Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: The Weird Can

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
As cunning plans go,four turnips out of five...

Nothing so complex I would say,just a cunning plan to ensure a successful reunion meeting. The inviter's profile and her picture are a made-up identity with a stolen picture created by someone who actually was in your year,but who wants to remain anonymous until the day. Her plan is to ensure everybody turns up precisely because they're all wondering who this person is and really want to know ; on the day she'll turn up with an Adele mask on,go "Hello,it's me!",whip it off,and everybody will go "Ahhh,it was YOU!"

[I approve of such elaborate scheming,btw. Just saying...]

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:
RE: The Weird Can

^^^Is it organised by your school or an individual? She might be an admin person who now works at the school but didn't go there back in your day.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Honoured Mook

Date:

^ Vic, that sounds like it might be it!

I stumbled upon a blog dedicated exclusively to Finnish penises. Bewildered.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It's a person who has invited 'everyone who went to [school] with me' on facebook. However, it transpires that she left school pretty early to be homed schooled as she was bullied by 'loads of stupid shits'... which now begs the question of why she want to invite everyone to a giant pizza party...

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ it amazes me the folk I know in high school who have people on their friends lists that i think "but they would literally blank you in the corridors!" Never underestimate what people wil do.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Resurrection time. On Friday night a friend of mine brought her two coworkers to the pub. They partied with our gang, one went home relatively early, the other stayed and was still there when I left around five in the morning. The last people there right before I left were me, him, my friend from work and some random dude none of knew who had joined our table. Friend from work and I left together so friend's coworker and random dude were the only ones left at the table. Friend's coworker hasn't showed up to work since and apparently the police are looking for him. WTF. 

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

My cracked tooth has been happily residing peacefully in my mouth for 2 years and today it came out just as I was nibbling on a very soft tortilla wrap, on this day of all days! I will now be unable to voice an opinion without drooling until the anaesthetic wears off at around 6 pm. Just wow.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookface (mod)

Date:

So I think The Weird Can is the best place to put this... My period is like, a week late. I'm pretty sure I'm not knocked up or anything, already taken one test and taking another in a few days just to be safe. BUT, and here is where the weirdness comes in, I looked at my cycle tracker and I was due to ovulate around 22nd/23rd of June. I'm pretty sure that Brexit stress made me skip my period!!

I just love the idea that my body was like 'hmm, we're screwed if we leave the EU, no ovulation for you this month - not worth risking bringing a child into the world right now' LOL

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That's brilliant. Not the late period, but your artist's impression of your ovaries' thought process.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Today, I was walking outside with niece and we heard the church bells ring. Out of the blue she asked me if I know who God is. Having a 4 year old asking you information about God (especially when you're an atheist) is quite weird. I wasn't able to answer her because all I could think about was the Georges Carlin number.

www.youtube.com/watch

Thankfully, we saw a squirrel and she quickly forgot God but she has an incredible memory and I know the next time I will see her, she will probably tell me that I didn't answer her question.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh Beansprouts asks questions like that now and again when she learns songs or whatever. Who was Noah? Why was baby Jesus born in a manger? What is a manger?

I answer with lots of "some people believe..." style answers.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

When I was ill recently, I started wondering about those masks that some people wear when ill to avoid passing on germs. It's a great idea... but what do you do if you need to sneeze? Take it off and sneeze into a tissue? I can't help but feeling I would fudge that up :P

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

In surgery, you sneeze into the mask because when scrubbed you can't touch your face and any droplets collect on the front of the inside of the mask or are propelled out the back and away from the patient. No idea what to do if you're out in public!

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

In surgery, you're unlikely to be grossed out by your own bodily fluids, given that you've got a lot of someone else's at stake.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh no, it's still gross.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Wow, really? I always assumed that if you've got your hands on literal squishy internal organs, you're past the point where your own squish bothers you.

I didn't really know where to put this, but I had to make this observation somewhere. So, lately there's been a lot of bad stuff going on in the news, in terms of attacks and horrible things both in Britain and worldwide. And, naturally, my Facebook feed is full of people expressing shock, saying that they're safe and sharing what they know with others.

But I've noticed lately that as well as all that, a Facebook friend (I know her from work and don't really speak to her much at all) keeps FLOODING facebook with posts about a Korean boyband? I don't know if she's doing it deliberately to distract and cheer people, to stop everyone's feeds getting too doom and gloomy or if this is how she deals with stress, but it's a very odd feeling because:-

A) I now know an awful lot about the fandom of this particular Korean boyband,

and

B) Eventually, we're all going to start seeing Korean boybands and think 'oh dear, what happened now?' because human brains are weird.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Double posting because weird is fun.

So, we're starting work on our Christmas show for Brownies (I know, I know, so early...) and one of the characters is a TV presenter who has a cardboard box TV on her head when she's 'presenting'. I was trying to put together some music for the background of a couple of little scenes, just a couple of seconds snippets for the opening of her news show and such and I thought 'hang on, this kinda sounds familiar...'

After flicking through my music, I realised that the song I was thinking of was none other than this. Because my brain was trying to think 'news' but instead of BBC, I get Panic!

Does that count as thinking INside the box or OUT of it?

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^That's amazing!

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

A couple of nights ago, my dog asked to go outside around midnight. I live in a small town and it's usually really quiet but that night, there was loud classical music playing (a religious choir piece from Mozart). I was curious so I decided to take a walk and find where it was coming from. An old lady who lives a block away was listening to it while dancing in her kitchen. I looked only for a second or two but she looked really happy and peaceful. The next night, around the same time, she started listening to old Edith Piaf's songs. She's been in the neighborhood for three years and I never heard music in her house before. I wonder what's gonna play tonight...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^I don't know why but this really touched me an made me smile

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

...I've forgotten how to flirt. A friend at work is trying to set me up with someone she thinks is interested. I started by sending a gif of an albatross... and then realised I don't know how to flirt.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^I read "I started by sending a gif of an albatross... and then realized I don't know how to fly"... :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

There has just been a person in my street making owl noises, weird in itself sure but now there is an actual random bird calling back, I know I live by a canal but this is a wind up surely!?

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Date:

^It's great that they can do owl noises but they need to increase their repertoire. Isn't what they're doing a bit like learning basic Russian and using it to try to impress a native speaker of French?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

It's was pretty impressive, or at least it would've been if they hadn't been doing it at 2am

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Angels+Eyeliner wrote:

...I've forgotten how to flirt. A friend at work is trying to set me up with someone she thinks is interested. I started by sending a gif of an albatross... and then realised I don't know how to flirt.

I don't know when people are flirting with me now! Over the course of the day I had one guy ask me to skip a meeting and go to the cinema, one guy take my hand and hold it in a Hollywood romance fashion and one go out of his way to wait for me after the meeting I didn't skip to give me a lift home. One of those guys is said to be gay (could be bi, I guess, but definitely had a fling with a guy at work), one of them goes on about always choosing the 'finest honeys' (phrasing that makes my skin crawl) and one of them some coworkers were trying to set me up with because... we're both single and have leather jackets, I think. It doesn't matter which of those guys is which, because I can't tell if any of that is flirty or not. 

Cinema guy (finest honey guy) who I thought was just super friendly and chatty (we work near to each other and it's been quiet lately) just asked me to be his Valentine... with four really corny Beauty and the Beast themed memes. And I was planning on asking lift guy out for a drink. And I did think the possibly gay guy was cute before I found out he was flingy with some guy at work. 

Urgh, What the fuck is my love life now?

Honoured Mook

Date:

My boyfriend and I are planning on getting married in 2019. If we actually go through with it, it'll have been exactly 100 years after the marriage ban on female teachers in my country was lifted. I'm a female teacher. This seems weirdly symbolic and somewhat fascinating. 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

There was a marriage ban on female teachers in your country?! I love the symbolism though, if he doesn't marry you I am certainly putting myself forward as a willing candidate to be your future wife :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

^Yep. Weird caprice of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Apparently teachers were entitled to special social security and as marriage was seen as a means of social security as well, they didn't want them to get both :/ Also, what I meant is if we actually do it in 2019 :) 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I know that's what you really meant, I just didn't want to miss out on the significance :)

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us