Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Winter mix cd swap?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Winter mix cd swap?

I'm in Annis! Do you already have my address?

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm in =)

Sophie

The world is quiet here ...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Huzzah! If people would like to send me their addresses (including yours, Ruby :p) and have their CDs sorted by, say, Monday March 3rd, I'll get the addresses out and we can do some sexy swappage.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

So I've had a grand total of three addresses, is that really all of us?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh cock, I completely forgot I ressurected this thread in the first place. Silly me. Will send my address on now. X

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I haven't been able to finish it in time unfortunately :( For some reason I also thought the deadline was tomorrow. I'm currently stuck with two small playlists that do not mix well together, and I'd need to sort that out plus making a nice cover so I probably wouldn't be able to send this before next Monday. Sorry.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Would it be cool if we pushed the deadline a wee bit forward? I don't have a cd prepared to send off either. Apologies. :|

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yeah fo sho! Shall we give it till a week today, the 10th?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That suits me. I'll get on it tonight! Did we agree on a theme or not?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Wasn't it songs we liked when we were younger? My play list is certainly proving to be an odd mix of things. 

-- Edited by Florie on Tuesday 4th of March 2014 02:14:51 AM

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Date:

I'm not sure if we really agreed on a theme, I just suggested one (that I've later regretted because it turned out harder than I thought it would be) and nobody said anything more :) Now that I'm finally starting to get this thing into shape, I do not really want to change the theme.

I really ought to make a double-cd called "libido" and "thanatos", but I guess I should limit my narcissism. Making this list have really reminded me how happy I am to not be a teenager anymore, and to be honest I'm well chuffed about having waved my 20s goodbye too...

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Honoured Mook

Date:

Is there a length limit on these? With the whole "music we liked when we were younger" thing I didn't wanna present anything less than a comprehensive picture of my evolving music taste since childhood (otherwise it just looks like I've got crap music taste ...) and it's 66 songs =S

Sophie

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm just gonna send on one CD, that normally fits around 15-20 songs right? Oh gawd, rifling through my music collection to find stuff I liked when I was younger is gonna be cringe-tastic for me, ha

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Wow I hope whoever gets me likes mid 2000s indie. :|

Silly Whore.

Date:

I'm not approaching this chronologically. That would make an even more incoherent cd. I go with what music describes me at a set moment in time, rather than what music was available to me at that moment. (I can't really remember anyway). Narrative is king.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've messed around with it now, so its a bit more diverse. It previously sounded like a "NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL INDIE 2005!" compilation. It is pretty special and pretty embarrassing in places. :P

Silly Whore.

Lush Guru

Date:

Just do something you'd like to listen to, and send it to whomever you get and I'm sure they'll love it.

Mine's basically a Brand New album.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've tried to make mine so it's stuff I still like, and so it works nicely as an album of songs :)

Addresses by Monday, please, lovely people!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Got the list all sorted and plan to send everyone's addresses out in the morning, so if anyone would like to take part but hasn't given me their details please let me know soooooooon so I can add you in!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Triple post because I am a badass motherfucker. Addresses are out! Please let me know if I've forgotten anyone, and get sending :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

woop! Annis you're sound, cheers for doing that :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Mine is on the way!

Silly Whore.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I can't find the cds so as soon as I do and get it sorted mine will be on the way. Also does anyone know the best way to send these?

Florian xxx 

He/they pronouns pls

Date:

I forgot the cd at home and went to Bergen. Where I'm currently drunk because I had some... Uhm lots.. of beers with old friends and saw a couple of fledgling punk bands. So very sorry mook that are receiving my mix cd, I'll post it when I get back home and I bought you a postcard that I will write and post you tomorrow when I'm hangover as penance.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I only just posted mine today,  but it's on its way! 

Sophie

Lush Guru

Date:

I HAVEN'T DONE MINE YET BECAUSE I AM TERRIBLE BUT I PROMISE I WILL I WILL I WILL.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ ME NEITHER! I STILL CAN'T FIND THE CDS! ARRGGHH. Yeah also how have people sent theirs?

Florian xxx 

He/they pronouns pls

Date:

I mislayed the promised postcard, but I sendt the actual cd last thursday so hopefully it will be in a mooky mailbox some time next week.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

MOOK WHO I HAVE I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LARGE DELAY. I am currently making your CD and it will be in the mail tomorrow and hopefully with you by the end of the week. xo

Lush Guru

Date:

I WILL DO MINE AT THE WEEKEND I PROMISE I SWEAR.

I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us