Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Need ideas for what to eat on my period

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:
Need ideas for what to eat on my period

Do you have a typical food you eat when you're on your period?

I'm on my period and I'm feeling listless. And hungry but not-hungry. My decision making processes are down the tubes. Do mooks have recommendations for what I could eat that would be easy, filling, tasty? I'm an omnivore. I keep thinking about the sweet crust and tartness of cherry pie (I see no cherry pies in my immediate future). I could just eat gack, but I'm finally getting to the point where I recognise that eating multipacks of crisps can feel a little empty. I think how nice it would be to have some kind of salty rice broth, but should I really try to make some? Should I? Or should I just wander around the house like a ghost, thinking of all the good things I could do but not actually doing them?

PS I could be wrong but I think I need something sweet, sour or salty.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

What about sweet and salty popcorn?

I think if you fancy the soup you should have that.

I am still very much in the eat my weight in chocolate then realise a week later why I've been so ravenous.

Date:

I ended up having the smoothie I have every day - banana, handful of kale, two big spoons of yoghurt, and almond milk. It was wonderful. And then I ate my weight's worth of chocolate!

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Sounds great! When I don't feel well, I like to eat a lot of fruit (especially strawberries, raspberries, satsumas, and melon), and carbs. I mean, those are basically my two favourite food groups so yeah.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Date:

That sounds lovely! But not fruit pasta. I'm not sure I'm ready for fruit pasta.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us