Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Bald beauties :P

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
Bald beauties :P

Hi Mooks, I hope there aren't any post that cover this issue already :L If so I'm sorry.

Recently shaved all my hair off to a number 1 due to a whole lack of care, (not that my hair was damaged, I just din't care). When I went into school, my friends loved it, and remarked things like "My hairs so damaged, I feel like doing that too" or "My hairs so messy, I'd love to do that", but I know that they would never do it, due to the public image of 'femininity'.  So as well as telling them my oppinion on the matter and encouraging them not to play it safe when it comes to hairstyling, I've decided to do the same here. :) Its such an easy style and requires no special care really. Its also probably the best way to put health back in your hair after heat damage and using to much hairdye (simply growing new fresh tresses)

Take a look at Demi Moore, Sinead O'Connor, Noémie Lenoir, Tyra Banks.

I'm not trying to force anyone to copy my actions, just putting it out there that you can still look good without hair. I'm sure alot of people who read this will already be openminded enough to understand where I'm coming from, but on the other hand there are probably loads of people that see it as something that may reduce your looks.

So whats your views guys?

-- Edited by nothingface on Sunday 12th of June 2011 08:51:51 PM

I did an edit make your post easier to read. It's a good post and it would be nice if as many people as possible reads it. -Irilar 

-- Edited by Irilar on Sunday 12th of June 2011 09:21:11 PM

-- Edited by Irilar on Sunday 12th of June 2011 09:21:47 PM

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
RE: Bald beautys.

Also, one more point- having a shaved head enables you to adventure with wigs. I am currently looking out for nice wigs to buy. Having a different hairstle everyday of the week, without bleeching, dying, cutting etc :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I think it's really cool you shaved your head, fuck society's ideas of femininity :)

However the bright green text makes my eyes hurt :(

Liv

My Tumblr :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I believe the plural of beauty is beauties. Also, baldness is awesome no matter what gender. And yeah the green text hurts my eyes.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thats an awesome idea, My friend told me to do that once, because my hairs quite damaged! It looks pretty great on everyone, Its not for me though, I Just completly love changing my hair!

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Honoured Mook

Date:

I love that you shaved your head, my friend has done so too and I respect her a lot for doing so. Well done you!

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:
RE: Bald beauties :P

I totally agree with the OP. One doesn't have to look feminine just because one is a female, and anyway bald women can look much more feminine than most women.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Thanks and I just sort of wrote this to show other people who are stuck in that idea. of femininity. :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'd love to try it, but I also love my long hair. Not because of society's rules governing what is and isn't feminine (I love long hair on guys too!) but because I like having a big curtain of hair to hide my face in.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I love bald women. I totally wish I could pull that look off. But go you!

Tumblr

Honoured Mook

Date:

I love bauld women!

It's sexy when a women can be comfortable enough with her looks enough to go wild and cut off all her hair, a lot of girls I know hide behind their hair because they think they have nothing else going for them :( It's a shame because they are so insecure.

Hair doesn't isn't manly nor feminine, It can be both!

Go you ;P

Beware Your In For A Scare!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I had the sides of my head shaved down to a 2 with my mohawk and by god did it itch when it was growing back!!! I didn't realise how lumpy my skull is til I had no hair :-/

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have a bit of a 'thing' for shaven headed ladies! But, I have an immense fear of being bald, losing my hair, having it shaved off or having it short. Going for a trim makes me feel ill because I get scared of the hairdresser messing up somehow. I guess some people think it's silly, but while I love love love ladies with no hair, I also love love love my own hair very much, and shaving it off is something I could never do...

Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta? BAM! Ani DiFranco when she shaved her head? BAM! Sinead O'Connor? BAM!

Picklechops - splatterer of a thousand scrota! Don't mess with me! - Pickle according to Dave!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I would love to shave my head but I have a really oddly shaped skull so I think I'd look really weird, with my bumpy head on show :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

The main reason I wouldn't shave my head is that I have a big scar on the back of my head :/

Liv

My Tumblr :)

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I find bald women quite attractive. Obviously depending on the rest of their style ^_^.
I don't think I have the girlballs to do it myself though >.

- Hannah Belle.

I hear the roar of a big machine,
Two worlds and in between,
Hot metal and methedrine,
I hear empire down.

Baby Mook

Date:

i would LOVE to shave my hair off :p
its so damaged, and i would totally love to go for the Chelsea look, with all my hair shaved off but my fringe. theres so many women who just look beautiful without their hair.
alas though, i'd be farrrrrr to worried about my round face looking ridiculous. i don't know, i might finally go for it one day c:

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've considered shaving my head a few times. Thing is, I have a funny shaped head, so I doubt that it's going to happen. Good for you though nothingface! So pleased you're happy with your baldness!

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Lush Guru

Date:

Yeah I've got a bit of a weird shaped head...I'd look like an egg.

Also, my boyfriend shaves his head and we already practically dress the same so if I shaved my head I'd just be a pair of glasses off being his female twin.

I am going to shave my sides back in though, I miss them too much.

Honoured Mook

Date:

everyones getting the side of their hair shaved recently, you walk into polo night club and everyones got the same doo lol!

Beware Your In For A Scare!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

How strange...I've been away from Mooky for a couple of days, and came in to find this thread...after shaving off my pink mohawk last night. I shaved it back to 3/8", but left my fringe alone, then dyed it all purple.

I love it :D.

I'll post a photo at some point...but I'm not taking any now. It's 3.40am, I'm not wearing any make-up, and my eyes are a state from crying all night over my missing cat...I look rather dead.

xxx Eve

Honoured Mook

Date:

^ Best of luck with your kitty. :(

I came pretty close to shaving my locks off two years ago. My dad tried to put his foot down and tell me no, but my mom didn't care. I chickened out at one and a half inches, though. And I looked damn fine! ;D And then I did it next year after gaining a bit of weight and I got really insecure with a chubby face and three-quarter inch hair.

I then realized I, too, have a funny-shaped, slightly lumpy skull. Maybe the mooks should have a lumpy-head-shaving party! :D

His lips were blue.
Well, I guess they were pink, but they looked blue and I couldn't help but notice how they matched his eyes.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

@Eveacus - I hope that you find your cat!

I'd absolutely love to shave my hair off, but I have such a chubby face it just wouldn't suit me, and I have blonde hair so the stubble on my head would probably look a little odd. As well as that I've become used to having long hair to hide behind.

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I am absolutley going to shave my head someday, because it looks awesome. Unfortunatly I'm afraid I have the wrong headshape for it to be aestetically pleasing, which will make me sad panda. I'm going deathhawk when I move out though. Because I look awesome in deathhawk. x)

Tumbling around

Tweet Tweet!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I can't wait to see your pic Eveacus!

I love shaved women but I can't pull it off, I have a small head and a strange attachment to my afro-puffs.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Eveacus wrote:

How strange...I've been away from Mooky for a couple of days, and came in to find this thread...after shaving off my pink mohawk last night. I shaved it back to 3/8", but left my fringe alone, then dyed it all purple.

I love it :D.

I'll post a photo at some point...but I'm not taking any now. It's 3.40am, I'm not wearing any make-up, and my eyes are a state from crying all night over my missing cat...I look rather dead.

xxx Eve

Your hair sounds awesome but... noooooooo =( I hope he comes back! 

Picklechops - splatterer of a thousand scrota! Don't mess with me! - Pickle according to Dave!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'd shave my head but I have awful dermatitis on my scalp. :(

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Thanks for all of the well wishes for LEo (teh kitteh). He actually turned up this morning. After not sleeping until 5am because of being worried and upset, I woke up at 10 to see a fuzzy little leg sticking out of his cat bed. When he heard me come into the room, he poked his head out and lapped up the attention while I stroked him and cried my eyes out with relief. Then, he got out of bed and led me to where I keep his food. That little monster has no idea of the stress and upset he caused...while he's not actually done anything amazing by running off and coming back, I just want to spoil him rotten. I'm so grateful that he's back that I never want to let him out of my sight ever again. (I don't see that lasting long, though...he hates being cooped up indoors! I leave the little window open in the bathroom, and he comes and goes as he pleases...it prevents him getting frustrated, which in turn prevents the shredding of the wallpaper in my rented house!)

xxx Eve

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Here I is, all baldy...

xxx Eve

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Eve you're gorgeous and so is your hair!

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us