Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Mooncup.

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: Mooncup.

1st trial over for le Mooncup. Worked really well and so easy to carry around(happened to start while over a friend's, so embarrassing and potentially hazardous but a steep learning curve)

All has gone well, you pick it up quick, first time to be safe of not dropping it I took it out in the shower; God it looks like a horror film =/
But used to it now and will not go back its so much simpler than anything else. All Hail the Mooncup!

Tumblr, Facebook

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by. 
 Douglas Adams

"The short answer to that is 'no'. The long answer is 'f*** no'." 
 Stephen Fry

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It definitely is a bit disconcerting at first but you do get used to it and if you're emptying it in the toilet then no horror film scenes required :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

it's my first day using my mooncup and after initial teething problems (now sorted thanks to stem trimming) the only thing I'm finding is after I've been for a wee the tiny bit of stem left (I had to trim it to the ridges on the stem to be comfy) seems to reposition and be uncomfortable until I sit down again. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? and why would it happen, it's not going to stop me using it but I'm curious.

He'll always be there singing songs in my head.

I believe in Sherlock Holmes.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I can't say I've experienced that, are you sure it's in properly cos it shouldn't move...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

After no such problems today I'm thinking I didn't have it quite far enough in. Thanks anyhow. X

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Just a minor safety announcement - if at any point you thing you might sneeze when inserting your mooncup, stop, sneeze then continue. I was ambushed by an enormous sneeze tonight it sort of went sneeze, SNAP, owwwwww! :/

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Got mine the other day in the post and used it for the first time today. It hurt so much putting in and pulling it out made me cry, I still feel sick and dizzy from it. ); I really want this to work though, currently trying to work up the courage to put it in again. );

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Is it the right size? I've never used it but I've looked at them several times and thought about it, and I was ALWAYS put off my fear of getting the wrong size cup...

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Yeah I checked it multiple times and it definitely is. I'm hoping that I just need to get used to using it. );

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hmmm :/ Maybe it's like shoes and you have to break it in a bit, ha. Bitta lube should help in the meantime!

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

It says use water to lubricate it and I did that. ); Just have to try and be brave heh. );

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Ugh! I don't think I'll be trying Mooncups any time soon. Good thing my periods have dried up to non-existance since I got my implant! Good luck getting it back in...

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

For the record it was totally fine once it was in and apparently it takes 3 periods to get used to it, don't let me put you off, I really want to believe in this product! D;

Tumblr

Honoured Mook

Date:

Hello guys. :)

Lately, I've been considering getting a menstrual cup and I wonder if you have any tips for me as to which brand is best for insertion/the least annoying while inside you. So far, I've heard of the Mooncup and the Diva Cup.
Are there any other, maybe less known products? Does the brand make a difference, e.g. are they shaped differently or something? Is there a brand you would recommend or another one that you wouldn't? Do you have any ideas how to make the transition (I currently use tampons) as smooth as possible? Tips for newbies?

You don't know me.
Never will never will

I'm outside your picture frame ...
... and the glass is breaking. 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I think they are all pretty much the same, just different names for each company that makes it. I know there are softcups as well which are slightly different but i dont think they are reusable....

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

orangensaft wrote:

Got mine the other day in the post and used it for the first time today. It hurt so much putting in and pulling it out made me cry, I still feel sick and dizzy from it. ); I really want this to work though, currently trying to work up the courage to put it in again. );

I found a bit of waterbased lube worked a treat for making it more comfortable to put in, and make sure you've definitely broken the suction when you pull it out. :) I was much more comfortable with it after a few times of putting it in and taking it out. x

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Lulu-fifi wrote:
orangensaft wrote:

I found a bit of waterbased lube worked a treat for making it more comfortable to put in, and make sure you've definitely broken the suction when you pull it out. :) I was much more comfortable with it after a few times of putting it in and taking it out. x

Thanks, it still hurt but was definitely a lot easier the second time. (: I don't think I did break the suction the first time, will try and remember that for next time.

Tumblr

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

A few months in and I have become an very happy Mooncup user, it's well worth the money spent although it does take a few gos to use it correctly, it's not too hard.

Just bought a load of reusable sanitary towels so my periods are waste free from now on. (:

Tumblr

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I bought a mooncup this morning after spending the night leaking blood like a ketchup bottle shot full of holes.

I am a little nervous about using the mooncup as I have trouble even with putting tampons in, and the mooncup looks kind of big painful and to insert.

That being said, I am at my wits end with tampons and sanitary towels. Even when I use both together I still have trouble with leakage, and I'm constantly having to change them. Also they are a pain to buy and relatively expensive.

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

You fold the mooncup before you insert it so it's not as big as it looks. On reeeaaally heavy nights I did sometimes still leak with a mooncup but it wasn't as bad as with a tampon.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I still doubt I could get the folded mooncup in. Or out. It'll probably take some time to get used to using one!

Anyways, I shall be very glad to bid farewell to sanitary towels and tampons. Especially the scented ones.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I find the second method easiest: http://www.mooncup.co.uk/about-the-mooncup/how-do-i-use-the-mooncup.html

Just need to practise I guess

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Method 2 felt too much like oragami for me! lol!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

My mooncup just arrived this morning, and being the impatient (and curious) person that I am, I decided to try it straight away.

OW OW OW OW FRICKING OW. If my hyman wasn't already broken it sure as hell is now. Getting it in seemed completely impossible, but after much swearing I finally managed to get it in place.

Once it was in position I couldn't feel it at all which was absolutely brilliant, and it was much more comfortable than a tampon. However, taking it out again was very painful! For a moment I was convinced that it was stuck and that I'd have to live with it like that for all eternity.

I think I'm definitely going to need more practice! I've also decided that if sex is as painful as that I am quite happy to stay a virgin until the day I die...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Bought my mooncup yesterday, at last!

I must admit, I freaked out when I took it out of the box and saw how big it was, but then I also saw how soft and easy to fold it was. After I had a fiddle around with the two different ways of folding it, I decided I'd give it a shot and put it in. I folded it the first way (just folding it in two) which was awkward for me, and lead to it opening before I got it in, and my er... urethra, getting a smack of the mooncup opening out abruptly :P.

After some swearing and laughing at myself, I decided to give it another shot. I folded it the second way (the oragami way as Spikey says haha :)) and this was MUCH easier for me. The second way means the mooncup is tapered, which means once you pinch it between your finger and thumb it will stay that way as you insert it. With the first way you're just folding it over, and yes it makes it smaller, but I found it was harder to hold to keep it folded over, meaning it opened too early, meaning my bits are now a little sore. :P So yes, second way all the way for me.

Also, I had to trim the stem a little. The little booklet you get with the mooncup is very helpful and tells you how to do that and answers lots of other questions too.

I'm currently wearing it and it feels very comfortable. Another advantage of it is that it doesn't mess with the wetness of your nunu. I always found tampons to be very uncomfortable because they did this very thing. The only problem I've had with it is I don't think I've gotten the angle of insertion quite right. It feels like it's putting a little pressure on my rectum (sorry, I know it's a bit TMI, but we're all grown-ups here :P) and it's not sore at all but a little uncomfortable. I can definitely deal with this sensation, even if it is a little weird.

-- Edited by Indigo Empress on Monday 19th of November 2012 02:53:53 PM

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

If mine felt a little out of place I gave it a little tugin case I had pushed it too far in.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I didn't ever know this when I was a-mooncuppin', but the other day when I had my dildoscan, they told me that my ladyparts curve in a different direction to usual, so maybe that's what yours do. Apparently it is really common, it's just that the MOST common way is the way that all the tampon and mooncup diagrams show. Mine goes the other way. Still, I didn't know that variation was possible.

I found removing the mooncup much more sad than putting it in, if I remember rightly.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I tried a menstrual cup a few months ago...I got a free sample from health services of the disposable ones. I actually really liked them! However, taking them out was a bit messy...and I didn't tell my boyfriend that I was wearing one, and during frisky times he was probably very confused as to why there was plastic in my vagina.

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I absolutely love my mooncup now, I'm never going back to tampons!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Currently researching the softcups, they recommend even though im slim with no previous babies or anything, that i go up a size because of my height (5'8) anyone else had to do this or come across this?

'Driving My Tea' Since 22.02.2011
«First  <  14 5 6 7  >  Last»  | Page of 7  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us