Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: How do you ask for help?

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:
How do you ask for help?

We all need help at some point, and advice for anything nearly always includes "ask someone for help". I find it so hard, though. How do you actually go about asking for help? Sometimes I need help (a mix of practical help and headspace) but I'm not sure what kind, so I dont' ask because I feel I should be clear about what I'm asking for. And who do you ask? A friend, or the whole world via Twitter?

Asking is hard. Asking is important.

How do you ask for help?

UPDATE: Yesterday I talked with a friend in the Twitter poetry community about how she deserved to ask for help because she was feeling lonely. She reached out to the world with a tweet and by the end of the day she had joined a mini virtual lab and sounding chamber for some likeminded poets. I know stories don't always have happy endings, but I love that she asked for help and got what she wanted - not a Huge Solution and Fame, but the chance to work with a few people she liked and cared about. That is amazing.

-- Edited by Magda Mookychick on Saturday 13th of April 2019 09:50:26 AM

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us