Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Anna Frozen Fringe/Bangs

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Anna Frozen Fringe/Bangs

Does any actual human being have the teeny tiny cute bangs that Anna

Spoiler
and Elsa (pre-magic braid) have in Frozen? I'm kind of missing having bangs, but I don't want the ones I used to have (when basically half my hair IS my fringe, here's a picture for the curious folk 
Spoiler
 also, inexplicably I can't make my link fit into a word like I used to, and so you'll have to deal with this line of nonsense).

Is this likely to be possible or flattering on a non-cartoon person? I've tried, like, bobby pinning my hair into kind the length I'm thinking of but it won't cooperate and it doesn't look like a fringe at all.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It would depend how thick your hair is if it would look like a proper fringe or just some wispy hair. If I did that with the front of my hair it would mostly stick straight up cos my hairline tends to always look like it is just growing and never reaches any decent length.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The thickness is kind of why I used to have so much hair in my old bangs. Everything in front of my ears used to go into that side fringe (but then, my preferred length back then was a bit longer than my ears, so it didn't look like I'd cut half my hair into it) but various bobby pin experiments (I'm currently just pinning some to the side in roughly the shape I want it) lead to me believe that it wouldn't be too thin with a smaller amount of hair. I don't know. I kind of might just do it tomorrow when I have some decent light, and if it looks stupid I can cut a longer fringe with more hair and blend it in a bit. It wouldn't look bad the way I used to do it, but taking so much hair out for a fringe means teeny tiny ponytails and these strange 'stealth buns' as my sister calls them. My buns are so itty bitty that it looks like I have almost no hair until someone catches me brushing it out and then I get all these comments about how long it is (bra strap length. Is that long? Or just long for someone who met most of the people in her life whilst sporting an ear length bob and an undercut?).

Update: So, I have teeny bangs. I cut them longer than I was going to (because I am a tiny bit sensible) and decided that I actually like it like this. It's not so much Anna bangs as it is early Charmed era Holly Marie Combs

Spoiler
but I like it. A lot. Literally, I was trimming and I tossed some hair into the bin then caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror unexpectedly (because the human brain can be surprised by a mirror it knows is there...) and was just 'wow, that's where my eye magic went'. I'm not even wearing much makeup and my face looks so good.

If I EVER post and say that I'm growing out my fringe, someone stop me!

-- Edited by Angels+Eyeliner on Sunday 7th of June 2015 09:27:27 PM

-- Edited by Angels+Eyeliner on Sunday 7th of June 2015 09:29:38 PM

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us