0.0%
Battlespire
0.0%
Redguard
0.0%

Honoured Mook

Date:
Skyrim

The long-awaited (at least by me) Skyrim is out, and I wondered if any of you Mooks were playing yet? Personally, I'm using my little brothers' copy, and whilst the graphics are largely better, with the exception of people and their talky noises, I am doing my nut over the controls. Just can't seem to get it.

So, overall, I prefer Oblivion, and I haven't played the other games in the series. But what do you think?

Voltaire -

"The best way to become boring is to say everything."

Nami, the brutal Mook.

[Tumblog][Facebook][DeviantArt][Vampirefreaks

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm also playing my little brother's copy of Skyrim on the xbox. The graphics are great but, as Nami said, you can only hear people talking if you are looking directly at them which means you have to use subtitles if you want to understand what the hell they are saying.

I'm actually quite enjoying playing Skyrim, but it's really difficult to get to grips with attacking, as for some reason I keep missing (though I'm blaming the controls rather than my own lack of gaming skills). I also don't like how little warning you get when someone is about to attack you. You pretty much don't know anything is up until a wolf bites your butt and the music turns dramatic.

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Another person using their brother's ;) But because he's not given me a chance to go on it yet, I don't know what it's like yet...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ I bribe mine with large quantities of hot chocolate and mini marshmallows. As you can tell, my inner evil genius knows no bounds.

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Woah woah, Megan, you have a brother?! Is he as hot as you?! ;)

Marlowe has been playing and so has F (Vic's fella). We all met up the other day, and they had brolove about it.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Pfft, as if anyone could ever be as hot as me ;)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Tru dat.

I will most certainly be getting this game when I'm in the money. Or for Christmas. Probably for Christmas from my grandmother.

I really loved Oblivion, although I can't play it on my PC so I'm considering trading it in for a PS3 copy. I had five minutes on Morrowind, but I didn't have long enough to get into it, so really Oblivion is the only game in the series I've played. My biology teacher tells me the other games are very good, though.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I love Oblivion. But I don't think I'll be able to play Skyrim on this computer, and I can't afford the game. I wish I had a little brother! Skyrim looks so beautiful, but isn't the plot largely similar to Oblivion's? The king is killed, etc. etc.?

IT HAS DRAGONS.

His lips were blue.
Well, I guess they were pink, but they looked blue and I couldn't help but notice how they matched his eyes.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm currently playing it on PS3. I'm a gigantanormous fan of the Elder Scrolls and bought new PCs for both Morrowind and Oblivion, but really can't afford to nowadays. So I'm playing it on M's console. :(

Absolutely loving it though, I spent the entire weekend playing it. I literally squealed when I saw the new game was based in Skyrim/included dragons and pre-ordered it on the spot, and am so pleased with it.

The plot is kind of similar to Oblivion, but the Nord culture and lore is so massively different from that of the Imperials. God, I love Nords.

-- Edited by Icks on Thursday 17th of November 2011 10:31:04 AM

:)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

My fiancé has it for PC and I help him with the puzzles.

Baby Mook

Date:

I'd had it pre-ordered about 3 months before release, so it's a biggie for me. I've been playing it loads since last week. So far I still prefer Oblivion, because I've spent hundreds of hours with it. But Skyrim is amazing so far. I see no problem with the combat or anything like that.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Skyrim makes me sad. :(
I have no consoles at uni to play it on and my computer is nowhere near good enough, and I can't really afford to make my computer better or buy a console for it, so I'm having to wait till I go home. Sykes said I could have a file on his game though, so I may have to do that once I go home.

I've played Oblivion, but not as much as I would have liked to. Did anybody else find the obsession with mud crabs everybody seemed to have hilarious?

Regular Crew

Date:

Got it for Christmas!

Was playing it yesterday, was good :)

A dragon set me on fire and ate me though at some point :(

Have a wee look at my shop? :) clicky!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I now have this game, and almost didn't attend a party I was invited to because I was that engrossed! Haha

I have a high elf that is a mage and she's joined the mage college and I've also made a khajeet who I intend to be a thief and to join the thieves guild with. There's so much to do!

I've already killed a few dragons. :D But once while fighting a dragon a second one came along and joined in... I died. :(

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

WHY DOES EVERYONE NEED TO ME TO CLIMB A MOUNTAIN FOR THEM?
Seriously, every quest I get seems to entail spending two hours attempting to find a path up a mountain, and then two minutes doing whatever the actual quest is. Couldn't I just...hire a dragon to fly me there? There must be dragon taxis somewhere in Skyrim?

I love it though. But I swear that even though Cyrodiil is bigger than Skyrim, Skyrim seems much bigger? I don't know if it's just that I haven't found as many locations, but the map in Skyrim makes it look about twice the size of Oblivion. I always use subtitles anyway because you can skip through conversations without missing any information where you have to wait for them to speak. And I think I'm driving the mammoth (and giant) population to extinction from over hunting. So fun though ^_^

Moth-kin - when it comes to enemies, I use the wait button to tell if there are any around :) It's kind of irritating, but it beats turning round to see a massive sabre cat right behind you.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I also got Skyrim for Christmas!

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I'd rather have the game on the PC - it simply doesn't feel like it should be a console game for me, there's too much to do and not enough controls on my PS3!

That said, I love it, although as CM pointed out every quest does seem to take more time finding that actually doing...

I prefer the combat on Skyrim (but that might be because I have Oblivion on PC, which lags and thus makes fighting a lot more difficult than it should be), and I always play an archer when I first run through games. I thought Skyrim seemed much smaller than Cyrodiil, and I found Cyrodiil easier to explore as well, probably because of the lack of mountains. I also liked the way people actually told me on Skyrim when I was naked by shouting, "Naked. Naked, naked naked!" at me, or saying, "Either I'm drunk, or you're naked..." On Oblivion, no-one pointed out to me when I'd forgotten to put clothes on.

Hmm, I don't know. I do love Skyrim, but I also really like Oblivion... I think this is mainly a PC / PS3 issue though, which is a shame because I reckon I'd enjoy the game much more if I had it on PC. Maybe it's just a case of getting used to it though.

Regular Crew

Date:

I play on my older brother's xbox and I love it!!! I blackmail him into letting me play because I solve the puzzles and won't tell him the answer unless he lets me play!

I'm me and if you don't like me I don't care. -anonymous

Randomtabulouslyawesometasticlywonderpipicle (my word)

When life gives you lemons make apple juice to confuse people!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I mist be the only person who does NOT own that game and who has never played any of them. Sad Panda D:. I guess the hype is warranted if so many mookies like it...

This signature is definitely not a horcrux.

Regular Crew

Date:

I don't own Skyrim...but I want to play it. I've played a bit of Morrowind, and loved every minute of it. My dad has been playing Oblivion. All the games have beautiful graphics, and the plot is really fascinating. I especially love the music; it sounds like the soundtrack to a real fantasy movie. Although the monsters always give me a heart attack when they just appear right behind me!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have it, got it for Christmas, but I haven't started playing yet. I want to wait until there are some nice mods to customize my character with (I will probably have a snow-leopardish Khajiit. I want to name her Snow White in some foreign language. Lumikki? Blancanieves? Schneewittchen? Mjallhvit?) and until everyone and everything who is the slighest bit interested in games stop hyping that game so much (not talking about any of you, but it's in all the gaming mags, all over the internet, it's all the prats in my school ever talk about...)
But I hope it'll be fun once I start playing!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I wouldn't wait till the hype dies down, you're just denying yourself a pleasure. If it annoys you, just try to ignore the best you can, don't read it, and ignore the kids at school.

Also personally I don't think you need mods, there's a certain, ahem, beauty to pure untouched games I feel. (not talking about patches that fix bugs though, bugs are annoying)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I mainly meant mods for improving my characters look, or adding extra interesting things, the kind that's a little too far out for the developers to actually include in the game.
I'm getting tired of the game through all the hype, is why. It's like I'm using up all my "Skyrim-energy" getting tired about that rather than using it up by playing. And then I need to clean out my hard drive first anyway, and I'm sort of procrastinating that, haha. It's not like I overly want to play it right now, I've got a few other games I want to finish first anyway, before I dive headfirst into something new :)

Regular Crew

Date:

Loving skyrim (first shared purchase with my man 'Batman' )
Unfortunately we keep forgetting about each other for a couple of hours while one of us plays, but thats okay. We just sit together and I read when I am not playing.

Also Khajiit for the win!

Tumblr, Facebook

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by. 
 Douglas Adams

"The short answer to that is 'no'. The long answer is 'f*** no'." 
 Stephen Fry

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I forgot I have a boyfriend when I play as well, and a dog, and an outside life that also needs maintaining the form of food, drink and sleep.

Yeah... Skyrim's bad for me. xD

Honoured Mook

Date:

I just got my copy today and I'm actually enjoying it. The controls bug me a bit, since you need to run, stop, change direction, run, stop etc... so it's a bit of a pain.

facebook : tumblr : mua fbpage : youtube

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead for two reasons, one is to say I'm thinking about starting Skyrim this week- wheeeeee! Secondly to show you this video of two amazing mods you can get. I laughed long and loud.

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

On the topic of funny Skyrim mods...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Aren't people just amazing sometimes? I love the thought that went into these!

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The best Skyrim-related anything I've seen online so far is the week of madness, which is incredibly long, predictably rude here and there, and NSFW, but flipping hilarious. If you've not got time to go through it all, at least watch the second video of day one, the Whiterun Rapid Transit System - if only!!

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us