Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Hello!

Regular Crew

Date:
Hello!

Hi,

I'm Sunday!

I've been visiting mookychick since I was a teenager but I've always been too reticent to post on the forum. Thought I would make my first post introducing myself here because I fancy getting to know a community of rad new people.

I'm an Irish literature student trying to figure out just exactly what tributary of what path to go down. I love words and what they do, I love their music and their rabbit-holes of meaning, I love their beauty and thorniness. My literary idols are Oscar Wilde, Angela Carter, Dylan Thomas. I once cried on the top deck of a bus reading Under Milk Wood because I was having some kind of synesthetic totally WACK experience- or perhaps more likely, because I was on my period.
I also love folklore, reading trashy magazines,make-up, vintage jewellery (looking at, not owning!), art nouveau, nature, hanging around museums, 1970s folk and country music, issues of National Geographic from the 50s', films, magical-realist good stuff, and fantasising about bee keeping.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hi Sunday. You sound awesome. Welcome to the forum.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Welcome to the forum Sunday! I have the feeling you will feel at home in Mookyland.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Hi, Sunday. Lovely to meet you.

Reading your 'hello' reminded me I do want to read a bit more poetry and if any mooks want to go on a bit of a poetry explore in some way I'd be happy to join in. Maybe we've got a poetry appreciation thread we can resurrect?

I'm sure you'll have a lovely time, Sunday m'dear!

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Welcome to Mooky,Sunday! A late hello is better than never! :) You can never get enough hanging around museums done ; knowledge is power,after all!

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us