Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: so what are we having?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: so what are we having?

I accidentally put a tiny bit of cinnamon in the white sauce for my gnocchi. Actually works really well, surprisingly!

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Lush Guru

Date:

Butternut squash and sweetcorn risotto with roast chicken on the top. YUMMO.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Broccoli and meatless balls with italian-style pesto tomato sauce with olives. One of my favourite dishes. The vegan low-carb cruise continues!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I made a bento for dinner. I haven't made them for a long time so it's really messy but it was fun, tasty and surprisingly really filling.

I posted a photo and what was in the bento here!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Camargue red rice salad with pomelo, avocado, pepper, carrot and courgette in a coriander, mint, sesame, lime, agave and sriracha dressing, topped with candied smoked paprika pecans.

Just had to show off because it was SO delicious!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That sounds AMAZING!

I've made my lasagne for the first time in months and months and Jack is over the moon. :)

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Lush Guru

Date:

CANDIED PAPRIKA PECANS?! WHAT.

Fish pie! And a little bit of poached salmon for the cats, because today they are one!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Pecans aplenty.

A tablespoon or two of melted butter.

A good few tablespoons of brown sugar (to make a nice paste)
Half a teaspoon of smoked paprika.
A nice sprinkle of salt.

Mix everything together, tip into a baking tray and stick in the oven for about ten minutes. Mike and I nearly ate a whole bag of these between us the other day, they're absolutely heavenly.

-- Edited by _cinnamonstars on Wednesday 25th of March 2015 10:07:12 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Happy birthday, Alka's cats! Alkats?

I recreated my favourite takeaway dish, vegetable katsu curry ^_^ Saw the veg katsu curry bakes at Tesco so it was a real lazy meal, but so tasty. Veg katsu curry bake (the sauce & crushed peanut bits were spot on) with sticky rice, broccoli, spicy pickled veg and chopped up gherkins. Yum yum. Sometimes simple things are the best.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I made rooibos-smoked snoek tonight. South african food overload!! :) it was delicious.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I just had two amazing slices of toasted sourdough from a local bakery topped with Marmite, avocado, coriander, salt, pepper and lemon juice. It was so delicious (and the avocado was so perfect) that I want to cry.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hooray for perfect avocados!

too stupid for the bar

and

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Big sis made fried rice an chinese pork, now im not a big fan of pig products usually but that was niiiicce

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I made my morning porridge with orange juice this morning as an experiment, and it was surprisingly good!

too stupid for the bar

and

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^I wonder if it would work with apple juice.

I made the mistake of doing my food shop when hungry this week, so now my drawer in the fridge is full and I've had to spill onto other people's shelves. But last night for dinner I roasted some baby potatoes and vegetables with garlic and olive oil and herbs and it was amazing. I was really sad when I'd finished it all.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Porridge made with apple juice is getting quite close to being Bircher muesli, so I'm sure it would be pretty tasty!

I had caramelised banana and peanut butter porridge for breakfast this morning. It was HEAVENLY. Will 100% be repeating the experience tomorrow morning, even despite my stupidly early start.

Tonight I made crispy polenta squares with roasted cherry tomatoes and a spiced Mexican-esque salad. That was amazing too, but I think caramelised banana porridge takes the crown for best meal of the day.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I made houmous for the first time in ages, and baba ghanoush for the first time in ever, and I've eaten so much food as a vehicle to shovel it into my face that I feel rather unwell!

too stupid for the bar

and

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm doing herb crusted chicken (cheating by using the maggi papyrus things that were 50p at tesco) with pepper and mushroom rice tonight. I am looking forward to the noms.

He'll always be there singing songs in my head.

I believe in Sherlock Holmes.

Mookface (mod)

Date:

I'm eating a really simple spaghetti, just some sundried tomato paste, garlic puree, torn basil leaves and freshly ground black pepper... Oh god so good!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Today I'm making my first ever vegan lasagne! I'll let you guys know how it turns out. :)

too stupid for the bar

and

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

_cinnamonstars wrote:

^ Porridge made with apple juice is getting quite close to being Bircher muesli, so I'm sure it would be pretty tasty!

I had caramelised banana and peanut butter porridge for breakfast this morning. It was HEAVENLY. Will 100% be repeating the experience tomorrow morning, even despite my stupidly early start.

Tonight I made crispy polenta squares with roasted cherry tomatoes and a spiced Mexican-esque salad. That was amazing too, but I think caramelised banana porridge takes the crown for best meal of the day.

That porridge sounds amazing. Share your wisdom please, Annis! I need to experience that porridge ASAP.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I made paella (boring but still yum, tried to jazz it up a bit) and an apricot crumble. Crumbles are not my area, I'm not sure I've actually ever made one before, but I'm honestly so pleased with how this came out! I adapted a recipe and it worked so well. It's flipping delicious. It's not often that I'm 100% pleased with something I've made, I tend to always nitpick and find things I could have done better, but this is kind of perfection. Excuse my bragging, I'm just so pleased! It's for my family (as is the paella) so I hope they enjoy it, I might have to steal a piece.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I just had a fish sandwich. Nothing fancy. I think I want to do pulled pork sometime this week, but my mum doesn't like it.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I made a really tasty slow cooker hotpot thing tonight! Beef, four types of mushrooms (!), pak choi, potatoes, runner beans, water chestnuts, cabbage, and a nice from-scratch sauce/soup base. I've never cooked beef before so I'm glad I used the slow cooker, it came out incredibly tender ^_^ Quick plum crumble for dessert.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Spicy veggie soup, cheesy spicy flatbreads, and a rhubarb sponge with a crumble topping. I just kind of winged it for all three things but I'm pleased with how it all turned out, especially the dessert.

Lush Guru

Date:

Making an aubergine lasagne type deal, but with butternut squash and puy lentils instead of meat. Smells yummers so far!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Found a cheats way of making cheesy bread on pinterest so I'm gonna give it a bash

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm resurrecting this thread as I've actually been cooking now I live alone! I've made a king prawn curry in my slow cooker (I love my slow cooker) that I'm going to have with chips an rice, I've also got some veggie samosas an fruit for dessert

Honoured Mook

Date:

sassafras wrote:

I made houmous for the first time in ages, and baba ghanoush for the first time in ever, and I've eaten so much food as a vehicle to shovel it into my face that I feel rather unwell!

I've been meaning to try making baba ghanoush vor about a year now! But whenever I have aubergine at home I just grill it and eat it, haha. I had a recipe I got from a friend somewhere but god knows where, would you care to share yours? 

Noodles. Lots and lots of noodles. 

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

On tonight's menu is a chorizo and pepper tart with salad and a handful of garlic mushrooms

« First  <  Page 86  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us