Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Mookychick Domestic Sluts United

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Mookychick Domestic Sluts United

We had an incident a few weeks after one of our fridge freezers broke and was replaced that was pretty vile. Because the accommodation department decided to swap the two fridge freezers for a large fridge and large freezer, decided to do it at eight in the morning and did it on a day when half the girls slept elsewhere, the girls that were there to clear out the food flung everything out of the old appliances onto the work surfaces trying to roughly keep each girls' stuff approximately together. They then put the grouped food items onto shelves on the fridge. Anything that didn't have an obvious owner went into a shelf on the door until it could be claimed.

It was several weeks before someone decided that a bottle of milk wasn't going to be claimed, and she attempted to tip it down the sink instead of just throwing the whole thing into the skip outside. And when I moved out there was still an unidentified jar of 'something'. Every time Onesie or I tried to bin it, someone would protest that it was such and such a persons. That person would look confused and think it was someone else's, and in the end we just left it. I PRESUME Indie threw it out when she was the left (she was the last to move out). Otherwise, next year's occupants (including Temper and R, who lived there this year) will have an interesting surprise in their fridge.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Jobs I always forget you have to do when you're an adult, part 73476: emptying the toaster. It's been setting off the smoke alarm every single day for about a fortnight, much to my embarrassment (what do the neighbours think? Do they think I systematically fail to make toast every single day?). I think I removed pretty much the equivalent of an entire loaf of bread from it just now. Shame most of it went on the floor.

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^I didn't even realise that toasters needed emptying until Theology reminded me to do it. Living without her really shows how incompetent I am...

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Honoured Mook

Date:

Hold up, toasters need emptying? HOW OFTEN? have my parents been keeping this secret from me?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^I also did not know this...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

How do you even go about emptying a toaster?

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Honoured Mook

Date:

There's a little tray, usually at the bottom underneath the pull-down tab. It slides right out for easy emptying. S'truth.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Only on some toasters. Some you just tip upside down and shake. And if you have one of those, make DAMN sure you don't suggest someone cleans it out without first checking they know to unplug it first! Although this was the girl who would get hard-to-reach crumpets out of the toaster by jamming a fork into them, also without unplugging it first. How she never once hurt herself is totally beyond me. She probably realised it was easier to use the grill...

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

This particular toaster was so full that I had to go for a combi-method of removing the trays and tipping it out over the bin, causing a mass exodus of breadcrumbs mostly all over the kitchen floor...

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Mine has no tray. We have to turn it upside down. We don't do it nearly enough...

Another joyful domestic task: pulling hair and gunge out of the plughole. Urghhhhhhhh.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Ugh removing things from the plug hole is revolting. I always get a huge wad of tissue and grab the gross stuff and pull. Of course the tissue gets wet and falls apart a bit but...it's still better than touching it with your hand!

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

...oops double post...

-- Edited by charmer on Saturday 24th of August 2013 08:05:08 PM

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

We've got some oddly bent bits of wire we use (I think they're leftovers from Christmas, to hang baubles on branches that are too thick for the original loops).

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

A while ago I left a cup of tea lying around in my bedroom for ages and it started to get mould floating around in the top, it was foul.
Also I rarely change my sheets and I wear lots of glitter fairly regularly so I always have little specks of glitter on me. The other day I got up and showered and I stayed at Glitterphobe's house and when I spent the night in my own bed It was even more exciting to find glitter on me because I had a day of not getting bed glitter. It's not really gross, just quite exciting.

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

gonna do a big clean of my bedroom today as its proper rank not changed my sheets since i got my new tattoo!

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

On Monday as soon as I get in I have to clean my entire house so that I can pretend to Socio and Theology that I haven't been living in filth all summer...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

We were both really tired from getting up early to go to work, so I offered to make us coffee with out espresso maker thingy. Turns out Fable hadn't cleaned it from when we last used it, which was forever ago, so I swilled water round it quickly because they had to leave soon. Made the coffee, and Fable found what I can only describe as a soft black disc in theirs. Fuck knows what it is. I don't think I want to know.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

My little brother is the worst when it comes to domestic godliness. His room is a haven for used tissues (they are everywhere, even though he doesn't have a cold. I try not to think too hard about that one...), orange peel, sweet wrappers, and half drunk cups of tea that have gone moldy.

I rarely change my bed sheets as I have a high bed which makes changing the sheets is a real drama, and I often have used plasters littered around my room (not that they are covered in blood and gore).

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I keep thinking I should share something in this thread, but I make booze out of things I forage and food out of things that are considered weeds. Clearly this gives so many domestic godliness points that I don't really need to clean, right?

Btw, it's not really necessary to empty the toaster. It will eventually catch fire and thus clean itself.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I hardly ever clean my bed sheets because when I take them off I'm just too lazy to put them back on. I'm awful...

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

This morning Mike discovered that the teabags and inch or so of tea at the bottom of the teapot had gone really mouldy. Neither of us can remember when we last used the teapot.

Lush Guru

Date:

I definitely posted in this thread about coffee/tea mould this morning. I dunno where it's gone...

Either way, we let the coffee machine and the tea pot go mouldy far, far too often.

Mookface (mod)

Date:

I do no housework, other than occasionally hanging up/folding washing. Fry is unemployed at the mo, so he is the housewife for now. I fucking hate housework and he likes being domestic, so this works well.

Lush Guru

Date:

^^Same for us really, The Captain works considerably fewer hours than I, and Charlie even fewer than him so it's the boys doing all the housework at the moment. I still do all the cooking though, and all the paying for stuff apparently...

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

Now that the other girls are back in the house, our bathroom is once more worthy of the tagline "whose pube is this?"

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Whose pube is this is the BEST GAME.

Lush Guru

Date:

Ewww...I don't want to play that game.

Regular Crew

Date:

My mum always said I'd be the clumsiest and lazyest housewife ever! turns out I am not that bad, bad I have seen HORRIBLE things and contributed to their existence, by doing nothing to avoid them. I shared a house with 4 girls...and a cat. Our bathroom had so much hair on it, I thought we could never get rid of it! Rotten food, Ashtrays EVERYWHERE and a lot of of smoke in the air.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Whose pube is not a fun game if you're in en suite accommodation and your door was locked over reading week. This isn't my flat, it was Tudor's (uh, of course...). A day or so after we discovered a random (blonde) girl had let herself in and was sleeping in their corridor, T-Rex (black hair), Scottie (black hair) and M (brown hair, his girlfriend also had brown hair) all reported random blonde hairs (from all parts of the body, one may assume) in their bathrooms. That was one of only two times I've seen them all rush to clean things up properly (even going to buy bleach).

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

my hoover hasn't worked for 4 weeks... in a house with 3 cats and 2 dogs and a man that seems to shed crumbs, this has been pretty hard to deal with.

(we could play 'who's pube'... but it would take a whole team of dedicated csi's to go through the vast library of hair samples currently adorning every flat surface in the house)

yesterday, though, i managed to pick up a miele cat and dog hoover for a fiver... A FIVER!!!

http://www.miele.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners/S6220-Cat--Dog-110/

hoovering has never felt so sweet.

'there's always light at the end of the tunnel, just sometimes it's a train'

«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us