Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Short hair just ain't sexy...

Honoured Mook

Date:
Short hair just ain't sexy...

I like any kind of hair that suits the person wearing it, long or short. However, I do feel I am drawn to short hair more than longer hair, maybe just because it's not seen as much? + I love the feeling of going through someone's short hair with my hands :P So I would actually say short hair is sexier than long!

-- Edited by space on Wednesday 27th of June 2012 11:47:53 AM

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

space wrote:

I love the feeling of going through someone's short hair with my hands :P So I would actually say short hair is sexier than long!

-- Edited by space on Wednesday 27th of June 2012 11:47:53 AM

My hair is currently the same style as it is in my avatar photograph, except that now the back is blonde and the fringe is a light pink with white-blonde streaks in it...when I have it cut, the back is shaved to 3/8", and I can't keep my hands off my head! Haha. I love the feel of it when it's dry...and when it's wet, I can run my hands backwards over my head and spray water with it! What more could I ask for from a haircut?! :P

I also love how low maintenance it is, though - the most I ever have to do is straighten my fringe, and that's rare. I really like low maintenance hair styles, because to me there is something so much sexier about knowing that someone looks as they do with minimal effort. Admittedly, my make-up doesn't look effortless (I love crazy-bright eyeshadow colours blended together over my eyelids, with my usual liquid eyeliner and lots of black mascara), but I do love waking up with my hair done!

xxx Eve

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I can't keep my hands off my undercut, and Alligator seems to have the same trouble. That's the only downside I've eveer found with shorter hair: all the time saved washing and drying and styling is spent playing with it instead!

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm torn by my haircut - whilst I was so desperate to grow my hair, it's so much more maintenance than short hair because I need to straighten it every day!

I want to cut it again to the length it was when I didn't have to do anything with it. And I kind of miss having it shaved.

I'M SO DAMN TEMPTED!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Undercut at the back of your head? Bit of a compromise. It takes a lot of time off my bob, so it would probably do more for longer hair and I've always found straightening the under layers is the most awkward bit of straightening my hair. That way you can grow the rest of your hair long and still have a secret shavey bit for stroking... incredibly sexy...

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Necroposting here but it's worth it! So today I took the plunge and lobbed all my hair off. It was going to happen sooner or later because my hair was fucked after bleaching it several times in a row last year. It looked crap, felt crap and it was difficult to manage too.

So here is my hair long.

Here is my pony tail and some more hair that was taken off.

Here is my new hair!!

It's short and lovely and I still have my shavey bits and my locks at the side and I loveeeeeeeee it. My original idea was to get it cut this short so all the bleached hair would be gone, and then to just let it grow back and not mess with it. But now I'm thinking I may keep it like this because I love it so much. Eeeeee! Hurrah for short hair! :)

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Definitely well worth the necropost. Anyone who is in doubt as to whether or not short hair is sexy should look at your new photo's. They will soon realise that short hair can be hot as fook.

You sexeh ladeh.

xxx Eve

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I saw this on facebook and got major hair envy, it looks bloody gorgeous!

Forget the horror here.

Mookface (mod)

Date:

So lovely! It really suits you :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

You gorgeous lady!!! You look absoultely stunning xxx

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hair lust.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

That's a GREAT look.

"Just because someone doesnt love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have." -- Truman Capote

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh you guys!! Thank you so much for all your kind words, I'm so happy after reading all your lovely compliments! You are all very sweet :D *hugs*

I am really really really glad I took the plunge today. I'll say this to anybody who is thinking of getting their hair cut short but is feeling a bit hesitant... Just go for it. You won't regret it, and if you do, hair grows! :P

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Having it that short means you can show off your ear piercings too. Better to manage in this hot weather as well. So,more win. :)

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Regular Crew

Date:

Anyone who doubts the sexiness of short hair must have never heard of Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Louise Brooks, Twiggy, Michelle Williams, Carey Mulligan or Halle Berry, just to name a few. Currently my hair is in a Louise Brooks-inspire bob, after trying just about every short style on the planet. I'm probably growing it out for the sake of change, but I will always find short haired women ridiculously attractive.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Your argument is bullet proof Buffy. I love your hair Indigo!

I'm also growing my hair out for the sake change. I'm going just a little past my shoulders and no longer than that.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

The Female movie stars of the 1920's and 30's all had short hair and they looked very stylish. As a male I think short hair looks great on woman.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I reckon I've posted in this before, but I just want to say, that as a young lady with more often a shaved head, guys and girls love it... many times I have been having sex and the other person has prettymuch rubbed my head for good luck... I've also been in scenarios involving ecstasy pills where people have carressed my fuzzy wee head in awe and nuzzling heads/faces against my head like kittens... it's simple, easy and if you wear makeup, it gives more time for that in the morning...

SHORT HAIR IS AMAZING... No ifs. No buts.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It's funny how in my last post I was supposed to grow my hair out and I really planned to but I ended up getting a v-cut bob shorter than chin-length b/c of the hot weather. It was the best thing I could've done for myself! My confidence has skyrocketed and many hairstyles look great on me including if I just leave it alone. I don't think I'll ever go long again, I've gotten so many compliments!

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Hello, chaps.

If you've posted on this thread can you take a look at this potential article for Mookychick?

http://www.mookychick.co.uk/alternative-beauty/hair-styles/is-short-hair-attractive-on-women.php

1) I figured your thoughts are pretty inspirational and worth sharing with the world. Too many people buy into this "short hair isn't sexy" myth.

2) Do you think the article is a good idea? Are you happy for your thoughts to be shared? Is there anything you want changed or removed?

3) I've aimed to keep it very much about opinions worth sharing rather than giving away personal details that might compromise your privacy in any way.

The article is very tucked away where no-one will ever find it, and I will of course take it down if any of you feel it is inappropriate. I couldn't think of any other way to show you what the article might look like without building a little test page.

Oh I do hope you like it! I will totally understand if you don't!

Magda x

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I think this is a great! I've spotted a typo, but I think the idea is great!

The typo is in this part (repetition of "some people look absolutely fantastic with short hair"):

"The idea that short hair isn't sexy is so general it completely baffles me. Some people look absolutely fantastic with short hair. Some look absolutely fantastic with short hair. Different lengths of hair look better in different colours. Different lengths of hair look better with different face shapes. It can depend on your weight, how you dress, whatever. There's so many variable that affect how your hair looks that you can't just say all short hair is unsexy, it's ridiculous."

xxx Eve

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Ahaha! Silly me, I've changed it now - well, you know, if it's worth saying once, it's worth saying twice. If it's worth saying once, it's worth saying twice ;)

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Brilliant job Magda!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Looks fab. I miss my short hair. I dont miss the in-betweeny stage when I decide to grow it again.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

growing out undercuts is well....ughhhh why oh why haha

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I want to cut my hair short again, but at the same time, I'm trying to go traditional and not cut my hair...but at the same time if I were to go traditional then tradition states I need to cut off my hair to show I am in mourning.

Mixed girl is conflicted.

So here's a pic of www.facebook.com/photo.php">me with short hair to make up for this pointless post.

Lush Guru

Date:

One of the quote in that article made me go "wait...was that me?" and it was! Good to know I can recognise myself in writing.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm currently just getting to the end of the growing out phase: the point where I still need clips to keep my fringe out of my eyes and it still too short to do much with but I don't want to cut it off because it'll be long enough soon. But I keep remembering how much I loved my hair last September when it was at the shortest. Magda, you little devil, you're tempting me now...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Magda I love the article! What a wonderful idea making this topic into an article, it will be an inspiration for other girls who read it.

EDIT: Alka I did the same thing. (=

-- Edited by MarshmallowNoise on Monday 15th of July 2013 02:15:38 AM

Baby Mook

Date:

I'm so glad this thread is here! It's nice to see people with open minds and positive things to say about short hair on women. I'm getting my hair cut short this week (shorter than I've ever had it before) and my family seems to be in mourning, when I point out styles I like making comments such as "looks like a boy's hair". It's unbelievable that this gendered shit is still embedded in people's minds.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us