Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Ghostbusters Remake

Honoured Mook

Date:
Ghostbusters Remake

So, the other day, s/o and I went to see the new Ghost Busters.

We were both of similiar opinons before we saw the movie: it doesn't bother us that they remade the movie with women, just that they felt they needed to remake the movie at all. I'm not crazy about the idea of reboots.

The movie was pretty good, though. Have you seen it? What did you think? Can we have a slightly-spoiler-less discussion about it?

I think I enjoyed the movie because it was one of the few times I've seen women portrayed with just the right amount of grossness. I don't know how to explain this--it wasn't like in some movies where they make out the woman's body to be gross, or they go over the top with body humor jokes, but the movie didn't just neglect them either.  

Also i have to admit--having a dude being ditzy eyecandy for once was pretty funny. I was enjoying it.

However, the "lets drench lead actor in slime over and over again because ewww slime" was a little tedious for me.

Have you seen it? Thinking about seeing it? Not seeing it? What are your thoughts!

Regular Crew

Date:

I really liked it. I went into it thinking it might be a little cringey but it surprised me with how funny and camp and enjoyable it was.
Chris Hemsworth's character was hilarious--it's so funny to see that ditzy secretary role gender-bended. Kristen Wiig and Leslie Jones were my favourites, but I think I'm in a minority re: Kate McKinnon. I found her character really heavy handed and irritating.
Good summer popcorn film though. Good comedy actresses, good ghosts, good cameos!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I think Leslie Jones's character might be up there for one of my favorites for the film, but Kate McKinnon's was a close second---specifically for all the heavy handedness. I can see 100% why that's irritating; she was the only one that made me cringe a few times, but I know someone very similar to her IRL and that's probably where my softness for her came from.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us