Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: April 2016 Round Up

Honoured Mook

Date:
April 2016 Round Up

April 2016 Mookytastic Round Up

April 2016 on Mookychick was filled with plenty of exciting reads. Before you take a moment to scan through all the articles published over the last 30 days, remember that Mookychick is going to start its first ever monthly newsletter! Make sure to sign up today to keep up on the latest content on Mookychick.

Things they'll never tell you about Basketball-and Sexism:

Peg Tittle plays basketball on a mixed team of men and women and shares what she learned about herself, sexism and basketball, including the questions no one is asking-but should be.

Tarot Spreads: 'Entering the Card' Meditation Technique

Astrid Haszprunarova guides tarot readers to a deeper connection with the major arcana with this Entering the Card Meditation.

Festival Essentials Checklist

Whether it's your first time going to a festival or your hundredth, Lucy Ireland has you covered with this festival essentials checklist.

Female Werewolves in Pop Culture, Oh My

Dr. Hannah Priests sits down with Mookychick Founder Magda Knight to talk about gender identity, class, and folklore surrounding female werewolves in pop culture.

She Makes War 'Direction of Travel' Album Launch--Watch the Paper Thin Video

Mookychick Favorite "She Makes War" returns to talk about her newest music video with collaborative vocals from Tanya Donelly ((Belly, Breeder, Throwing Muses) from her 2016 album Direction of Travel.

The Witch: A New England Folktale Film Review

This film is recreated from court documents, journals, and other historical New England Folklore for an authentic fright.

Small Steps: Flash Fiction

"Recovery is not a linear process, but this is the start of Tessa's journey to recovery," says Anjulie Pickett on the small steps Tessa takes to overcome her depression in this flash fiction.

Traveling Alone as a Woman is my great joy

To everyone who said, "You can't travel alone", Lucy Ireland said, "Yes I can." Ireland shares details from her recent trip to Thailand and suggestions for planning, journeying, and returning home.

5 Ways to Overcome the Fear of Confrontation

Lucy Ireland gives 5 tips to overcome the fear of confrontation to overcome social limitations, improve your relationships, and take a positive step forward in self-care.

Sometimes it's not confidence, it's courage

Tedtalkx presenter Rosie Allen talks about how too many people mistake courage for confidence. "There's a reason we call it courage, because it isn't easy," she says.

What can comic shops do to be more inclusive to women? And everyone?

Comic Shop Raygun East talks with Mookychick on what Comic Retailers can do to be more inclusive of everyone, starting with dropping the snobbery towards people who have never read comics before.

Win the Harley Quin Hoodie of your Dreams:

Enter before 30th May to win this epic Harley Quinn hoodie in UK sizes 8-16.

My Struggle with Hating other Women:

Trisha M looks at the relationship between her mother's drug dependency and how this affected her ability to receive social support from other women in her life.

The Raven Boys Review:

Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Cycle begins with The Raven Boys, esoteric YA that treats readers like adults.

1 in 5 People working the UK Games Industy Are Women

The newly published results of Creative Skillset's 2015 employment census show that 1 in 5  of the 10,000 people employed in the UK games industry are women. Onwards and upwards.

New Korean-Inspired Beauty Brand Gives the World Panda Face Masks

Mookychick Central gives you the tools you need to look like a fabulous panda while you pamper your face for some DIY Spa time.

These are the Life Lessons I learned from a break up

P.S. Malcom shares 5 things she learned from a break-up and reminds readers that we can all use a little bit of independence in our lives.

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Oh, wow! Thank you so much for doing this! It's such a generous effort on your part and it looks great, thank you! I'm pretty spooked about how much got published in April. Such an eclectic mix. I'd better get on with doing that newsletter then :)

Speaking of newsletters, there's a web wide world section to highlight great stuff from other people (awareness campaigns, interesting online happenings etc). If anyone has a link they would like featured there just say. It's going out in about 3 hours.

-- Edited by Magda Mookychick on Saturday 30th of April 2016 08:00:17 AM

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us