Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Happy New Year

Date:
Happy New Year

Happy New Year

Hello, lovelies. It's Magda here.

Happy New Year!

Are there any things you have been pleased about in 2017?

Are there any things you plan to add to the Book of You in 2018?

'Book of You' hahaha, oh heavens, you know what I mean :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Happy New Year to you too Magda, and to all the Mooks! I hope 2018 will all bring you health, success and happiness.

2017 was a rough year for me but I was happy to go back to school after a year off and to show my kids how to play ukulele. I have been pleased about the fact that Mr. Grumpy stopped smoking and by how awesome my nephew and nieces are. In 2018, I plan to not let health problems get in the way of my happiness. They may make life harder but they won't keep me from smiling and enjoy the little things.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Happy new yeaaaar!
i think 2017 felt like a lot of kind of starting to be ok and that was very good.
i'm hoping to start maybe doing more and figure myself out more about what i want from life and to stop letting feeling insecure stop me from doing stuff and to hopefully get over my ridiculous and destructive perfectionism and get more on top of my mental health

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

For me, 2017 was a year of fixing things that were broken and now I'm in a position where I'm just 'yup, ready to get on with things now'. I found a job quickly for the sake of having a job and was fortunate enough to discover that it's something I'm really good at and enjoy, and I hope 2018 will mean advancing in it a bit more. Yaaaaaaaaaas.

2018 is a bit weird for me because I'm in a position where nothing that was holding me back is currently even there, so I have no idea what I'm gonna DO with this information, but be damn sure I'm gonna do something. Oh, and to start off, I'm getting a tattoo in about half an hour. And I can't wait to show you guys the design :)

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Honoured Mook

Date:

Happy New Year, dear Mooks!

2017 was pretty big for me in terms of big life changes: I FINALLY graduated university and got a bachelor's degree in linguistics and French language literature, which was something I had long before lost hope I'd ever be able to do. 

I also moved in with a guy for the first time and we'll soon have been living together for a year. 

2018 is going to be a year where I concentrate primarily on my career, education, and travelling. 

I want to get into a Master's programme to get proper qualification to be a teacher. 

I'd like to gather up the courage at last and go see the world; I'm going to apply for a summer job abroad, most likely in the UK, and work there for at least a month. 

I hope all of your goals and projects for the new year come true! 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

2017 was kind of an "oh, it's over?" year for me. I don't think I did enough with it. But one thing I'm proud of was that I went to (and completed) a short group therapy programme! I'm starting the next group in early february and at some point I'll be doing a more intensive group too (waiting list). It was tough physically because chronic fatigue, but it was nice and I learned a lot of other people are socially isolated too. I learnt a lot & met some nice people. I'm still a little bit shocked I even started the programme.

I also watched my kitten grow a bunch, and I spent another year with a boy I love very much. Oh, and I made a new friend online who has already become one of my closest friends!

In 2018 I really want to work on my physical & mental health. Like REALLY. Not just tell myself I will, I want to actually do it. My chronic fatigue is very very bad and I need to commit to trying to help myself. I'm on the waiting list for graded exercise therapy but I need to help myself in the meantime. And my mental health is an ongoing battle, but I'm going to try to put the work in to help myself. And I need to rebuild some sort of social life once I'm able to.

Happy new year everyone, I hope this year is bright & happy for all of you.

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

2017 was a difficult year for me. I think a little over halfway through I realised that I'd been looking for the wrong things in the wrong places, that I'd been hurting a lot and in retaliation I'd been causing a lot of hurt. I'm proud of myself for having made it through. 2017 was the year that I learnt how to be okay by myself.

I think 2018's going to be a challenging year too, hopefully in different ways. I'm rebuilding myself. In October, I'll be going on my year abroad, so that's exciting. I'd like to travel in the summer, I'd like to learn another language. I hope this year I will discover how to make myself happy.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us