Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Newcastle upon Tyne

Honoured Mook

Date:
Newcastle upon Tyne

Hey :) 

I just heard I'll be doing an internship in Newcastle next semester (January-April), and I'm trying to find some cool info about the place. Google can only tell me so much, and I'm sure you mooks know way cooler places for me to go to! Mainly looking for queer places, alternative hangouts, veggie/vegan restaurants. 

Let me know! x

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Never been to Newcastle but Happy Cow can show you restaurants. (:

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Newcastle is nice, I really like it. Though I think quite a bit has changed in and around the city centre...last time I went it was raining and we just wandered the main shopping centre. Good for nightlife!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I love that website :D It doesn't always give me all the places though (there's quite a few 'underground' vegan places in my area that don't show up because they tend to change location every few months)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

space wrote:

I love that website :D It doesn't always give me all the places though (there's quite a few 'underground' vegan places in my area that don't show up because they tend to change location every few months)

I'm not cool enough to know about underground vegan restaurants haha... you can add places in yourself btw.

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm from Newcastle. My favorite places are Kathmandu (It closed and reopened and is now called Kathman2 and isn't as good as before, but whatever...), Doc Black, Scorpio (and the Grainger Market in general.) There's a nice cafe under this little Pagan shop...I believe it's called FlatCaps and they have blooming teas and nice sandwiches. Panis is a really nice Italian place too and I've been going there since I was really young haha. Chinatown is interesting and apparently somewhere you can find opium cigarettes...this is only a rumor I've heard. There's a shop on the way back from Chinatown selling Japanese candy which is awesome. Also, there's several vintage shops in this one alleyway I can't remember the name of (I'm awful with streets and haven't been back there in ages...) If you go past one of the vintage shops (the one that also sells shitty resale that isn't even vintage!) and past the record store near it and through a gate that looks like you shouldn't be there, there is a GEM of a vintage shop that is amazing. The man who owns it also looks like Slash from Guns N Roses. The Oxfam by the Haymarket bus station is great too...I've found some really nice things there oddly enough!

Nightlife is good, but you have to be careful as there's a lot of really chavvy areas. I'd generally avoid the Bigg Market. For clubs, I'd reccomend Legends and Perdu is alright. Sam Jacks was a bit of a nightmare as it gets so busy with absolute idiots but if you like getting strapped to a dentists chair and having half naked girls pour vodka down your throat, you should go.

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us