Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Trans* thread

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:
Trans* thread

A place where all your trans* posts can go. Trans* people are given priority to speak here.

As a cis woman I'm not ideal to start things off no But I've just read on the BBC how a trans woman was finally allowed to access her pension. This is such a relief. There's so much I don't know about the everyday challenges a trans person faces, and the law contains so many weird paths and turnings. It's ridiculous that this woman wasn't initially allowed her pension because she chose to remain married for reasons of faith. Apparently, acquiring a full "gender recognition certificate" under the 2004 UK Gender Recognition Act was forbidden if you were married and did not have your marriage annulled on the basis of gender change. Thank fuck the courts recognised that this woman was obviously eligible for her pension, and that not giving it to her was a breach of European law. Maybe it's a small thing, but to me it sounds like a big thing. Every time a single person's experience proves that dinosaur laws don't make sense, it helps pave the way for others to get more justice.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It's really awful that this woman was expected to annul her marriage to get what she was entitled to. The way the gender recognition act works here is ridiculous and really costly. I'm very pro a reform and it being self declaration. Ireland's system seems to be quite good from what i know about it

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us