Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: HAIRTRENDS 2014

Regular Crew

Date:
HAIRTRENDS 2014

Clearly, this season is all about simple details, natural-looking beauty, moderness & realness.

Your hair type, length, face shape and personal preference should be the main elements you take into consideration when deciding to make a change. 

1. Low Pony Tail - Back And Better Than Ever
  2. Mermaid Waves - Meant To Get You Gorgeous
  3. Long & Straight - An Old Faithful
  4. Bobs - Make A Statement 
  5. Accessorize - An Air Of Romance 
  6. Braidy Bunch 

What's the gorgeous hairstyle you choose for this season? 

Signed with love, 

Shanti Banks 

My beauty blog 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I don't tend to follow hair trends, especially with my own hair. Currently sporting a bleached blonde pixie crop with a short side fringe. Low pony tail was my "I haven't actually got time to do anything" hair do when I had long hair, I hate it with a passion. Couldn't really wear it long and straight cos it just ends up full of knots.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Shanti, whilst we appreciate the interest, we've got lots of existing hair threads where you can talk about this. Most mooks are going to give an answer along the lines of 'dye it fabulous then leave it alone'. And I will be perfectly honest, that list makes very little sense outside of a website where people want to keep up with trends. I don't know what 'braidy bunch' would even be.

If you think of something you want to ask us, have a quick scout in the search bar or the relevant board for existing threads and add to conversation there, because most of us won't post the same answer on multiple threads.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Regular Crew

Date:

I actually wrote an article about these hair trends, you can read it here www.mybeauty-blog.com/2014/07/summer-hair-trends-2014.html
My dear, the list I put in makes lots of sense to me and the reason why I submitted a new topic is because I noticed there wasn't one covering all general aspects..:)
As for the 'braidy bunch', I hope other ladies will understand - braidy comes from braid and I hope you know what that means, and as for bunch, I also hope you know what that means..:) If you don't, I can always offer you a more concrete definition :p

Signed with love, 

Shanti Banks 

My beauty blog 

Regular Crew

Date:

i love short fringes :D I used to have one for like 8 years until I decided to just let my hair grow long. 

Not sure whether I should go for the bob haircut. I guess I would need so much courage.. 

Signed with love, 

Shanti Banks 

My beauty blog 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Or you could just explain what it is cos not everyone on here has english as their first language amd even if they do various places use different colloquial terms so what one person defines as one thing may be entirely different to someone else...we had a whole thread about rolls, cobs, baps etc.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Shanti, just a piece of advice. Magda Mookychick has already asked you on the travel forum not to post links to your own blog on threads. I hate for you to get your account banned because of repeat offences! The terms you used might make a lot of sense to you, but for people who don't necessarily have the same knowledge of the English language or have a lot of hair knowhow, maybe better explanations would help?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

How convenient that you want to start a thread that you've already written an article about, using the exact same terminology as you do on your blog. It makes it so much easier to crowbar it into conversation on a forum that doesn't focus on these interests and then to jump down the throat of people who point this out.

Yawn.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Shanti Banks wrote:

I actually wrote an article about these hair trends, you can read it here www.mybeauty-blog.com/2014/07/summer-hair-trends-2014.html
My dear, the list I put in makes lots of sense to me and the reason why I submitted a new topic is because I noticed there wasn't one covering all general aspects..:)
As for the 'braidy bunch', I hope other ladies will understand - braidy comes from braid and I hope you know what that means, and as for bunch, I also hope you know what that means..:) If you don't, I can always offer you a more concrete definition :p

Alright, I have a pretty low tolerance rate for people assuming I am stupid. I know what a 'braid' is and I get the pun... but what a 'braidy bunch' looks like in terms of hair styles, I wouldn't begin to understand. Medusa in the 90s? The hair from 'Mouse Trap'? It could mean anything. Also, regional and country language differences mean that, in fact, braid isn't the universal term you seem to expect. I've never worn my hair in braids, always plaits.

Please do not try and just use the forum to get more views on your blog: especially if your posts are on topics we're not really interested in. If you'd like a flavour of what we want to see, maybe check out the main site and read the articles that have been written for us, then wonder why if we have our own articles to promote and enjoy why we should give free advertising to you.

You're welcome here as a regular community member and, of course, when members of our community have something to share we are more likely to read but we don't know you from Adam and you've waltzed in with your fashion-centric terminology speaking to people like this and trying to get us onto your blog without actually giving us anything to draw us in.

I hope no one thinks I'm being unduly harsh here, because I'd love Shanti to join in and post about her passions. I could just do without then being directed to the blog for further education.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I had a glance at the blog, it is badly written and full of jargon.

Regular Crew

Date:

Spikeyfaerie wrote:

Or you could just explain what it is cos not everyone on here has english as their first language amd even if they do various places use different colloquial terms so what one person defines as one thing may be entirely different to someone else...we had a whole thread about rolls, cobs, baps etc.

Ok, you are perfectly correct. my bad here :) 

My English isn't perfect either, but I guess that for one second since I knew the word, I forgot that it might not be familiar to everyone. 
No harm meant..:) 

Signed with love, 

Shanti Banks 

My beauty blog 

Regular Crew

Date:

Ivy Cyanide wrote:

Shanti, just a piece of advice. Magda Mookychick has already asked you on the travel forum not to post links to your own blog on threads. I hate for you to get your account banned because of repeat offences! The terms you used might make a lot of sense to you, but for people who don't necessarily have the same knowledge of the English language or have a lot of hair knowhow, maybe better explanations would help?

The truth is, I had no idea what I am allowed to do and what I am not..:) I just came here and tried to feel like home. I still do actually :D 

But maybe I rushed a little bit because I was very excited about being here..:) 

Signed with love, 

Shanti Banks 

My beauty blog 

Regular Crew

Date:

little charlie wrote:

How convenient that you want to start a thread that you've already written an article about, using the exact same terminology as you do on your blog. It makes it so much easier to crowbar it into conversation on a forum that doesn't focus on these interests and then to jump down the throat of people who point this out.

Yawn.

Yes, very convenient for me, if I may insist on. 

What I shouldn't do indeed is link to the article on my blog, fact that I was not aware of since it is the first time I land on such a nice forum. 

It is my choice to post a new thread using the same start up words I used for my article because it just happens I love how I write some things..:))) 

No offence..:) 

Signed with love, 

Shanti Banks 

My beauty blog 

Regular Crew

Date:

Angels+Eyeliner wrote:
Shanti Banks wrote:

Alright, I have a pretty low tolerance rate for people assuming I am stupid. I know what a 'braid' is and I get the pun... but what a 'braidy bunch' looks like in terms of hair styles, I wouldn't begin to understand. Medusa in the 90s? The hair from 'Mouse Trap'? It could mean anything. Also, regional and country language differences mean that, in fact, braid isn't the universal term you seem to expect. I've never worn my hair in braids, always plaits.

Please do not try and just use the forum to get more views on your blog: especially if your posts are on topics we're not really interested in. If you'd like a flavour of what we want to see, maybe check out the main site and read the articles that have been written for us, then wonder why if we have our own articles to promote and enjoy why we should give free advertising to you.

You're welcome here as a regular community member and, of course, when members of our community have something to share we are more likely to read but we don't know you from Adam and you've waltzed in with your fashion-centric terminology speaking to people like this and trying to get us onto your blog without actually giving us anything to draw us in.

I hope no one thinks I'm being unduly harsh here, because I'd love Shanti to join in and post about her passions. I could just do without then being directed to the blog for further education.

I would never want to you to feel the things you mentioned. As I've mentioned in my previous posts, I am a newbie on this website which I happen to like. 

Wasn't aware of all the terms and conditions and I guess I got caught in the excitement while lecturing through your older posts.  
I'm here to see what this is all about, to see how I fit in and who can I be friends with. 
The blog happens to be a part of me for a couple of months now and when I found myself through so many women, I felt like sharing everything with everybody..:) 

Signed with love, 

Shanti Banks 

My beauty blog 

Regular Crew

Date:

Spikeyfaerie wrote:

I had a glance at the blog, it is badly written and full of jargon.

My beloved, 

If I linked towards some of my articles - which I did not knowing I am not allowed to do so and under too much excitement, like I previously said - I would intend to send out some love and ideas, some peace of mind, some information.  

Maybe you should make some quotations, in order for us to make the corrections together, what do you think? 

Please point on the specified "full of jargon"..:)))) I'm really smiling 

And as for the "badly written" part, I am smiling again..:) Please point on what you define as "badly written". 

Signed with love, 

Shanti Banks 

My beauty blog 

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

forum.mookychick.co.uk/t36045869/so-you-joined-mookychick/

Give this thread a glance over, Shanti. It's got the basic sort of 'rules' we have here. There's not many. A few that seem like they're just being annoying are actually really important to some members. We ask that you post in proper English, as generally as you can, and you don't use jargon and field-specific words because some of our members don't have English as a first language, or may have Dyslexia and struggle with unfamiliar words. Obviously, we're not going to expect you to check if each and every word you post is widely used across the whole English-speaking world BUT if there is a word that might be unfamiliar and someone doesn't understand it, please don't pull that condescending 'I hope you know what it means' stuff again. I am a human being, not a dictionary.

Secondly, we have rules about 'selling' us things. Now, I'm sure that your blog does not require any financial exchange to enjoy but it is still asking us to give up our time to read something, and frankly contributing to your page views are probably helping your advertising rates and may at some point lead to you getting a cut of the profits from advertising on your site. We're going to need to be told 'hey guys, I have this blog post about [x subject] that I think you'll be interested in' and then to decide for ourselves that we want to read. If we're not interested, we won't read. I think your posts on hair might, for the large part, have fallen on deaf ears (blind eyes?) on this forum. We do not want to feel like you're manipulating conversation to force us onto the blog just to understand what you're talking about.

Thirdly, you have the ability to quote multiple people in a single post by going back and editing a post (and using the copy and paste feature). This means you're not posting five or so things in a row which can get annoying to some of us as it makes it harder for people to get back into a conversation entirely held by one person. It also just makes the forum look tidier, which we like.

Being a newbie on this thread unfortunately isn't a free pass to irritate everyone until we hammer home what you can't do. The above-mentioned thread is easy to find and we like new posters to read it (and for older members to re-read it just so we don't forget either). If you'd like to join in our community, perhaps you'd like to interact with some existing threads so we can get to know you without constant mentions of the blog.

Regular Crew

Date:

Angels+Eyeliner wrote:

forum.mookychick.co.uk/t36045869/so-you-joined-mookychick/

Give this thread a glance over, Shanti. It's got the basic sort of 'rules' we have here. There's not many. A few that seem like they're just being annoying are actually really important to some members. We ask that you post in proper English, as generally as you can, and you don't use jargon and field-specific words because some of our members don't have English as a first language, or may have Dyslexia and struggle with unfamiliar words. Obviously, we're not going to expect you to check if each and every word you post is widely used across the whole English-speaking world BUT if there is a word that might be unfamiliar and someone doesn't understand it, please don't pull that condescending 'I hope you know what it means' stuff again. I am a human being, not a dictionary.

Secondly, we have rules about 'selling' us things. Now, I'm sure that your blog does not require any financial exchange to enjoy but it is still asking us to give up our time to read something, and frankly contributing to your page views are probably helping your advertising rates and may at some point lead to you getting a cut of the profits from advertising on your site. We're going to need to be told 'hey guys, I have this blog post about [x subject] that I think you'll be interested in' and then to decide for ourselves that we want to read. If we're not interested, we won't read. I think your posts on hair might, for the large part, have fallen on deaf ears (blind eyes?) on this forum. We do not want to feel like you're manipulating conversation to force us onto the blog just to understand what you're talking about.

Thirdly, you have the ability to quote multiple people in a single post by going back and editing a post (and using the copy and paste feature). This means you're not posting five or so things in a row which can get annoying to some of us as it makes it harder for people to get back into a conversation entirely held by one person. It also just makes the forum look tidier, which we like.

Being a newbie on this thread unfortunately isn't a free pass to irritate everyone until we hammer home what you can't do. The above-mentioned thread is easy to find and we like new posters to read it (and for older members to re-read it just so we don't forget either). If you'd like to join in our community, perhaps you'd like to interact with some existing threads so we can get to know you without constant mentions of the blog.

The only thing important for me to mention right now is that my blog is free by all means :) I have no advertising commission, no nothing actually and I don't think I'll ever have the time or interest for such a thing. If you really took a glance at it, you would notice my first post was back in June.

I love writing. Always did. Used to write poems back when I was a little kid. And right now, I just feel like talking to the world. Other than that, in my daytime life, I'm a 26 years old young woman working all day long, like most of you do :) 

The only reason I was misunderstood is because I jumped in here "wildly promoting" stuff that I wrote about. Which was kind of silly indeed. 

As for the quoting multiple thingy, I will try to use it too. 

Thanks for the helping thread :D 

-- Edited by Shanti Banks on Friday 12th of September 2014 05:51:03 PM

Signed with love, 

Shanti Banks 

My beauty blog 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Right Shanti, glad we've (hopefully) got that sorted. Perhaps now you'd like to move away from this thread and try contributing to other threads (without self-promoting, of course) so we can get to know you?

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us