Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Hair Care Lair - Where even more hair related threads will come to dye...

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
Growing Hair and Idea?

invest in the Aussie 'de-frizzer' cause i have exactly the same problem with my hair, i took it from black to blonde last year, so its very fragile, got a thinning hair cut, and now if i dont tame it look like i have a crazy mullet (which is cool... but not my syle :P) i also use Schwartkotf gliss shampoo and aussie 3 miinute miracle conditioner, and then the magic milk when its wet, i swear by it my hair feels so amazing, and has abit of weight to it so it doesent go mad so fast...

-- Edited by Abiphoto on Thursday 25th of June 2009 07:30:57 AM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I think I will have to get more Aussie products and a hair serum. Thanks!

The Harlequin Horrors are here!

Honoured Mook

Date:
quickest way to get semi permanant dye out of my hair?

i love love love my purple  hair but for the summer its too much effort so im going back blonde till september so i need to get this out of my hair quick so i can go to the hairdressers with my mom and have her pay to get it out...it needs to be out by next friday....help.

whats work for you?

The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue. Dorothy Parker

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Wash your hair at least every day. Nothing strips hair dye like shampoo :( Apparently Head and Shoulders in particular is unkind to hair dye, but I've never tested this myself. I also read somewhere yesterday that vinegar strips blue dye out, so maybe it works for purple too? Do NOT know how accurate that info was though.

It may be nasty to your hair, so if you're gonna do this, get some intensive conditioner as well, but pre-lightner was excellect for getting rid of my black hair.

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: Growing Hair and Idea?

Gosh, your hair is GORGEOUS. And I'm not even gonna start on henna- it's been praised enough already, but it worked wonders on my hair.

And I've never heard of aussie products. Is it an australian or british thing or something? Because I'm visting london in a month and I might want to look into that.

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: quickest way to get semi permanant dye out of my hair?

arrrgh i have asked everyone for months which looked better the purple or the blonde...and i find outn after washing my hair with shampoo ten times that apparently the purple is nicer......im gonna cry...anyone wanna come to dublin and dye my hair back to my beloved purple

The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue. Dorothy Parker

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Growing Hair and Idea?

Thank! Aussie products are sold in Britain and even Northern Ireland! They are really good quality and wokr wonders for hair! You should get them!

The Harlequin Horrors are here!

Regular Crew

Date:

Thanks, I think I will.
I really like natural products, especially when not tested on animals, but maybe I could give this stuff a try...it sounds great!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
Inspire me!

I've decided that despite my stupid job's strict 'NO unnatural hair colours' policy, I'm going to take the plunge and get some cheeky pink bits in my hair. I've wanted pink hair for sooooo long and obviously just dying my entire hair pink isn't an option.

So, my question is, where can I put some sly pink streaks which I can easily hide underneath a ponytail and baseball cap? I want them to be noticeable when my hair is down and not at work, I also want them to look good. I just really need to be careful that they won't be visible when I'm at work.

My hair currently looks like this, although I usually wear it straight.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

gosh, you are pretty! smile.gif

You could get some pink clip-ins that you can take out while at work - that way you can put them on the top of the blonde without worrying about them being seen at work.

Pink streaks in blonde hair is a pain to keep looking good - when you wash it you have to be sure not to get the pink in amongst the blonde so it doesn't stain it while you're shampooing...I miss my blonde and pink but it was quite hard work, especially on the days where you just want to shove your head under the shower and give it a quick rinse!

Regular Crew

Date:

I was gonna suggest doing the fringe too.
A friend of mine had thicker bangs than you, and she split them north/south and then just died the underhair pink. It was ever so slightly visible- but not really. Then, when she wanted something more auspicious, she pined back the blonde to show the pink.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I agree with Spikey, clip-ins, very low maintence and you can change the colours about, and maybe wear them to work to see what reaction you get before you dye your hair.

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."

"You can be insane and still be a good person." - EA

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: So i'm probably a complete idiot.. but does semi-perm black dye exist?

you mean the color of your roots? Because.. well.. hair color is genetic i don't think dye can change the natraul color of your hair

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: Black to blonde hair, oh my!

ok so i did it!

I used bell Blonde lightner!

It worked!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Ive finally got the rest of the orange out of mine. Ive spent months using expensive lighteners that did fuck all. And do you know what finally worked? Superdrugs own lightener. Bastards. Ive spent a small fortune, I didnt realize it was going to be that good.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
RE: Inspire me!

Aww, thanks frank and spikeyfaerie *blush* :)

A lot of people have said clip in's before but I'm a big fan of actually dying my hair...As for testing out work's reaction by wearing clip ins I don't need to, I've already asked my manager what he'd do and it wasn't a good answer. Also it says veryyyy clearly in the Domino's handbook that colourful hair is a nono :(

However, the suggestion of doing my fringe is highly appealing...Because I have to wear a hair net, my fringe is all pushed back and under my hat for work anyway so it would be ridiculously easy to hide.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Now, I can understand why big corporate companies such as Marriott (my old job) would have a very strict no weird hair colour rules...but Domino's?!?! Dye your hair and tell them to shove it if they don't like it.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I dyed my hair black. The roots grew back blonde. I have heard of people who had naturally very light hair and dying it has caused it to grow in darker but then, you don't know if their hair was naturally going to get darker anyway...I used to be very very light blonde when I was a child but once I hit teens it got darker naturally (way before I started colouring it).

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

Fringe would indeed be easy to hide if a hat is part of your uniform. I have some sections of pink hair in the underneath layers which looks really cute when my hair is out or in plaits, but is almost unnoticeable when my hair is tied back. Not sure if it would be quite so easy to hide in blonde hair, so the fringe is probably your best bet, especially if work is strict (which is fair enough).

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

When I first dyed my hair black my auburn roots turned bright orange, and when I went blonde they turned black. Now their back to normal, but it's a very odd thing...

I have a blog:
Blog

Lush Guru

Date:

My roots/natural hair looks different colours depending on what else I have in my hair, that could be a reason I guess.

I'm that shade of light brown, next to bright blonde it looked so dark, now it looks mousy.

Lush Guru

Date:

Spikeyfaerie wrote:

Now, I can understand why big corporate companies such as Marriott (my old job) would have a very strict no weird hair colour rules...but Domino's?!?! Dye your hair and tell them to shove it if they don't like it.

Why? It's in the rules so she'd be asked to remove it and then if she didn't she'd be dismissed. It's not worth losing your job over pink hair, fun as it is.

I think maybe the fringe and all front part of your hair? Like a frame. I might have to get pictures because that's not a very good explanation. Anyway, it'd all be hidden by those sexy caps you get to wear.

I totally sympathise with you working there though, do you still have to wear beige slacks?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

loserbuttercup you are so pretty poppit!

I think a pink fringe would definetly look brilliant on you, plus you could pin it up and give yourself a big pink quiff! I always think that looks amazing.

I had no idea Dominoes were so strict about snazzy hair colourings.

I have a blog:
Blog

Lush Guru

Date:
RE: Black to blonde hair, oh my!

We are incredible :P

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Alka wrote:

Spikeyfaerie wrote:

Why? It's in the rules so she'd be asked to remove it and then if she didn't she'd be dismissed. It's not worth losing your job over pink hair, fun as it is.

I knooooooooow that, I just didn't see Domino's being the type of company who'd worry about a bit of hair colour.  Maybe the telling them to shove it was a bit harsh...anyway, they'd have to go through disciplinary process before they could sack her since it's not going to be classed as a gross misconduct (theft, assault, majorly breaking health and safety etc) so they couldn't sack her straight away.

Maybe you could write to the head office and ask them why they view hair colour so negatively?  I always wanted to ask Mr Marriott about lots of stuff but I knew the kind of answer I'd get so I didn't bother.  I've always viewed Domino's as a kind of "student job" (not to offend anyone who does work for them but you know what I mean...the kind of place which doesn't discriminate about hair and stuff because they'll get a lot of students applying and a lot of people who'll be a bit alternative).

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

A lot of fast food places have a similar uniform policy - I suppose they can afford to with the number of people who would apply for jobs there. Though writing a letter could still yield an interesting result. I'm sure there are not as many customers these days who would be concerned by being served by someone with pink hair.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Alka wrote:

Spikeyfaerie wrote:

I think maybe the fringe and all front part of your hair? Like a frame. I might have to get pictures because that's not a very good explanation. Anyway, it'd all be hidden by those sexy caps you get to wear.

I totally sympathise with you working there though, do you still have to wear beige slacks?

I think I get what you mean about framing my hair with pink, it sounds pretty cool. I think I'm gonna ask my manager again if I can dye my hair pink. Last time I asked him I said I wanted it all over, so he was like NOOOOO, but if I tell him I'm gonna do it in such a way that it will be hidden, he might be nicer about it.

Luckily, about 6 months into me working at Domino's they finally realised that black trousers are a much more humane and nicer looking option :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^ I totally didn't know that...I assumed fast food places would be one of the few with rather relaxed rules about hair colour.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I didn't realise Domino's would be so strict before I applied either, otherwise I don't think I would've bothered. I don't know if other places are so strict though, all the McDonalds and Burger Kings near me have a few pierced, tattooed and colourful hair coloured staff.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Spikeyfaerie wrote:

I used to be very very light blonde when I was a child but once I hit teens it got darker naturally (way before I started colouring it).

THANKYOU

No one belives me when I say this is what happend to my hair (before it got colored)

same thing. i was once blond.. then it turned light brown.. now it's a pinkish blond (before i dyed it purple, i did light light blond so the fading is resulting in a pinkish strabery blond)

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us