Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What is the most disturbing film you have ever seen?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: What is the most disturbing film you have ever seen?

^ Was that the one where he said he was an angel, and he killed all those little plasticine people?

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yup. It's his voice that freaked me out more than anything. Blegh.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh yes, I remember- really light and breathy, like a girl's, one minute, and all deep and dark the next. I can't believe they ever intended that thing for kids :/

There's a Pixar animation about a little girl who gets turned into a doll I found quite unsettling. I think it's called 'Alma' or something like that, but it's worth checking out.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Honoured Mook

Date:

My knowledge on disturbing films is quite limited, but I did not like The Butterfly Effect. I think it was setting the dog on fire that upset me. *shiver*

You say you want to live in the darkness?
~ Tumblr! ~

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh god, I cried at that bit and had to stop watching. Blood, gore and guts I could watch for hours, but anything with animals and I'm as emotionally stable as a baby.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I recently showed the boyfriend 'The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover' and he found it incredibly disturbing which for some reason never particularly dawned on me before...but now com to think of it, bits are pretty horrible. I mean, the opening scene involves a gang stripping and beating a man before force feeding him dog poo and then smearing it all over his body. And there are lots of shots of rotting meat which are pretty gross. And rape. And death by being force fed books. And I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone but yeah, just don't watch it if you're eating!

Eccentric Blue Haired Ecdysiast & Self Professed Dildo Nerd

Answers to Daisy or Little Spoon :) x

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

shit, yeah, thats a good one, but beautiful cinematography, same as requiem for a dream. grim tales but so beautiful you can't stop watching.

antichrist... the most disturbing part for me wasn't the violence, but the creepy way willem dafoe psychoanylises his wife over the edge when she just really wants to die to expiate her own guilt.

alien... i had years of nightmares about that fucker!

'there's always light at the end of the tunnel, just sometimes it's a train'

Honoured Mook

Date:

I was slightly disturbed by Donnie Darko, it had probably to do with the fact that I couldn't manage to understand it at first. I really wanted to grasp the thing everyone loved about it but I couldn't.

I get strangely attracted to weird stuff like tideland, requiem for a dream and the cook, the thief, the wife and his lover. Never thought of it as being disturbing but I'm starting to doubt that now :P

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

PinCushion Princess wrote:

I recently showed the boyfriend 'The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover' and he found it incredibly disturbing which for some reason never particularly dawned on me before...but now com to think of it, bits are pretty horrible. I mean, the opening scene involves a gang stripping and beating a man before force feeding him dog poo and then smearing it all over his body. And there are lots of shots of rotting meat which are pretty gross. And rape. And death by being force fed books. And I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone but yeah, just don't watch it if you're eating!

Oh God, I'd forgotten about this. I watched it when I was far too young and it freaked me out SO much. It's so well-made and the cinematography's beautiful [everything is so RED] but just everything about it makes me feel sick, right down to the music, which is so hypnotic and insistent it hurts.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I'm in the middle of watching this film now on your recommendations, and think the music and the colours are gorgeous. However, the fact Michael Gambon's in it is making it very difficult to take it seriously because I keep imagining it as Dumbledore on a bad day/. Nevertheless, it's a very good film from what I've seen of it.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Distortion wrote:

For some reason I'm OK with watching scenes with excessive blood and gore, but I find graphic rape scenes very difficult to watch. Although I haven't seen Irreversible the entire way through, we were made to watch the rape scene in film class and I found it traumatizing. I've also seen the entirety of the original I Spit On Your Grave and that also made me feel sick for days afterwards.

It probably sounds odd but the rape scene in Irreversible didn't shock me at all (I saw it in Film Studies too), if anything my friend and I found it hard not be amused at the sounds she was making, they were just to silly and unbelievable. I felt like it was there purposely to try and shock me and not really give any message or meaning.
I did hate the start though where there was horrible music playing and the camera was going in and out and upside down, especially on a massive screen with surround sound.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I must update this thread by recommending all of Guillermo Del Torro's work. Not only is it visually stunning, but he's a master of capturing the elements of life which get under our skin. Also, I find his fascination with eyelessness interesting (The Pale Man in Pan's Labyrinth, for example).

Also, I watched a film the other day called Motel Hell which featured a garden of people buried up to their necks whose vocal chords had been cut so they could only hiss and gargle in this really horrible way. It freaked me out quite a lot.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Lady Misery, I know it does kinda spoil it when you think of Dumbledore :P Glad you seem to have appreciated it anyhow :)
And I've seen Motel Hell, those noises also freaked me out but I thought the rest of the movie was kinda funny (Couldn't take the pig head seriously).

Eccentric Blue Haired Ecdysiast & Self Professed Dildo Nerd

Answers to Daisy or Little Spoon :) x

Regular Crew

Date:

Human Sentipade was disturbing in a funny way, I was watching it with friends and we were rolling on the floor thinking how stupid it was. Yeah, I guess it was more stupid than disturbing.

Another movie is Martyrs. (French movie, I hope I spelled the name right).

I find Clockwork Orange VERY disturbing, I can never get past the scene where they rape this woman and beat her husband V_V

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

PinCushion Princess wrote:

Lady Misery, I know it does kinda spoil it when you think of Dumbledore :P Glad you seem to have appreciated it anyhow :)
And I've seen Motel Hell, those noises also freaked me out but I thought the rest of the movie was kinda funny (Couldn't take the pig head seriously).

It was a really powerful film- the colours were gorgeous and I thought the acting was all amazing! It was quite refreshing to see Michael as such a dark character :)

And I agree, Motel Hell was pretty silly- gotta love the guy's final line; "I... even used.... preservatives." XD

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Baby Mook

Date:

I must second Martyrs. I cannot say this enough. Martyrs times one million.

If you have issues with torture, kidnapping, confinement, and extreme manifestations of post-traumatic stress disorder, not to mention extremely graphic depictions of abuse and gore (like flaying) steer clear from this one. It is SO fucked up. It still stays with me and on bad nights, I can't get certain scenes from it out of my head. It was very painful for me to watch. I am very sensitive to the above things, and I didn't know how bad it would be before I watched it, so it was rough. Thankfully, I am only sensitive, and am not actually triggered by those things... otherwise it would have been really bad. o_o;;

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

orangensaft wrote:

Florie wrote:

aarghh! ii cant remember what its called! but it was rather creepy! it was about a little girl who had a broken collar bone and anill man who tells her stories and theyre both in a hospital hmmit was really good though.not terribly disturbing bit still

The Fall? It's not really disturbing but it sounds like what you're describing. It's an amazing film though. :)

I try and avoid disturbing films; I used to faint watching safety videos about not going into electricity stations and knife crime at school, I really couldn't handle anything more hardcore than that, ha.

yes that was it! now i think about it, it wasnt very disturbing but i was quite young when i watched it and it really creeped me out! a fabulous film though!

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Honoured Mook

Date:

No film has really scared me although Charlie and the chocolate factory gave me a massive wobbly moment......
Oompa loompas.......eeeeek

The night

Hath been to me a more familiar face

Than that of man; and in her starry shade

Of dim and solitary loveliness 

I learned the language of another world.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I am a big fan of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory although I always wondered what happened to the other children and their parents. The oompa loompa songs are awesome though.

This is not a film but I watch Haunted History on the Biography channel a few weeks ago. A story on the Key West episode creeped the living hell out of me. It was about a (fake) doctor in the 1920's falling in love with his young beautiful but dieing patient. To make a long story short after she died he stole her body from her plot, reconstructed her with white grayish paste and glass eyes, and lived together with her as his supposed wife. Since Key West is small town rumor spread around about the woman not being in her plot which made the sister go to the doctor and demand to see her sister in her plot. Seeing no way out of it the doctor took her in a room where her sister lay which of course freaked her sister out. He was arrested and she was taken to the morgue for autopsy. The whole town heard the story and they went to the morgue to get a look at the corpse bride, they even let school out. What got me was they had actual pictures of her. She didn't look human, she looked like a mannequin that used to be in the ladies bathroom at a BBQ joint. That along with a eyewitness account (he way a kid at the time) gave me the willies. The woman is rumored to be a ghost.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Why oh why did I just google it? Why? And why oh why did I have to forget for the ten seconds it took me to press "search" that that is where the doll I have just ridden from my nightmares is kept? Why? WHY? Stupid me. Stupid, incredibly freaked out, me.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

angelvixen wrote:

No film has really scared me although Charlie and the chocolate factory gave me a massive wobbly moment......
Oompa loompas.......eeeeek

That reminds me, The Witches TERRIFIED me. I'm such a wuss. Even now I can't watch it. And that other film with witches...what's it called, with those three witches, and a cat or something. I remember this bit where one of the witches' nails cuts through a curtain, and it frightens me so much to this day :(.

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Why did you look it up Celtic?! I used to watch Haunted History all the time until that episode. I'm so afraid to watch it now although a part of me wants to see the Hawaii episode.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Mmmm well mine wouldn't be exactly scary films...but they made me so frightened and sick I couldn't watch them after a certain point..

28 Weeks later - The bit where Robert Carlyle put his thumbs into the womans eyes..haunted me for months.

The Posiedon Adventure - For sum reason all that rising water made me feel ill...creeped the hell out of me.

Hollow Man - Felt like throwing up watching this..when they made the Gorilla invisible..and you could see all the muscles and then the heart pumping..ugh...had nightmares.

I am Legend - Most disturbing and sad film i've ever seen. Cried like a baby through fear in the cinema...horrible film.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm desperate to see Martyrs, I really am! Antichrist too, actually. However, I can't find them anywhere online and I doubt my parents would be thrilled about buying them for me. My Mum kicked up enough fuss about the last film in 'Peliculas Para No Dormir' because she thought it was 'too much like those gory slasher movies'. I agree, it was rather bloody and violent, but it was rather clever and I actually felt deeply shocked by the end of it.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

MarshmallowNoise wrote:

Why did you look it up Celtic?! I used to watch Haunted History all the time until that episode. I'm so afraid to watch it now although a part of me wants to see the Hawaii episode.

Because I'm an accidental masochist :( My brain enjoys suffering.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Celtic Mysteria wrote:

MarshmallowNoise wrote:

Because I'm an accidental masochist :( My brain enjoys suffering.

It's OK. I'm the same way sadly. Right now I'm trying to talk myself out of watching Haunted History: Hawaii.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

MarshmallowNoise wrote:

^ I am a big fan of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory although I always wondered what happened to the other children and their parents. The oompa loompa songs are awesome though.

This is not a film but I watch Haunted History on the Biography channel a few weeks ago. A story on the Key West episode creeped the living hell out of me. It was about a (fake) doctor in the 1920's falling in love with his young beautiful but dieing patient. To make a long story short after she died he stole her body from her plot, reconstructed her with white grayish paste and glass eyes, and lived together with her as his supposed wife. Since Key West is small town rumor spread around about the woman not being in her plot which made the sister go to the doctor and demand to see her sister in her plot. Seeing no way out of it the doctor took her in a room where her sister lay which of course freaked her sister out. He was arrested and she was taken to the morgue for autopsy. The whole town heard the story and they went to the morgue to get a look at the corpse bride, they even let school out. What got me was they had actual pictures of her. She didn't look human, she looked like a mannequin that used to be in the ladies bathroom at a BBQ joint. That along with a eyewitness account (he way a kid at the time) gave me the willies. The woman is rumored to be a ghost.

thats bloody creepy! what is haunted history?

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Haunted History is a tv series in the United States (originally UK) that show local haunts and tell real ghost stories and each state and/or island. Key West, Florida was the scariest thus far but the others weren't that scary. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunted_History

The story is called Elena Hoyos and the Mad Doctor. Please do not make the mistake that Celtic has made by looking it up.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

towelhead.

good but disturbinghmm

MY LIFE IZNT THAT HELL

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

o and paranoid. the one with jessica alba

MY LIFE IZNT THAT HELL

«First  <  1 2 3 4 510  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by

Quick Reply