Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Xbox Marketplace Confusion

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
Xbox Marketplace Confusion

Hello!

So this was originally a post about a game but then I discovered my problem kind of went a bit beyond that so I'm rewriting.

Righto so,

I download the expansion pack for 'Dragon's Dogma' called 'Dark Arisen' from the Xbox Marketplace. I had no idea where it was so I searched for it in the 'games' tag again, like I did when I first looked for it. When I found it, it had the 'play' option rather than 'purchase'. I thought 'hurrah! this should work!' but alas, when I do press 'play' it's just my regular base game with none of the features it should have or any mention of the quest/the DLC/etc, and for some reason it's not in my download history.

So basically, it won't let me buy it, because apparently I have it, but it isn't in my downloads, so I can't redownload it.

Halp?

-- Edited by Eccentrica Gallumbits on Wednesday 10th of July 2013 08:16:03 PM

This signature is definitely not a horcrux.

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Could it be that the expansion pack is somehow included in the original DD game you bought, if you also bought it from Xbox marketplace?

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Hello!

It definitely wasn't included because I think the expansion pack came out after I bought the original game. I've been advised to put all my content on an external Hard drive and then try to see if it lets me download it again. It all seems very complicated O_O

This signature is definitely not a horcrux.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Find the menu/ area on your xbox where all your content is stored, either this will be the internal memory unit or a hard drive. Usually you'll find it in settings. You'll come across different things saved in there from gamer profiles, installed games, game saves AND extra content. If it's not in that list, then something went wrong somewhere. You should be able to download it again, but if it won't let you then yeah, an external hard drive or a flash drive is the way to go to back up your content, then re-download onto your now-blank system.

Is there a way to access the expansion through the game menu itself? I know the DLC for the Dishonored game is like this- you don't play it from the menu on your xbox, rather you boot the game first then load it from the in-game menu. Could be the same for Dragons Dogma.

-- Edited by MeowMeowMeow on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 05:08:03 PM

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us