Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Evil fine hair!!!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
Evil fine hair!!!

I have mousey-brown *shudders* really fine hair, and lots of it. (By fine I don't mean thin) and wondered if anyone had any tips for making it look un-greasy *waits for someone to say wash it - I do...it still looks greasy and just...yuk* and volumous (word?) product recommendations are welcome. :D Thanks :D
xx

He'll always be there singing songs in my head.

I believe in Sherlock Holmes.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I know this trick that helps make your hair LOOK less greasy. I use it when I come back after camping in the bush (you just don't get to wash your hair...) I put flour (as in plain cooking flour) along my part. if you dust it in really well it doesn't make your hair look grey at all, it simply makes it look fresh.

Yes, I will also admit that sometimes when I'm a lazy, grotty girl and havn't washed my hair for two days I use this trick before going out.

It works a treat!

-- Edited by The Snork Maiden on Tuesday 21st of December 2010 11:18:36 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Talcum powder also works, as long as you don't use too much (then it goes a funny grey colour).

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Just dunk your head under the faucet, grrl. Takes like two minutes WITH shampoo.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Lemondrop - my hair does get washed, with shampoo I might add. It's just limp and greasy looking in general, it's a hard look to explain.

Thanks for the iput peeps :)
xx

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Have you tried blow-drying it with a roundbrush? This really works for me for volume (my hair loves to be flat). Also, certain hairsprays will give your hair a healthy sheen.

You could also get it cut in a style that helps for volume. I've had this done before and it works a treat, just make sure you get a good hairstylist so they understand what you mean.

Have you tried volumising shampoo? This also works for me, so much that I can't wash it before I sleep other wise it stands up awkwardly at the roots when I wake up!

Hope these suggestions help.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Thanks Arlenmia - I'll give those ideas a go :) Fingers crossed :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I hope my advice works because my hair is the exact opposite of yours, really dry but very thick.

-I heard the Paul Mitchell Shampoo and Conditioner line thickens your hair.
-Olive Oil is another way to thicken your hair. (I <3 Olive Oil)
-Avoid putting conditioner on the scalp.
Link: http://www.hair-styles-secrets-revealed.com/oily%20hair.htm
-This site has natural remedies, conditioners, shampoos, and tips for oily hair.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Tigi Superstar products are bit expensive, but worth it! They give LOADS of volume and don't make it greasy at all - I've tried the shampoo and the hairspray.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Volumising shampoo will help.

Over washing your hair can be just as bad as not washing it often enough so if your hair gets greasy quickly it might be in response to harsh shampoo that encourages your hair to make too much oil.

Dry shampoo/talcum/flour/whatever is good for lifting grease but if your hair is really greasy then I would recommend only using it for one day otherwise it could just start to look dirty from it.

Regular Crew

Date:

My hair is exactly like that. Two things that I did that worked:
1. Tie it back in cool hairdos: Cornrows, bun, ponytail tied into multiple braids (I liked the last one particularly, back when I had butt-length hair).
2. Get a short haircut. I just did at the beginningof the school year, and my hair looks way poofier than I ever thought it could!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Wash your hair every day.
Get layers, lots of them.
Dye it, alot. It'll dry it out.
Use Aussie shampoo.
DYE IT.
DYE IT.
DYE IT.
Use dry shampoo.
Seriously, wash your hair in the morning. Every morning before school/college/work.

- Hannah Belle.

I hear the roar of a big machine,
Two worlds and in between,
Hot metal and methedrine,
I hear empire down.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Akiayama, over washing can cause hair to be greasier because it starts to "need" to be washed every day.

Blunt cutting can make hair look denser than texturised hair so make sure that layers are cut straight.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I have the same kind of hair as you, and my experience is that washing it often is the absolutely WORST thing you can do. Spikey have already explained why. If possible, try not to wash your hair with any kind of soap more than once a week. If your hair is like mine, washing it every day will eventually lead to it looking manky by evening. Rinsing your hair every day in as cold water as you can is okai though.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Honoured Mook

Date:

In my eyes it's a matter of, be in public with greasy hair, or wash it every day, if it's like mine, not much seems to work.
Except hair dye.

- Hannah Belle.

I hear the roar of a big machine,
Two worlds and in between,
Hot metal and methedrine,
I hear empire down.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

After I wash my hair, if I put mousse in it and then blowdry it, I always get a lot of volume, and it stays even if I don't wash my hair the next day.

Regular Crew

Date:

This was posted quite a long time ago but I thought I'd reply anyway, hope that okay!

I have exactly the same type of hair as you and used to have exactly the same problem so I actually stopped using shampoo or at least used shampoo with very little chemical ingredients (And no Sodium Laureth Sulphate which is like floor cleaner on my scalp!).

I also found using Bicarbonate of Soda mixed with water to make a paste a really good alternative to shampoo, it immediately took out the greasiness and even gave it a bit of volume! (It obviously doesn't foam up and feels a bit weird, but I loved it).
I experimented around with quite a few no-shampoo methods until I found something that stopped me having to wash my hair everyday and didn't flatten it.
Hope this helps a little bit! smile

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^Sweet-pea, do you know if the bicarb of soda thing strips dyed hair or not? I have thin dyed pink hair and I usually just wash it once a week with shampoo, but I'm thinking of switching to a no-poo method once this bottle runs out.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Regular Crew

Date:

Hm, I'm not sure, I have got bleached hair so it wouldn't effect it. I think I'd be a bit careful of using it on coloured hair, especially such an artificial colour as pink. Aloe Vera gel makes your hair lovely and soft and i think you can use it as an alternative to shampoo and conditioner, though I'm not 100% on that one as I've only used it once or twice as a conditioner! Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

For hair dyed in unnatural colours rincing it in water mixed with apple cider vinegar is a good alternative to shampo and conditioner. In my experience it actually makes the colour stay longer, plus making the hair softer and more shiny. However, I wouldn't say it gives more volume.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us