Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Oil-slick skinned gals and guys unite!

Regular Crew

Date:
Oil-slick skinned gals and guys unite!

Does anyone else here have oily skin? And by oily skin I don't mean a little shiny at the end of the day, or t-zone sheen...I'm talking full blown soaking with sebum sitch. 
Since my teenage years I have been fighting a losing battle with my oily skin, and the resulting blemishes, dull texture, and hyperpigmentation that it causes. I have tried pretty much everything, including Roaccutane, which was a godsend after the fact and made my skin beautiful and matte and poreless and blemish-free, until a year or two later, when the oil returned as before (although the acne was less severe).

Being a greasy person makes me feel unclean and gross and uncomfortable during the day, makes skipping showers a disgusting prospect even when necessary (long haul travel etc.), and is just plain inconvenient. Make-up slides off my face within a couple of hours of application, which is a shame, because that stuff is expensive. 

Greasy skin things that are tried and tested by me include:
* Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation. This is not ostensibly a great product- even the lightest shade gives me an orange tidemark, and the texture is unforgiving on any dry patches you might have, but it's one of the only foundations I've found that doesn't feel disgusting on top of a bad skin sitch. 
* L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation. Better than the above, great liquid foundation for oily skinned people.
* Moisturiser- because if you don't moisturise, your skin overcompensates by producing more oil. Now I am a grown woman I know this, but teenage me was all about the grim astringent, red-raw face school of skincare. I washed my face several times a day, scrubbed with those horrible fish-killing blue microbeads, used wet medical gauze to remove most of my epidermis in a do-it-yourself attempt at a home facial, slapped alcoholic, pungent toners on at every opportunity, the whole shebang.
* Cheap blotting papers to control sheen throughout the day
* Changing my pillowcase every night

Perhaps my fellow sufferers can enlighten me, and if not, commiserate? Let's discuss :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've only just started to get more oily skin again as it balanced out a bit to just normal controllable oily after puberty and now i'm going through puberty again so it's oily and spotty again!
I recently bought a power sunscreen from lush and i've only used it a couple of time but it seems pretty good for protecting but not adding more oil, and being a powder it kinda counteracts the oil.
Another two lush things i've found good are coal face soap and dark angels scrub, also mask of magnaminty is good for the acne.
Also there's an oil control spray by make-up revolution that is pretty good for applying over make-up

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us