Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Magda Weddingfest thread

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:
Magda Weddingfest thread

HELLO THERE, I'M GETTING MARRIED!

Paddy and I doing the getting married in a wood on September 26th. We have been going out for eight years and the time is now...

I was going to pop this in the happy box... but as it's got loads of hopefully useful resources I thought I'd do a separate thread and also hide all the resources to save space. Happy to have it merged though.

Honestly, there have been so MANY choices to make in what's become a DIY wedding with woodland camping. Until now I'd never even thought about the difference between a ceremony and reception. Now I've been thinking endlessly about anything and everything, from bouquets and decorations to readings (I'm so obsessed with The Offbeat Bride right now). I've tried to keep my shared resources below just down to stuff other people might find helpful and not get excited about FERRETS A FRIEND IS BRINGING HER FERRETS!!!!

There'll no doubt be things I'll wish I'd done differently, but it doesn't matter. That the day itself is happening is the lovely thing. Hooray :)

WEDDINGFEST RESOURCES:

Spoiler

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Congratulations Magda! Sounds like you've planned a really beautiful, personal, lovely wedding, and you'll have a fantastic time (also, I am 100% with you, Lidl, Aldi and Ebay are the best when it comes to sourcing cheap but good quality weddingy bits!)! I'm sure it will be a fantastic day filled with magic and love, and I can't wait to see all the lovely pictures of you and your new husband (eek!)!

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Congratulations!! It all sounds lovely and I think the readings sound particularly beautiful

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

CONGRATULATIONS MAGDA! HURRAH! Sounds like a lovely wedding and I love love love the idea of Winnie the Pooh, Terry Pratchett, and Margaret Atwood readings. Looking forward to seeing all the pictures (your hairdresser sounds amazing)!

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

OH MY GOD CONGRATULATIONS. That is fantastic news, I'm so thrilled for you. Everything sounds so amazingly beautiful.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Congratulations! That is a truly beautiful, special wedding you have planned there and I hope that you and your beloved enjoy it and the rest of your lives together.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Thank you all so much for your best wishes. It will be a hairy tufty day, a bit like us! xx

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

AAAAA congratulations Magda! :D

Lush Guru

Date:

So many congratulations! I have clicked many of your links! (The hop buttonhole is the first time The Captain has had an opinion about anything floral in his entire life).

Super super happy for you, your day/couple of days sounds really lovely, and very you! Can't wait for pictures of you stomping round the woods in boots and a beautiful wedding dress.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Yay for happy weddingings

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Congratulations! It sounds like it's going to be such a beautiful day :)

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Ahh! Congrats, Magda! Sounds like you've planned everything out really well, I'm sure this will be helpful to folks planning/considering marriage things. I love the sound of your hair stuff and I'm sure your day is going to be absolutely beautiful :)

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Congratulations, it sounds like you'll have an amazing day!

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

Massive congrats and excellent planning Magda! xx

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Magda, I now name you the queen of planning. There's no doubts it's gonna be a beautiful and magical wedding, I'm really happy for you! Congratulations! :)

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Regular Crew

Date:

Congratulations - it sounds like it will be a very beautiful day! I bet you are all going to look gorgeous! It'd be great to see photos :) x

Lonely Moon - quirky, hand-made jewellery

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Aaah, congrats Magda!! No doubt you'll have the most amazing wedding, but sending happy vibes your way anyway!

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Regular Crew

Date:

Yay Magda!!!!!!!!

Sparkly vintage faerie princess most high

Regular Crew

Date:

Congratulations! From what I've seen around here so far, your fiance is a very lucky man to have found you. And a woodland wedding sounds wonderful! I love the entire aesthetic that you've described, it sound beautiful.

Lush Guru

Date:

It's today! Possibly even happened already, so happy wedding day to Mr and Ms Magda! Massive congratulations!

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

CONGRATS! If the forum had emojis there would be lots of hearts and a cake on this post.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I hope you had the most fantastic day!!!!!!!!!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The forum does have emojis...

I guess this is more birthday than wedding cake, but I am firmly of the belief that everything can be improved by setting small pillars of wax on fire...

I hope the day was spectacular!

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Congratulations to the Lord and Lady Magda! I'm sure you had a beautiful day stomping about in the forest in your big boots! (also Vic, how on earth did you not know we have emojis?! )

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^Obviously my drunk past self does not pay attention to integral features of the forum! no

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I hope you had the most excellent, beautiful and amazing day Magda! Congratulations!

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Congratulations Magda! I hope you had an amazing day!

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Congratulations Magda and Mr. Magda! I hope you had a magical, wonderful woodland wedding!

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

Woohoo! Congratulations! I bet it was magical

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us