Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Marvel's MOCKINGBIRD

Honoured Mook

Date:
Marvel's MOCKINGBIRD

A few weeks ago, I was browsing my comic book store when I saw the cover for Mockingbird. The woman on the front was portrayed in all the classic bad-boy poses reminiscent of James Bond, only with tits. I was apprehensive; Marvel tries but often falls short with female characters. (Why do they all have the same face, for example?)

But oh my gosh...It was awesome.

There's no way I can't not review this for mookychick eventually, but I wanted to know if anyone else is reading it right now?

if you're not, you totally need to pick it up :)

Barbara "Bobbi" Morse was reconstructed from a discarded love interest to a bad-ass in her own right. The team has decided that Bobbi won't be used to further someone else's storyline; this is HER storyline and it's full of zombies, psychic powers, hospital waiting rooms, corgis, and rescuing fellow SHIELD Agents.

The first 5 issues are put together really neat. the author describes them as a "puzzle box." Issue #1 sets up the story, but you can pick up any issue from 1-5 and get a complete story. When you get to #5, little clues and background details will change your perception of issue #1, so it's neat that you get a lot of bang for your buck. I'm now visiting the comic book store every week and loving it.

If you're interested, the comics are available here. 

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us