Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: The Spanish Thread

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
The Spanish Thread

Ok, I just slightly touched on this in Happy Box and came up with this idea, I don't know if it's a good idea or not, so I guess I'll see how this plays out. I know I'm not the only Mook learning this language so here we go.

Here is a place where we can talk in Spanish to practice our skills, share online resources to help each other out and ask Spanish language/Spain/Spanish course related questions.

The reason I've made it a Spanish thread and not a general languages thread is because I figure that's too broad, and because I only have 2 languages, English and Spanish. (Although I intend on picking up a third language after my year in Spain)

Here's a couple resources I use:

Wordreference.com (it's basically an online dictionary, really good, I've been using it for most of my learning this language!)

Studyspanish.com (has some vocab, but I mainly use it for help with grammar)

And to get the ball rolling on chatting in Spanish: ¿Qué has hecho hoy?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Eeek, what a great idea! Although I think I'm going to be more of a reader than a contributor here ;) I am so jealous of your stay in Spain!!! Here are some links my best friend who's also my Spanish teacher has sent me recently: 

http://cvc.cervantes.es/aula/pasatiempos/

http://cvc.cervantes.es/aula/lecturas/

http://www.cuadernointercultural.com/materiales/print/

Pues, hoy no he hecho mucho porque me siento muy cansada :(

Pony Frenzy

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I will certainly be checking those out at some point. Thanks!

Yo también, y en España, no hay mucho hacer a los Domingos porque las tiendas/museos/restaurantes/etc estan cerrados. Me aburre mucho. :(

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Es el mismo en Praga. ¿Dónde en España estás? 

Pony Frenzy

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Ah, fantastico! Otros personas que hablan Espanol! No lo he hecho para mucho tiempo; estoy fuera de practica!

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

No hablo español. :(

My language-learning websites are:

duolingo.com - A more individual approach to learning a language. It's a bit flawed, but it's pretty good, and it's free! They have English for Spanish and Portuguese speakers, and Spanish, French and German for English speakers.

busuu.com - A more community-based website, where you submit work to native speakers for review, et cetera. They have English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Arabic, Japanese and Chinese. It's free as well, but there are certain features you have to be a subscriber for.

SharedTalk - Run by the same people as Rosetta Stone, SharedTalk is basically instant messaging with people who speak different languages - the idea is that you speak to native speakers of a language you want to learn who are trying to learn English. It's also free!

I prefer the first one, as I'm not very good at crafted speaking and I tend to make a lot more mistakes when I have to think about what I'm saying, but it depends on how you prefer to talk!

-- Edited by cowl on Sunday 7th of October 2012 04:11:37 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Cave: Estoy en Valladolid, Castilla y León. Esta en el norte de España.

Lady Misery: Qué lastima. :( Pero, ahora puedes practicar aqui. :)

Cowl: ¡Gracias!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Hola! Hoy me levanté a las 5, quería a despertarme más temprano. ); Me quedé tres meses en Madrid en 2009, trabajé como niñera. No puedo escribir los acentos en mi teclado, tengo que copiar y pegarlos, qué molesto que toma tanto tiempo para escribir algo tan corto. D;

-- Edited by orangensaft on Sunday 7th of October 2012 06:08:17 PM

Tumblr

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

cowl wrote:

No hablo español. :(

My language-learning websites are:

duolingo.com - A more individual approach to learning a language. It's a bit flawed, but it's pretty good, and it's free! They have English for Spanish and Portuguese speakers, and Spanish, French and German for English speakers.

busuu.com - A more community-based website, where you submit work to native speakers for review, et cetera. They have English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Arabic, Japanese and Chinese. It's free as well, but there are certain features you have to be a subscriber for.

SharedTalk - Run by the same people as Rosetta Stone, SharedTalk is basically instant messaging with people who speak different languages - the idea is that you speak to native speakers of a language you want to learn who are trying to learn English. It's also free!

I prefer the first one, as I'm not very good at crafted speaking and I tend to make a lot more mistakes when I have to think about what I'm saying, but it depends on how you prefer to talk!

-- Edited by cowl on Sunday 7th of October 2012 04:11:37 PM

Solía usar Livemocha cuando era gratis. Pero creo que actualmente hay que pagar por todos los cursos, salvo los básicos y de idiomas raros.

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That's a good idea, Redshoes! We once had a French thread but it disapeared somewhere into Mooky's space...

I have a really fun book to learn the basic words in Spanish. It's a visual guide so it's easy and entertaining. For example, under the words con gusto, there's drawings of an ice cream cone, a goose and a toe. It may look silly but since I speak French and I'm still struggling a bit with English, I needed something really simple for Spanish.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

orangensaft wrote:

Hola! Hoy me levanté a las 5, quería a despertarme más temprano. ); Me quedé tres meses en Madrid en 2009, trabajé como niñera. No puedo escribir los acentos en mi teclado, tengo que copiar y pegarlos, qué molesto que toma tanto tiempo para escribir algo tan corto. D;

-- Edited by orangensaft on Sunday 7th of October 2012 06:08:17 PM

¿5? Demasiado temprano, ughhh. ¿Qué tal Madrid? Cuando estoy en España, me gustaría visitar Madrid.

Para acentos, pulsar Alt Gr y la letra.

También,

ñ = alt y 164

Ñ = alt y 165

¿ = alt y 168

¡ = alt y 173

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us