Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: DIY Christmas gifts

Honoured Mook

Date:
DIY Christmas gifts

I'm needing some ideas. Since I'm currently in the process of buying a house I don't have much money to spend on Christmas. I've made my usual homemade bath salts and teas but other than that I am completely out of ideas as to what to make or do for my loved ones. 

What have you guys been making or want to make? 

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

One thing I've seen at the craft fairs I work that's awesome is the gift in a jar, it can be for anything like ingredients for baking or seeds etc for anyone interested in gardening, check them out on pinterest, you can get everything you need at a pound shop (dollar store) Super cheap, easy to make and easy to customize

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

This year, friends and relatives will mostly be getting chocolate filled with leftovers from my liquermaking (Dark chcocolate & vodka infused rowanberries ahoy!). If I only knew earlier how fun and easy it is to make chocolate thingies.

Everyone else will be getting fruit and berry preserves as usual...

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Last year I made makrami jar holders for my mother-in-law so she could hang citronella candles outside her caravan. Big ball of twine, youtube tutorial, scissors.

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

My friend gave me a little box filled with unground seeds and spices to make a curry, together with a hand-written recipe, and I loved it. It looked so pretty and was very useful.

I used to love making and wearing chokers (lengths of velvet ribbon and velcro, get thee down the haberdasher's). I'm tempted to make and wear them again, maybe that would work for some of the people you know?

It's a bit late as a recommendation for this year, but this Christmas I'm making sloe gin for gifts. The initial outlay for the gin is expensive, and you have to get the sloe berries seasonally (hooray for eBay). But I've got these little 100ml bottles and should be able to make sloe gin for about 25 people. I'll make little hand-made labels saying "best drunk in February 2016 or beyond", or something more catchy. That's because at Christmas the sloe gin will have been doing its thing for about 2 months, and already tastes nice, but after 3 months it'll taste far better. Really, I should be making another batch now so I can give people sweet liquid fire for Christmas 2016...

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us