snakes body torn into pieces on the carpet

I noticed you posted on being depressed. What you could do with this dream is to run though it again in your mind as clearly as you can but change the snakes around. Let the green one go free once you have cuddled it a bit. And have the black one attacked by your cats if it bites you. I think it might make a difference. I think your mind will respond to the new imagery... Can't do any harm, anyway.

Regular Crew

Date:

That sounds cool, I'll try it and see what happens, which something might well do as the dream itself was pretty vivid and on the symbolisism side aswell (like being bitten in the right hand rather than just one random place each time).

Date:

A friend recently had a dream where she was chased by ninjas and when they finally caught up with her she realised they were small ninja children.

Has anyone got any idea about that one?

MookyDuchess

Date:

It sounds like it probably reflects a fear of children or getting pregnant. Perhaps.

Regular Crew

Date:

I recently found a book about dreams it tells you everything you need to know and i mean everything and it can help you understand yourself and life. If your intrested in dreams or want to know what your dreams mean you really should get one. :)

Swing low, sweet cherry, cherry Yeah it's awful He's drunk, he tastes Like candy, he's so beautiful.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm not sure a book can really work like a key for decoding dreams. THey can mean what ever you want them to mean... it's a bit like homeopathic medicine, the same thing doe sdifferent things dependent on your sex, mood, health, character etc

Honoured Mook

Date:

Alright you asked for it. Here is my dream. I saw creatures of many kinds, like i've never seen before, being stabed and killed. Their blood flowed into the earth and created a tree, from which hung the essence of life, represented by orbs with a mother of pearl sheen in them, swirling. (Everything was blue by the way as well as the Goddess who's face I did not see) The tree turned into the Goddess known in my dream as Nen. Then I see myself visiting a bunch of houses on my street that i've never been in in real life,but they are there in real life, talking to people who follow Nen. Then i'm at the promenade mall(life is in normal color here) with my family and my mother has made me a priestess, but apparently I don't want to be or i'm scared because she starts yelling at me saying "I thought you wanted a higher calling?! I though you wanted a purpose?!" In the mean time, like the year 2070, a futuristic, blond, warrior woman, is building a platform with a gnome looking creature to reach something. (Everything is still blue again) I even see the gears they use to make it. When she gets to the top by the newly built platform I see the temple of Nen being overrun by soldiers and I start shooting. It's first person by then. Then I wake up thinking WTF, OMG!

Baby Mook

Date:

Thats some serious dreamin you've got goin on there!
I wish I could remember mine.....my house mate can always remember hers really vividly but I couldn't tell you the last time I knew anything about mine...

Honoured Mook

Date:

Because of my chaotic thinking in real life I tend to have warped dreams. I've dreamt of almost everything from war to love. It never ends. I imagine it won't until I figure myself out. And since i'm a teenager, that might take a while.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Now that, apple, is the sort of thing you should be writing in a diary, getting as much of the vividity as possible down on paper, and then creating some sort of weird monthy python type story later... I'm thinking a sort of 'I'm a teenage dreamer' tv series, with you faling asleep and then these amazing sketches happening one after another... until the next week. Wow.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us