Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Another Hi thread.

Regular Crew

Date:
Another Hi thread.

So since I am very new to this forum I thought I would do the typical "Hi Guys" like thread. 

I've been part of forums since I was about 13, but the have mainly been RP ones but I love that sense of community forums bring. Most my real life friends (barring one spectacular human) don't really get the whole love for posting online/friends online. 

ANYWAYS. Yes. About Me....
I'm truly awful at these kind of things. 

You can call me Jay. I'm 23 and female. I work part time in a job that has: killed my soul, made me feel completely isolated, made me feel worthless and made it pretty clear that my opinions are invalid because I have ovaries. I go to college studying Social Sciences and I'm really fascinated with Sociology. I have been thinking about University a lot recently but really it might be pointless. Yes, I will enjoy myself, I will get to learn and I think it would be an amazing experience do study something that really interests me but there is no job I'd want to do with it. I kinda am already doing what I want to do but not really. I crochet and I think over the years of teaching myself and writing my own patters I've gotten really good. People even pay me to make woolen toys. It's so amazing.

I love cartoons, cats, caaaake! craftyness in general, comics, yarn, reading and most importantly; sleeping and that's all I can really think of just now. SO YES, HI. 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I will knit you a sweater of love and kindness.

P.S. UNIVERSITY WOULD BE A SUPER GOOD THING FOR YOU, DON'T YOU WORRY YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE ABOUT IT.

PPS. I know Jay so if I come across as overly familiar that's why, (And I don't have boundaries etc etc)

Regular Crew

Date:

I would wear it all the time - like all the time!
Until it was just random threads of yarn held up by love and magic.

I know it would be great! I was thinking of Stirling so travel would be expensive, I'm going to have to start being an adult and taking all the home responsibilities myself so I genuinely don't think I could afford to go to uni with that. Also, because I'm such a SMART GUY I totally fucking put myself in a stupid box where I'm now going to go flat-viewing with youknowwho and he's really pushing for me to move out with him.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

YO 23 YEAR OLD FEMALE, I AM ALSO A 23 YEAR OLD FEMALE. TWINSIES.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

You sound great! Your likes are all things I also like. Especially cats and cake. Welcome to mooky :)

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Regular Crew

Date:

^^ OH SNAP. TWINSIES.

We are such a rare find, we need to stick together! 

^ Bless your cotton socks, too sweet :3
Cake and Cats are the best, I say that though and yet I've still never been to a cat cafe. And thank you :D I'm liking it here. I've spent loads of time reading old posts and I'm howling at some of them. 

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

23 year olds are rare. We should start a club

Forget the horror here.

Regular Crew

Date:

^ Yes, and naturally Blink 182 - What's my age again? will be our theme song.

Lush Guru

Date:

I'm not 23 but I still say hi!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm 33 (34 next week) but hi! I also know Kristy in real life so, jay, we are like friends by proxy.

Regular Crew

Date:

You don't need to be 23 to say hi (or be part of the club)
And yay! Friends by proxy, well Kristy's a pretty spiffy person so I don't blame you for knowing her in real life. She's pretty great <3

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

*blush* oh you guyz.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hi Jay,welcome to Mooky! Any pal of Kristy is more than welcome and also [bonus!] is exempted from the initiation ceremony lol. You'll definitely enjoy it here ; a lot of people here like some or most of your interests - obviously cats will always be number one otherwise they will overthrow us all should we displease them,but after that,books,cake and sleeping FTW!

Anyhow,from what you've said,your job doesn't sound the greatest. Have you not had any luck getting a better one? It's a pity you can't earn enough just being paid to knit toys ; they say if you find a job you enjoy you'll never "work" again and it sounds like you really enjoy doing that!

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Regular Crew

Date:

Yeah, I've already found myself loving it here (although due to my motto of, "that's future me's problem" I've been suffering the consequences and not had tons of time to be online). Cat's are just the best - I've only had my cat about 4 weeks now and I've already plunged into the status of crazy cat lady as I take her for walks (around my flat because I'm still getting her use to it) napping with her and bailing on life so I can chill with my "new girlfriend". But yeah, people who like cats, sleep and books are my kind of people :D

My job isn't the greatest. It's a shame because I love the things we sell (comics) and I love the people I work with but the owners are awful. They've had toooons of problems with female staff and forcing them out, but they've had problems with that with me (essentially because I know too much) but now the owner and I are forbidden from working on the same days which means I got my hours seriously reduced. I tried to look for a job a while back but it was a time waste. I figured my lack of shifts is actually idea because I still get a wee bit of money every week, I have the time to go back to education and I still have at least 2 days to crochet every week :D which I'll need if I ever want it to go anywhere, like next year I am trying to do one big convention which means many, many a hours with yarn and needles :P

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us