Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: The Weird Can

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
The Bishop!

Few people know about the Vatican's special hit squad! (an expose by the Monty Python team...)

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: The Weird Can

There was a man on the train today talking to a newspaper. Then I got talking to a wonderful group of goths :)

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

On the bus home last night, two drunk guys about my age burst into a rendition of 'Livin' on a Prayer' and a long haired old man down the back joined in with them. Made my day.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Reminds me of a time I was in London with my family, and we were heading back to the hotel on the underground, and as we were going down the escalators my dad, sister and mother were doing the time warp (I have no idea why; they were all pretty hyper) and these two middle aged men joined in.

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Sweet Demon made the mistake of singing the friends theme tune in a cafe in New York. Most of the room joined in, whilst his parents sat there blushing like mad.

Yesterday, City Boy and I worked out the amount of time in a day he spends asleep, and the amount of things he gets done in the same time and concluded he must be asleep for 80% of his transport time, 30% of his communication time and 40% of the time he's cleaning his office. What I didn't work out was how much of the conversation he was awake for, since he can apparantly talk, walk and smoke in his sleep.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My friend Sunglasses got a hilarious message on Facebook off some random saying this:
"Hey Sunglasses, I see you like Ministry of Sound. Come to London and I'll take you!"
To which he replied:
"What? Do I know you?"
And then the random said:
"No, Sunglasses, you don't, but you can stay with me any time!"
Then Sunglasses basically verbally assaulted him via Facebook message.

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I was on the last train home a couple of years ago. I was on my own, but the train was fairly full. We were all waiting for the train to leave, when these two guys with rucksacks on ran up to the train. One of them jumped in, as though the train were already moving, and the other one was dancing frantically outside. He said, "I need to get some booze!" and then asked the whole carriage, "Do you think I can make it to the offlicense and back before the train leaves?" His friend was chortling away on the floor of the train, and said, "I bet you a strongbow, you can't." So the first guy went, "YOU'RE ON" and raced away to the bottle shop.
Just as the train was about to leave (the whistle had been blown and everything), the man made it back, panting away. Everyone on the carriage cheered and clapped, as he threw himself down in the chair next to his friend. They both unzipped their rucksacks, and it quickly became apparent that they already had a fair amount of alcohol on them, before the offlicense trip was even made. They also had about ten or twenty earthenware mugs in their bags. One of them took out all of the mugs and set them down on the table infront of him, whilst everyone else in the carriage looked on in dismay. The other one got out his laptop and put on some Drum and Bass music.
Most people in the carriage began to rave madly, apart from two old gentlemen at the other end. As the rucksack men were pouring cheap cider into all of the mugs and passing them around to everyone on the carriage, one of the two old men made his way towards them. He said, "This music is awful!" The atmosphere suddenly went cold, as everyone's stomachs lurched. We were ready for a scene. The old man continued, "Can we listen to something else? Got any Bob Marley?" Incidentally, they DID have Bob Marley, so we listened to that, as the train rattled off into the night. Everyone had a cup of Strongbow, and we were all singing along to the music! When the ticket inspector turned up, even he had a bit of a rave with us!

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Regular Crew

Date:

So. I'm not exactly what one might call a good singer. But I love to sing anyway. So when I want to do so, I show some clemency and I go in a deserted area.
Last friday, I went in some random park, at ~20h. It was dark, y'know? Anyway, I sang. And it was horrible and most of the time I didn't even sing the whole song, but I was having fun and that was what mattered. At some point, I started hearing some rummaging in the trees. I figured it came from squirrels (which overpopulate Montreal like rats in medieval Europe, much to my joy) and ignored it, merrily singing on. But the rummaging wouldn't stop.
So I turned, suspiciously looking at a fir tree. AND THERE WAS SOME DUDE WHO CLIMBED DOWN FROM IT. o_o (Caps required.)

I fled stealthily, stunned and embarassed.

Honoured Mook

Date:

A house in my neighbourhood is being renovated and there is a building worker who's been whistling "Wind of Change" by The Scorpions since the first day ... -_-

Eine deutsche Mooky :)

My modeling account (German).

I also got a DeviantArt account. Please feel free to add me :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Austerlitz's ex is going to be doing an MSc in Nottingham next year. I am applying there to do an MA. She apparently said to Austerlitz the other day that if I ended up there too she'd quite like to live with me. WHAT ON EARTH. How do I respond to that?!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

And I need to post in here again because my housemate just rocked up at my bedroom door having bought me a present...a Christmas onesie. Just the thing now the heating's broken!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

There's a charity bin at the small retail park around the corner. This evening, my man and I braved the rain to deposit parcels there for the poor. While we were there, a random one-eyed guy drinking rum and coke out of a plastic bottle came and helped us, striking up a conversation.

We were glad for the help, but then a totally hammered hobo came around and snatched the bag. We didn't really mind since the stuff was for the poor, but the guy helping us got upset and violence appeared imminent, so we cleared out.

The drunk dude opened the bags to examine the stuff while the one-eyed guy looked on in disgust. We got in the car and my man was like GO GO GO. The drunk guy shambled over to the charity bin and started putting the stuff in. So I said to my man, "I guess he also wanted to give to the poor."

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I was walking through town yesterday and this random guy walked past and shouted "Kiss me!" to me...slightly random and odd O.o

PandaPrincess~!

Facebook :)

Tumblr :)

Etsy :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

A girl I used to go to school with had Ke$ha's face tattooed on her foot. Observe.

That'd be weird in itself, but Ke$ha actually mentions her in an interview. Observe.

I am a socialite, an artist, a poet.

Lady Moustache of Mooky

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

The government leaflet entitled 'what to do when someone dies' has, of all the logos of the possible government departments, the logo for JobCentre Plus is there.

Make of that what you will.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

You know those 'All you can eat in [insert location here]' adverts which often appear at the top of the forum page? Usually I get ones for Sheffield or Nottingham...I've been in Brighton for all of two hours and am already getting 'All you can eat in Brighton'. o.O

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

mikimetchi wrote:

A girl I used to go to school with had Ke$ha's face tattooed on her foot. Observe.

That'd be weird in itself, but Ke$ha actually mentions her in an interview. Observe.

OMGWTFLOL?!

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

Souljacker can't get my soul

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

candiclaus wrote:

I was on the last train home a couple of years ago. I was on my own, but the train was fairly full. We were all waiting for the train to leave, when these two guys with rucksacks on ran up to the train. One of them jumped in, as though the train were already moving, and the other one was dancing frantically outside. He said, "I need to get some booze!" and then asked the whole carriage, "Do you think I can make it to the offlicense and back before the train leaves?" His friend was chortling away on the floor of the train, and said, "I bet you a strongbow, you can't." So the first guy went, "YOU'RE ON" and raced away to the bottle shop.
Just as the train was about to leave (the whistle had been blown and everything), the man made it back, panting away. Everyone on the carriage cheered and clapped, as he threw himself down in the chair next to his friend. They both unzipped their rucksacks, and it quickly became apparent that they already had a fair amount of alcohol on them, before the offlicense trip was even made. They also had about ten or twenty earthenware mugs in their bags. One of them took out all of the mugs and set them down on the table infront of him, whilst everyone else in the carriage looked on in dismay. The other one got out his laptop and put on some Drum and Bass music.
Most people in the carriage began to rave madly, apart from two old gentlemen at the other end. As the rucksack men were pouring cheap cider into all of the mugs and passing them around to everyone on the carriage, one of the two old men made his way towards them. He said, "This music is awful!" The atmosphere suddenly went cold, as everyone's stomachs lurched. We were ready for a scene. The old man continued, "Can we listen to something else? Got any Bob Marley?" Incidentally, they DID have Bob Marley, so we listened to that, as the train rattled off into the night. Everyone had a cup of Strongbow, and we were all singing along to the music! When the ticket inspector turned up, even he had a bit of a rave with us!

wow ! that is totally amazing!! i want to be there it sounded awesome :D i love people like that

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've just been told I'm weird for liking cats too much...by my housemate who has just proudly announced she's made a festive outfit for her tortoise. ER WHUT.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

1. YOU ARE NOT WEIRD FOR LIKING CATS. That or we are both mental...

2. FESTIVE TORTOISE OMG. I always imagined a tortoise's shell being like an enormous fingernail, just waiting to be painted...

Lush Guru

Date:

I can do a really good turtle/tortoise impression.

Also, liking cats is COMPLETLEY NORMAL. Also, next door have a HAIRLESS CAT who I hadn't met but who jumped INTO the car yesterday. He is called Bob and is AWESOME.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

You know what they say,dogs have masters but cats have staff. ;) Cats are better than dogs any day,dogs are far too needy and eager to please.

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Annis, please try and get a photo of this festive tortoise!

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

skgogosfan wrote:

You know what they say,dogs have masters but cats have staff. ;) Cats are better than dogs any day,dogs are far too needy and eager to please.

Dave.

Is my dog some sort of cross then? Because she definitely has staff and no masters. Well, except possibly food...she'll do anything for food...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I tried to find a picture for you but amazingly there were none! I'll go and prod her for pictures now :D

Seriously, though, do you think dressing a tortoise up in festive outfits is weirder than thinking cats are amazing? Because I certainly do...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

CM-sounds like she thinks she's a cat. Poor misguided doggie. lol.

Dave.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

The cat we are catsitting thinks it is people. :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ She is an excellent cat.

This is Mavis the festive tortoise. Oh my.

This is definitely weirder than cat love, right?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Her name is Mavis. Mavis.

EPIC!

Oh and back to weird things...is it weird that I like to cover my face with swirls? (like in my avatar) I saw someone with them today. I thought I was the only one!

-- Edited by Celtic Mysteria on Sunday 26th of December 2010 09:02:20 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

_cinnamonstars wrote:

^ She is an excellent cat.

This is Mavis the festive tortoise. Oh my.

This is definitely weirder than cat love, right?

Awww that's cute! :)

Dave.

« First  <  Page 2  >   Last »  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us