Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: The "Where can I find...?" Thread

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
The "Where can I find...?" Thread

Hi all!

So there are lots of things I would like to find in the depths of the world, virtual and other. So I figured we need a "where can I find" thread. With luck, some people on here may see a post and think "well, shucks! I know JUST where to get a Darth Vader cap from!" and can point the searcher in the right direction! You don't need to have an answer for the poster above you to be able to post, of course.

Ok, so I'll go first.

I am looking for a pair of leggings like the trousers Han Solo wears, you know, the navy ones with the orange/red stripes down the sides.

(Incidentally, a Darth Vader cap can be found here: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/cio-inc/item/10004726/) :3

This signature is definitely not a horcrux.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

must say, this thread is REALLY kicking off!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

maybe noone is looking for anything yet...or whoever was actually wondering about a Darth Vader cap didn't need to ask :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

They do an R2 D2 one:
http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/zacpac-toy/cabinet/1/img56338040.jpg

I WANTS IT. I hate caps but I absolutely LOVE novelty! Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be sold out like, forever :(
If you find it, drop a sister a line ;D

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

So I'm digging up the corpse of this old, stillborn thread, piecing the bones back together, dusting them off and dressing it in something frilly and glittery to hide the fact that it's been dead since 2011.Beats making a new one when this suits my query perfectly, though.

I need two things. Won't you help me find them? :3

The first is a pink denim jacket. More pastel than neon, preferably. Regular length, not waist-length cropped. Even colour, so not something hand-bleached and dyed off of Etsy.
Maximum cost £30, excl. shipping, and the shop must be able to ship to Sweden.
Has anyone seen something like this, anywhere?

The second thing is a face mask. Deep cleansing, as deep as possible, and preferably with a nice smell.
Not fruit based, that gives me weird reactions, so maybe mud or something? I'm bad at these things  :/
£15 at the most, for something that lasts for a couple of months if I use it 1-2 times a week.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^I can't think of anywhere that would sell the denim jacket you desire, but how about trying Lush for the face mask? They do one called Cupcake. It has rhassoul mud and cocoa powder in, and is extremely deep cleansing. Smells delicious too. The only thing is, it only lasts around a month before it expires, as it's made out of all totally fresh things. And you must keep it in the fridge too.

While I'm here, does anybody know where I can get large ear spirals to wear in stretched ears? Kinda like this. They don't have to be wooden but it's preferable. No more than 30 quid though, plz!

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've been to Lush, all the masks they had there were way expensive, though they did look lovely  :/

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ My phone won't display ur link, but Etsy is pretty great for very specific stretched ear jewellery.

Malin, Boots do a really good black mud face mask that lasts forever and cost about 8 euro, if you can get it! Cupcake is my favourite mask ever, though!

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Lush Guru

Date:

Lush masks are incredibly easy to make yourself, there are a hideous amount of tutorials, suggestions, recipes etc out there. A good base is kaolin though, which is pretty easy and cheap to get a hold of.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Sorry to double post but I just remembered something - if you're really broke, a bag of cosmetic clay (benzonite powder, I think) will serve you magnificently as a face mask, just mix about a tablespoon with some water or lemon juice.

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^I had a look on Etsy, scrolled through a good few pages, didn't find anything. All the double and triple spirals seem to be those fake ones for people who don't have their lobes stretched. I did manage to find some beautiful, reasonably priced septum bling though! \m/

Cupcake rools. However if it's too pricey Boots is a good bet!

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Indigo Empress wrote:

While I'm here, does anybody know where I can get large ear spirals to wear in stretched ears? Kinda like this. They don't have to be wooden but it's preferable. No more than 30 quid though, plz!

I was going to suggest bodyartforms, I really like them for one off pieces, I then however saw that you don't wanna spend more than £30 and a lot of their stuff is kinda pricey, plus shipping from the US.
I'll still post this anyway because you might be able to find something on there :)

Forget the horror here.

Lush Guru

Date:

I think most nice spirals are gonna be a bit pricey, but there are some really nice things on heeeeeere.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I have a really lovely big plain black plastic spiral for my ear, I got it from a little independent in Norwich called Beaujangles, and it was probably about £8. I don't know if you have any shops of that ilk in your neck of the woods, but here is their website, they ship pretty much anywhere as far as I can see. Tiga also recommends this place  - not that he has ordered anything from there. Whereas Beaujangles is the tried and tested provider of all my body-maiming needs for about 8 years =)

Sophie

The world is quiet here ...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Try wildcat.co(m?.uk?).

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Leikin wrote:

The first is a pink denim jacket. More pastel than neon, preferably. Regular length, not waist-length cropped. Even colour, so not something hand-bleached and dyed off of Etsy.

Maximum cost £30, excl. shipping, and the shop must be able to ship to Sweden.
Has anyone seen something like this, anywhere?

A little bit over budget, but something like this? (Although, it doesn't seem entirely clear where they ship to)

Alternatively, not pastel but a lot cheaper, but again the shipping information is confusing, but I think they ship to Sweden.

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hm, that second one is too short and I think the first's too expensive... but Amazon might be a cool place to look, thanks.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Wow, the price on the first one has gone up massively since I posted it, it was around £37 when I found it, so if you liked it then it could be an idea to keep an eye on it and see if the price goes down at any point.

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AXTokyo-Womens-Coloured-Distressed-Raspberry/dp/B00DI556FS/ref=sr_1_6?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1393198328&sr=1-6&keywords=white+denim+jacket

I found this whilst looking for something else, Malin. If the raspberry colour isn't what you're after, maybe consider getting a pure white one and dying it pink yourself (white will turn out more even than bleaching a blue one and dying that, of course).

Does anyone know where the frickity frick to get Ravenclaw themed adults/mens clothing that ISN'T the post-film logo and colours? Tudor is constantly ranting that his 'official' Ravenclaw hoodie and t-shirt are in blue and silver (not blue and bronze) and have a raven (not an eagle) as the mascot. His birthday is in May, so I've plenty of time and don't have too much of a limit on how much to spend (fifty quid, ish? Obviously the more expensive shipping gets, the less I'd really have to spend overall). Not sure exactly what I'm looking for (t-shirt, hoodie, invisibility cape, I don't know...), just something that suits his purist tastes. Blimmin' fusspot.

Edit- hey, my laptop's doing that thing where it pretends it can't link. Sorry about that.

-- Edited by Angels+Eyeliner on Sunday 23rd of February 2014 11:40:47 PM

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I've found loads of places on amazon that do very specific fan-wear.

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ looking on amazon I've only seen the wrong logo or stuff that I could do myself (just the word 'ravenclaw' on a t-shirt in a plain font). I'm not opposed to doing it myself but I'd rather get something a bit nicer for a birthday. And whilst there's LOTS of Slytherin and Gryffindor, and a fair bit of Hufflepuff, seems that Ravenclaw is a less popular one to sell things for.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Angels+Eyeliner wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AXTokyo-Womens-Coloured-Distressed-Raspberry/dp/B00DI556FS/ref=sr_1_6?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1393198328&sr=1-6&keywords=white+denim+jacket

I found this whilst looking for something else, Malin. If the raspberry colour isn't what you're after, maybe consider getting a pure white one and dying it pink yourself (white will turn out more even than bleaching a blue one and dying that, of course).

That's an idea. Assuming it's easier to find a white one than a pink one, that is. I'll look into that, thank you!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I was looking for a white one a while ago and they're not too hard to find. They get easier in summer as well, when they tend to be in most high street shops here. It might be the same there, or it might be easier to find online when the designers start thinking it's a radical idea and the knock-offs start popping up?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Mooks, I need your help! I really, really want a nice knee-length tulle skirt. I'd make it myself but I don't have a sewing machine here in Stockholm and I'd like to start wearing a nice poofy skirt asap. It seems like all tulle skirts are a) ridiculously overpriced, b) shipped from the USA (again, expensive), or c) cheap but only available on dodgy Chinese sites with dubious reviews. I can't afford to pay a fortune for return postage in case the skirt doesn't fit so I'm looking for retailers based in Europe. Any suggestions?

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Bobbie, try ebay. I've seen plenty of lovely tulle skirts that ship from China with very good reviews for about £6-9 pounds. Chinese sizes tend to start smaller than UK ones which is good for you and they usually offer the inches and centimetres of the skirt so you can check it will fit before buying. It's so cheap that you'd never find a skirt that price in Europe!

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

There are also quite a few on yesstyle. Not as cheap as ebay (so ebay would still be my first stop) but probably better quality. They range from £16 to £46 (I've only browsed a couple pages though, but already seen three or four different types.) again, being asian sizing, it'll probably be good for you. They have a branch in England too.

Oasap and Dolly Dynamite (and another store I can't think of which would be REALLY GOOD... ugh) also stock that kind of thing, although I can't remember where they're based.

So yeah I would say check ebay, but if you're willing to spend a bit more then there are lots of other options! PS tulle skirts are gorgeous. Tulle in general is gorgeous. You will look like a fairy queen :)

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thank you, lovelies! I checked ebay and the skirts are really, really cheap, but I don't have a credit card and therefore don't use PayPal (for safety reasons). But I might ask my mum to help me out. Thanks again!

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

You can use a debit card with eBay if you have one? I don't have a credit card either.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Most sellers on eBay only accept PayPal and my card doesn't work with PayPal (really, really doesn't work, my bank confirmed that I can't use it).

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

PayPal works with transferring over money from your bank account too, doesn't that work either?

Also, I think there's a Beyond Retro in Stockholm, they have tulle skirts quite often. Have you looked at websites like Nelly and Zalando, otherwise? They're usually good at spring clothes.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us