Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: New post: Why I decided to buy a houseboat

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:
New post: Why I decided to buy a houseboat

"I was never cut out for the truly nomadic life that I thought Id love; I travel for a living and assumed Id drift from place to place, rent free, my possessions in one bag, having adventures.

What actually happened was an exercise in stress and suitcase-dragging. Yes, the life had its moments of beauty but there is a huge difference between backpacking across the world, taking casual jobs here and there, and wheeling a thirty kilo suitcase from job to job one so full of outfits on loan that I didnt dare leave it anywhere"

Read more

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Baby Mook

Date:

This article came at fantastic timing. I had just returned home from wandering along the canals from Camden Town, peering into the houseboats and making plans to sail away in one of them. I was wondering how it all worked, and the article answered many of my questions...

@allthatjazz_1

Date:

Hello Spectacled Raven, delighted to welcome such a fine member of the corvid family to the board!

Aw, glad you liked the article. Faith has written two more - one about the details of decorating for a small houseboat space and one about companionship and community and living solo and how that can all work on a boat. We're publishing them weekly so I can keep you posted x

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Baby Mook

Date:

Thank you !!

Houseboats are a tempting proposition, happy to learn more :)

@allthatjazz_1

Date:

Raven, this one is for you. Part 2 of the series!

Faith's houseboat decorating tips for small spaces

Faith's tastes run towards 'enchanted grotto' not minimalism. She offers all kinds of practical tips for thinking about making the most of houseboat space, including storage and greenery and even having tiny foldaway shrines :)

Baby Mook

Date:

Thanks for letting me know Magda. I love how she has decorated the place - the challenge with small spaces is how to make the space multifunctional as well as full of character and she has totally nailed it.

The tree trunks on the walls were fab :)

@allthatjazz_1

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us