Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: How do you ask for help?

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:
How do you ask for help?

We all need help at some point, and advice for anything nearly always includes "ask someone for help". I find it so hard, though. How do you actually go about asking for help? Sometimes I need help (a mix of practical help and headspace) but I'm not sure what kind, so I dont' ask because I feel I should be clear about what I'm asking for. And who do you ask? A friend, or the whole world via Twitter?

Asking is hard. Asking is important.

How do you ask for help?

UPDATE: Yesterday I talked with a friend in the Twitter poetry community about how she deserved to ask for help because she was feeling lonely. She reached out to the world with a tweet and by the end of the day she had joined a mini virtual lab and sounding chamber for some likeminded poets. I know stories don't always have happy endings, but I love that she asked for help and got what she wanted - not a Huge Solution and Fame, but the chance to work with a few people she liked and cared about. That is amazing.

-- Edited by Magda Mookychick on Saturday 13th of April 2019 09:50:26 AM

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Im realising lately that Im actually not very good at asking for help. I tend to think help should go to people who need it more than I do, and then when things do get really bad, I feel too overwhelmed and kind of ashamed. I think I always tend to feel kind of embarrassed and minimise things. So its really nice hearing little stories like the one about your friend. Im sure she was really grateful to you for supporting her in taking that step too

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us