Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: So you joined Mookychick...

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:
So you joined Mookychick...

What next?

We really are a friendly bunch, but if you want to get to know us better and be a regular on this forum, it is best to get orientated before you start. Here is a (hopefully) helpful guide to being a mook:

1. Introduce yourself. Maybe you already have. This happens in the 'Welcome' section. You can start a new thread in that section to say hello, or you could just say hi in this thread <- see the link.

2. If you are simply here to sell us something, we probably won't take to kindly to it. However, if you are here to make friends and get involved, but you HAPPEN to want to sell something too, then you can do that in the 'Mookbay' section. If you do it in other sections, it will either be moved or deleted, and people might get annoyed. That would be sad.

3. At the top of the page is a tab called 'Search'. Scroll up and have a look now. Or click this link.Before you start a new topic, have a search and see if anyone else has answered your question before. If you don't do this, people will just tell you to go and use the search bar anyway, so you may as well start off on a good footing.

4. You might be wondering how to start a new topic. If you go into the section you want to put the topic in, there is a little button in the top right, which says "Start New Topic". However, it is nice when new members introduce themselves and post on some other topics before they jump in and start their own. It means you give a damn about the other people on the forum and you aren't just going to bugger off when we've answered your question.

5. So maybe you've seen all of the links in people's posts, and wondered how to make links yourself. Here is a little tutorial to show you how. If you just type a URL into your message, it won't automatically turn into a link, like on facebook. You have to do it yourself. If you make a nice little link, people are MUCH MORE LIKELY to look at whatever it is you want them to look at.

6. Please don't use html image tags, and add photos to the threads. If you want to show us a photo, then link us to it. You can use image hosting sites like tinypic or photobucket to house your photos. Big photos can take ages to load, if people are on slow connections, and sometimes photos aren't safe for school or work, and so linking them is much better than just having a great big pair of tits there on the screen with no warning.

7. You will notice, after you have posted, that there is an option to edit your post. Don't believe me? Have a look! You may not realise it, but this 'Edit Post' button will be a great friend of yours. We are not fans of double posting on this forum. If you left something out of your post, go back at edit it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

8. This forum is a discussion forum, and so posting things that don't add to the conversation isn't encouraged. Posts such as "^THIS", and "^lol" and "agreed", and "me too" don't add to a discussion. Posts like "I agree BECAUSE..." or "That made me laugh loads, you are so funny" are great. We like those. I know it is great to have a high post count, but actually engaging with people and making good friends is much better, don't you think?

9. If you want to say something personal to someone in particular, or want to communicate privately for any reason, there is a private message function. Just go on the profile of whomever it is you want to contact, and you will find a link which says, "Send Message".

10. Please post in proper English. Obviously, I don't mean to say that Americans can't leave out the U in "colour", because that's just how it is spelt there. Of course, there are mooks from all over the world here, and lots of them don't have English as their mother tongue, but they still manage to write coherent English. For their benefit, and indeed for ours, please don't write, "Me An Ma BbI bOi Wz Avin SeCz An I tOoK hIs V lIke" etc. You are not very likely to get a response, if you write like that.

11. There is nothing wrong with lurking for a bit. In fact, it is basically encouraged. Lurking gives you a sense of how the forum works, and what the rapport between the members is like. Sometimes newcomers don't understand the "banter" that goes on in our little messageboard, and think that we are being mean. We are essentially a really lovely bunch of people, so lurk a bit and get a feel for how we roll!

12. There is so much to do here. We have a Book Club, a style blog, and threads about almost everything you can imagine.

13. Enjoy yourself. If you have any questions about the forum, don't hesitate to ask one of the moderators, or one of the other members. You could always post a question HERE if you like. Just use your common sense, and you will go far. HURRAH FOR MOOKYCHICK.

-- Edited by candiclaus on Saturday 29th of January 2011 01:06:11 AM

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

I really, really love this.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

Me too.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I am glad! :)

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us