Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Dakota Access Pipeline Protest Links (NO DAPL)

Honoured Mook

Date:
Dakota Access Pipeline Protest Links (NO DAPL)

I'm under the assumption that the rest of the world is more aware of global issues than most Americans are, but in case you are unaware, the Dakota Access Pipeline Protest is a movement trying to stop an oil pipeline from being built through a First Nation's reservation which includes sacred burial sites. In addition to the destruction of sacred land, the pipeline also threatens a massive water supply that serves not only the reservation, but surrounding cities.

This article has been a helpful resource for helping the Standing Rock Sioux 

Standing Rock also has a fund that can be donated through paypal  and an Amazon Wishlist with several options that are doable for people who are as broke as I am.)

They are also accepting donations at this address:

Warm winter clothes are appreciated. Socks, gloves, and hats are easy (and cheap) to mail international.

Supplies, cash, or check donations can be sent to:

Sacred Stone Camp P.O. Box 1011, Fort Yates, ND 58538

or

202 Main Street Fort Yates, ND 58538

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm one of the last surviving descendants of the Yellow Hand Sioux tribe. My tribe is dead. I'm not about to see another tribe die without one hell of a fight. The latest I heard from North Camp is the pipeline security/police raided the camp, pissed on people's possessions before they bulldozed the site and returned people's urine covered belongings to them. They burned them by the river. I'm going to a protest on Tuesday that starts in my city and then commutes to our state capital Dover.

-- Edited by ChynaRoze on Monday 14th of November 2016 12:31:11 AM

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm several state's away and the girl I went to college with who is going there to protest is an off-the-grid kind of person, so all the updates I get are second hand and filtered through social media. I am able to acknowledge that the reports I get are skewed; I feel that way about any kind of protest. But holy shit, it's impossible for so many people to make up so many horrible stories. I feel so much despair every time I hear things about this and what you told me now made my blood boil. I wish I could go protest in person--it is the first time in my life I have seen a cause and thought I would risk my safety for this, too but I have no feasible way to get there. I wish you the best of luck and strength with attending the protest.

If you have any news or resources to share that could help, I would be eternally grateful.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us