Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Hey. ~

Regular Crew

Date:
Hey. ~

I've known of this board for a while now, been meaning to join up but I kinda just thought myself out of doing so.- I've always been kinda intimidated by other girls, I have no idea why it's probably social anxiety related, most of my friends are actually metalhead guys, gets kinda daunting after so many years. I had a really close female friend once called Lizzy but she moved to Sweden with her girlfriend. But apart from Lizzy I grew up with a girl called Emma during my childhood and we kinda grew apart in Highschool, so yeah, haven't really had too many female friends before, I just don't want any shit or drama, I'm aware that not all girls cause shit but I've had my fair share of a messed up life due to other women so I'm sorta thinking that plays a part in being intimidated.

I find it very hard to socialize with other females, I just don't share that many interests, I'm kinda boyish in a girly nerd way I guess. I listen to black metal and doom metal, my favourite band is Bathory, listening to Katatonia atm, I like other music but mainly metal.

I used to moderate the download festival forums, I've been on the net since I was like 9 years old, I'm 24 now. Mainly played MMO's and led a huge number of massive guilds, and yeah gone through a series of fucked up relationships where I've been emotionally abused and manipulated a lot in the process, so that's always took up my time.

I kinda just joined up here to give it a go, see if I get anywhere in trying to make friends with other girls.

Most of my life was in foster care where I had a pretty good upbringing until I was around 11 when my step dad passed away due to heart attack then my step mum(the witch) kept me for benefits money, caused me a lot of harm and I had to put up with her sociopath shit for years until I got my shit and moved out to an ex boyfriends when I was 15. Moved town, ran away basically.

I'm pretty down to earth, got a lot of life experience, grew up before I learned how to be young. Worked various jobs, worked in the police as a designer. I look after my birth mum as a carer now cause she had a car accident, (recently got back in contact with her about a year and a bit ago after I lost her) someone tried to murder her in a range rover and she has brain damage now so I usually make sure she's ok, get my nan to take over when I want a break and go chill at my boyfriends house and drink whiskey/beer, chill out or go to gigs or have random drunk gaming sessions at friends houses. I never seem to get along with my boyfriends friends girlfriends though, just never really take to them. *shrug*

If anyone can offer me advice or anything it'd be appreciated.

Anyway that's me, easygoing person to talk to and I am usually always brutally honest. I don't sugarcoat shit and tell it how it is.

Sorry if that was really negative, feels good to rant a bit though and type it out now and then.

See you around the forums I guess, nice to meet you all.

-- Edited by Lunella on Saturday 17th of January 2015 10:34:03 AM

fdggd_zpsf66801aa.png

Tumblr | Youtube

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hey! It sounds like you've had a rough ride in the past, I hope you're doing well now and you're happier. Anyway, welcome to Mooky! Enjoy your stay. :)

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Hi Lunella, it sounds like you've had it pretty rough, so hopefully this forum can be a safe space for you to relax and take a load off your feet...

It sounds like you've taken on absolutely loads of responsibilities - maybe it's not my place to congratulate you, but seriously, well done. And thank you for sharing some of your life with us here. Yay for drunk gaming sessions! MMOs, board games or tabletop? Not that it matters, they're all great fun. Just curious!

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

Metal, whiskey and beer? I'm sure that we can find something to talk about :) I actually just stumbled across and did a re-listen of the Bathory albums I have on my computer. It's not my favourite band, I tend to favour second wave black metal over first wave, but I like it. Over the years I've drifted more towards folk metal, but it's good to give things a re-listen now and then. And I always put on Emperor when winter comes.

But enough of me, Welcome!

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hi Lunella, welcome to Mooky!

I work with kids and many of them grew up before they had a chance to learn how to be young. It gives me hope when I meet people like you who got a rough start in life but were able to turn things around.

I hope you will like the forum! We're a great bunch! :)

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Regular Crew

Date:

Indiana_Jones wrote:

Hey! It sounds like you've had a rough ride in the past, I hope you're doing well now and you're happier. Anyway, welcome to Mooky! Enjoy your stay. :)

Yeah much happier these days, thanks for your kind words and welcome. Nice to meet you. :)

Magda Mookychick wrote:

Hi Lunella, it sounds like you've had it pretty rough, so hopefully this forum can be a safe space for you to relax and take a load off your feet...

It sounds like you've taken on absolutely loads of responsibilities - maybe it's not my place to congratulate you, but seriously, well done. And thank you for sharing some of your life with us here. Yay for drunk gaming sessions! MMOs, board games or tabletop? Not that it matters, they're all great fun. Just curious!

Yeah it's not been great but honestly if I could change things I wouldn't, because all that crap that happened has made me who I am today, if it didn't happen I wouldn't be as emotionally strong as I am or as smart / street smart, probably wouldn't of even met the people I know now so, to me it was worth the struggle 'cause I'm pretty happy with who I am. Perhaps not the few social problems I have but eh no ones perfect. :p

It would be nice to get to know some people and come to chill on here yeah, these forums seem nice and looks as though no trolls thankfully.

I mainly play the crap out of stuff like GW2, Aion, Tera. I can never be bothered with much else aside from MMO gaming with friends or going to friends houses and being a dirty console peasant, haha ;p

Gonna play WoW again I think, I miss running a big guild there.I stopped playing GW2 after having like everything... trying to sell a rare weapon from there now for 100 but after that it's off to the land of Azeroth. \o/ I do log Aion to be social and go around taking gif pics of things because that game is aesthetically stunning. As an example:

aionkiyy_zpsdat8rl2d.gif

I find a lot of interest in just looking at scenery and character textures in games, cause usually these days everything is a painted texture from an artist, I did games design and animation in college so I learned to appreciate all that stuff a bit more there. *shrug*

Thank you for the welcome though and nice to meet you.

Irilar wrote:

Metal, whiskey and beer? I'm sure that we can find something to talk about :) I actually just stumbled across and did a re-listen of the Bathory albums I have on my computer. It's not my favourite band, I tend to favour second wave black metal over first wave, but I like it. Over the years I've drifted more towards folk metal, but it's good to give things a re-listen now and then. And I always put on Emperor when winter comes.

But enough of me, Welcome!

cd366762579cc70de7df320250824ce520d5f92495ac3c57d6cde0778aa9f452.jpg

Oh I love me some Bathory. I dunno, I've always liked old metal more than the new stuff, just has some certain vibe to it that I like. Have you SEEN the Metal Days line up? http://metaldays.net/Line_up *hnnng* I am so bloody tempted. It's in Slovenia too so it's cheap as chips for beer and cigs. My boyfriend went a few times (back when it was called Metal Camp) he said they were playing in the woods there just messing about next to the camp site, some guy who was a local walking his dog was like "DUDE STOP, STOP GO BACK!" He basically went on to say in broken English that there's a ton of unexploded mines from world war 2 there and you gotta know where they are to come in those woods. Pretty mental that it's right next to a festival though, I hope those drunk metalheads know to stay away. Random story, I do this a lot lol.

Folk Metal is cool, give me Eluveitie or similar and I'm a happy lass. Korpiklaani will always be king in the drinking music, just because their songs are classic really, lol.

I will shut up rambling now, I could go on and on about metal and such for ages, nice to meet you and thanks for the welcome. :p

Wyno wrote:

Hi Lunella, welcome to Mooky!

I work with kids and many of them grew up before they had a chance to learn how to be young. It gives me hope when I meet people like you who got a rough start in life but were able to turn things around.

I hope you will like the forum! We're a great bunch! :)

I've worked in a pru for a bit, about 6 months but with kids who were basically too naughty to attend normal school so they came to us, really hard work tbh I can respect anyone who does those kind of jobs cause I know how much effort goes into it, sometimes it's absolutely heart breaking too. But yeah they can turn their lives around, you just have to get on their level and encourage it, I was moved in high school to a new government scheme in the last couple years doing media, if it wasn't for my 2 tutors helping me and putting ideas in my head about sorting my future out I would not of even gone to college, but most importantly they weren't seen as an authoritive figure more so as an adult friend, it was way easier to talk then and for them to get to know me because they were on my level and it was cool too cause they were into metal and stuff so I could relate easily.

I think for kids with troubled pasts and things, they are way more vulnerable to threats like drugs and pedophiles, I've come into such close contact as a kid to all the nasty things and swiftly just about avoided them and I'm lucky really cause manipulation is a massive threat to troubled kids because they don't think clearly or logically at all, they just think someones helping them out and they just do what they think is good or best even when it's not.

But yeah I hope your kids aren't as bad as the ones we worked with, we had a few gypsy kids in at one point, they only were both from 2 familys that were at war with each other and one of the kids brought a bloody samurai sword to school. Absolutely chaotic and scary work, so all the best with that, and thanks for the welcome and kind words. :)

-- Edited by Lunella on Tuesday 20th of January 2015 05:52:59 AM

fdggd_zpsf66801aa.png

Tumblr | Youtube

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us