Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Local Ghost Stories/Spooky Occurrences?

Honoured Mook

Date:
Local Ghost Stories/Spooky Occurrences?

Does your hometown or region have any notable ghost stories? Are there any urban legends or stories you remember hearing as a child?

Our town has the "bagunk" which is our bigfoot/boogyman story. There's so many different version it's hard to keep track, but I think the legend of it is fading in this generation. There's a pile of stories on the origin of the name--one is that it is the sound the car made when it crushed the man who became the Bagunk, and another is that it's a horrible English pronunciation for a Lenape word for a creature that roamed the woods and lived in the caves there.

My 4th grade English teacher claimed to have seen it. At the time she was telling the story, I couldn't figure out why teenagers would want to park their car to "talk" in the woods next to the cemetery, but now that I'm older the subtext is much clearer lmao. Anyway she claims the figure emerged from the mist in the cemetery where nothing had been and came at the car, and it was larger than any man they'd seen, and the eyes reflected back red like animal eyes.

There's also an area that the Lenape refused to live and said it was cursed.  I haven't been able to find out too many details; it was the site of a battle between settlers and natives but beyond that I can't find story. (Except for a non-ghostly theory: the whole area floods VERY regularly. It's basically surrounded by water.)

What about you? Anything in your area? Or any personal ghost stories? 

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

My city is rich in paranormal stories, the two I can remember now though are Jenny green teeth an spring heel Jack, I won't go too much into them right now but if you Google the writer Tom sleman he is a local writer that is an expert on paranormal an local urban legends

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I don't know about local ghost stories (I live in a retirement town, it is probably hoaching with ghosts) but my daughter talked about a lady in one of the rooms in her nursery, they didn't use it much and it definitely wasn't one of the staff. She didn't like the lady who grumpily said "go play". We didn't mention it to staff!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh my golly gosh, there are about a bazillion ghost stories surrounding the town I live in now. It's one of Britain's oldest recorded towns, and it was the site of interrogation and imprisonment of witches for self-styled Witchfinder General Matthew Hopkins. It was also the location of a pretty big siege during the English civil war, and my local park has a fairly grim monument marking the execution spot of two royalist captains. My house is right next to a ruined priory dating from about 1100, and the town also has a 17th century hotel with three resident ghosts.

I'd never really noticed any paranormal activity before, until I moved into this house. It's now a common occurence that the toilet seat will go up and down and up and down on its own, plugs will fly out of sockets, my phone charger will switch itself off at the wall during the night, things will move around, items will fall off shelves... there's only so much I can blame on the cat!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm currently devouring all the responses in this thread! =D

Blizzard--A friend and I were actually looking to do a project on Jenny Greenteeth but changed our mind at the last minute! That's neat that it's your home town!

Spikey that's absolutely creepy and I love it

Cowl--I understand completely hahah! My friend lives in a similar house; the hairdryer that was not plugged in started to run one day, sinks turn on and off, and there's only so much they can blame on "well it's an old building." I believe in ghosts during the night time so occurrences like that are always simultaneously spooky and awesome

Does anyone else have any spooky stories that happen at their homes?

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us