Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Weekend Breaks

Honoured Mook

Date:
Weekend Breaks

The manface and I plan to have a nice weekend away somewhere near christmas, since all of our other previous weekend plans have been screwed up.

My question to you mookies is- where would you suggest for a nice weekend away? Ideally it would be somewhere in England, though I could also do Wales or Scotland at a push, though I'd prefer not to. Ireland is probably out, but I could check with him.

Here's hoping these plans don't get waylaid!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

What kind of things are you looking to do? Are you quite active - skiing holiday in the Highlands? Or would you rather do lots of christmas shopping - german market in Edinburgh?

Check out deals on gumtree and kgb for hotels, we got some great rates for our summer holiday. Just check out the hotels on tripadvisor and the like first, a couple of the places we went turned out to be really disappointing.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Sign p to something like Citydeals and go somewhere that they send you a great price for! (That said, there's loads of other ways to have a cheap holiday, but they'll give you some ideas at least)

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

The Lake District is always lovely for a weekend break in a cosy B&B...

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

the jurassic coast, not only is it awesome landscape, you might even find a fossil or two.

http://www.101holidays.co.uk/short-breaks/dorset-jurassic-coast/

plenty of stuff to do if you're the active type, beautiful landscapes if you just want to potter about.

'there's always light at the end of the tunnel, just sometimes it's a train'

Honoured Mook

Date:

thanks for the suggestions! Originally it was going to be the lake district, since the manface had to go up there for work anyway, but now they changed that plan we decided to go somewhere else.

At the minute it looks like Cornwall and seeing the Eden Project is the favourite, I found a nice B&B for 100 for two nights, which I don't think is too bad, considering the premier inn down the road was 96 with no breakfast included. (Went on trip advisor to look at the B&B, glowing reports all round!) Tickets to the Eden Project are also nowhere near as expensive as I anticipated, if you book online and put the date you want to go, it's less than 20.

I almost daren't get my hopes up that this will go ahead, I've wanted to go to the Eden Project for a long time!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

the eden project's really cool, well worth a visit, the food places rinse you a bit though, so take a packed lunch and a flask of hot tea would be my advice.

if you're thinking St. Austel/Mevagissey kinda area then this place is pretty cool (and slightly spooky) too: the lost gardens of heligan.

http://heligan.com/the-story

'there's always light at the end of the tunnel, just sometimes it's a train'

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us