Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Has anyone seen 'Circle' yet? What did you think?

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:
Has anyone seen 'Circle' yet? What did you think?

I just watched Circle, a low-budget sci-fi film that's basically a long conversation relating to ethics and might appeal to Black Mirror fans. It had a really low reviewer rating on Netflix so I watched it on my own. It deserved way more than 1.5 stars and now I wish I'd watched it with someone and really want to see what other people think!

Here's my review btw, no spoilers

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I haven't seen it (and it's not readily available for me to see it either), but judging by the trailer it looks interesting.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Honoured Mook

Date:

I really want to see it after reading the review posted on the site, but it's not on US netflix as far as I can tell and I'm stuck waiting for it.

Magda, do you know if it's available (legally) anywhere else?

Date:

Ooh I don't sadly. That doesn't mean it isn't... um, one of the actors liked my review and followed me on Twitter and I could ask them, but I'm not sure if they'd be flattered or horrified!

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

So, thanks to a friend's Netflix account I just saw Circle. Yep, definitively deserves more than 1,5 stars. That, and the film itself puts a dent in my belief in mankind.

Spoiler

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Date:

I agree,

Spoiler

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

We have just watched it based entirely on this thread. The characters seemed very relevant to all the shit going on the US just now.

My view on it without spoilering, like The Weakest Link...if Anne Robinson had lasers!

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us