Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: How to make hair dye fade?!

Honoured Mook

Date:
How to make hair dye fade?!

My mum helped my dye my hair today to a shade called "deep violet". It's a nice colour, and it would be great if it were all over my hair, but she must have done something wrong because it's horribly patchy and it's fucking AWFUL. Bits of it are the proper shade, and bits of it are still my natural hair colour, a medium browny colour.

I want to cry it's that bad. My mum keeps going "oh it's not that bad, just a bit patchy, it looks like highlights really," NO. NO IT BLOODY DOES NOT. How is having a square brown patch where my roots are violet and the ends of my hair are violet but nothing else is on the back of my head "highlights"?! 

How can I make it fade before then? I'm going to get to a proper hairdresser at some point this week, do you think they'll be able to do anything with it? I just want my natural colour back, would they be able to get it back from the purple or is it too dark? 

This was a fucking terrible idea.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Shampoo the ever-living fuck out of it.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Was it permanent or semi? What brand? If it is live xxl i can only wush you luck cos that stuff is a nightmare to get out even with professional colour strippers.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Ya poor thing! Maybe try going over it all with a dark brown shade?

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Honoured Mook

Date:

It was Clairol's nice n easy "extreme n easy". Permanent unfortunately, which I've now learned my lesson about. Would the hairdresser be able to fix it with a colour stripper, do you think?

Just been in the shower and shampooed it about 3 times in hot water, until the water was running clearer than before. It looks like it's faded a little but not enough for my liking.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I can't say for definite but they should be able to even out the colour. Colour correction is never a guarantee to get the colour you want in one go so it might take a couple of appointments.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Swimming pool (although you may get banned)-- I hear chlorinated water strips colour from a dye job pretty badly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Pretty much go to a hairdresser and see if they can even the colour out like Spikey said, get them to strip all the colour and redye it (this will kill your hair, probably), or it's time to dye your hair black, I'm afraid.

-- Edited by Redshoes on Monday 29th of April 2013 09:57:40 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Chlorine will turn it green. Just go to the hairdresser.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Eek! Sorry. I knew there was a reason NOT to go into the pool... just thought it stripped it!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I don't have any advice but I hope that your hair colour evens out soon my darling!

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Honoured Mook

Date:

My hair was in excellent condition before I dyed it so I'll go and see what the hairdresser can do. Shampooed it more today and its faded a bit so it doesn't look so bad, but if I can get it back to my natural colour or even a darker brown I'll be happy.

I swear I'll never use a home dye again.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Head and Shoulders might help, dyed hair hates it!

Facebook

and a Tumblr

Baby Mook

Date:

Try using very cleansing shampoo with sodium chloride (salt). It rinses colour out of hair, maybe it'll help

Honoured Mook

Date:

Depending on the brand Dawn dish soap really works.
Just condition it LOADS afterwards.

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Vosene anti dandruff shampoo - smells like engine oil & is an awful colour but I've found it works faster than Head & Shoulders, especially if you use it with as hot as you can handle water. Fairy liquid is pretty good as a cleansing shampoo provided you condition well afterwards.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Regular Crew

Date:

You could try vitamin c powder.  I did it a few weeks ago and it worked pretty well for me.  It dryed out my hair a little bit, but it wasn't too bad.  

Mix 2,500mg of vitamin C powder (I crushed up tablets) into some anti-dandruff shampoo and leave it on damp hair for a few hours.  I did it twice.

After the snowmelt and after the rain,

Out of the ground a hand came

And drew me a picture

And wrote me a poem

And touched my face gently

And pointed me home.

- Shel Silverstein

tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Please just go to the hairdresser if you're considering doing anything major like bleaching it.

I bleached my hair over a year ago in my bathroom sink and am still paying for it.

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us