Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Hair Care Lair - Where even more hair related threads will come to dye...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Black to blonde hair, oh my!

Yes can you please answer for me too? lol Ive put a few dyes on so far but the bottom is still really dark so Im having to go to an outlet and get the stuff but I dont know where the nearest one is for a start. Can I just go to the hairdressers and get some off of them?

Baby Mook

Date:

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I have natrually black hair (yes, that means I was born with black hair) because my parents were born with black hair too! Everyone thinks I'm lucky - but I know I'm not!!!!! I am SO jealous of people who are natural blonde. I tried everything to dye it brown but nothing works! HELP!

Baby Mook

Date:

Starsfade you have helped a lot! biggrin :) BUT- If it turns light orange can you dye it another colour over the top? I'm talking gentle wash-in-wash-out dyes over the orange.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Well my ahir went ornage and yellow after Id dyed it a few times and Ive put purple over it. It looks really nice, and the ends of gone like a light brown colour. I forgot purple over yellow does that lol. When this has washed out in a few months Im going pillar box red.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

^Sounds good. Can we see a picture?

And may I ask why you didn't go red now, and purple in a few months?

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Because my friend had some purple dye, and after all the dye I had already bought I couldnt afford to buy more, plus I like purple smile.gif Dont have any pics, will try and get some soon.

Date:

aha, yeah that makes sense.
Once in a while, I dye my hair just with the leftovers from previous colour changes.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Honoured Mook

Date:

@Twilight Falls: I don't really recommend 40vol as every time I've used it, it has seriously screwed with my hair. I'd recommend 30vol rather than 40, even if you have to touch it up later. It's just scary how strong 40vol is :S

Baby Mook

Date:

Um, hey, so. I've dyed my hair black only once or twice, but I've dyed it brown maybe 4 times before that. I decided I wanted part of my fringe blonde, so I left it for about 4 months but continued to dye the rest of my hair black. I recently used a prelightener to strip the remaining black/brown dye (which had faded significantly) so it was a dark orange, although the roots were yellow-blonde as they were my natural colour (dark blonde). I bleached it just now, and now it's mostly pale to medium orange, although the roots are platinum. I was wondering.... At this point, waiting time aside, do I bleach it again to a yellow colour and then use toner to get it ash blonde, or do I dye it ash blonde? Would ash blonde cover the ginge? Would the orange give it an orangey tone if I did that? Would the colour be uneven because my roots are so much lighter than the rest of it?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I know plenty of people have been pointing this out, but seriously, when going from black to blonde: PATIENCE IS DEFINITELY A VIRTUE.

I had jet black hair for aaaaages, and it's taken me nearly two years to get it blonde.

I used to wash my hair with shampoo every day, and this made the black eventually turn to dark brown. Then I just kept getting highlights every few months and eventually my hair got lighter and lighter, until the other day I put that Perfect 10 stuff on my hair (my money has run out to keep getting it done professionally, but if you can afford it, I would highly reccommend going professional), and it is practically blonde now. Yeah, this has taken me AGES, but my hair is in pretty good condition.

Regular Crew

Date:

Yep, took awhile and many stages through. It helps to have naturally light colored hair.
Also, it helps to put in a red tone when it's lightening up. A good friend of mine lightened her hair just barely to a chocolate cherry color, and then stopped dying it completely and it faded to blonde.

Regular Crew

Date:

okay i have read the majority of posts on here.

my situation is i've been dying my hair black for about 6 years, but im 21 now and i am getting sick of looking like a little emo... :P

so i originally wanted to bleach then dye it blonde but after reading various hair related horror stories i decided i would bleach and then go a vibrant coulor maybe pink or nancy hayton (hollyoaks) red, is this equally as damaging as the black, bleach to blonde regime or not?

im not silly and i dont want to ignore the warnings of hair loss and what not so...yeah.

ty, Ms Vegas.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Growing Hair and Idea?

So at the moment I am growing my hair much longer. I am getting thinned and cut just so it's nice and healthy and dosn't end up a shit load of split ends. I have a few problems though. My hair seems to demand to be thick and make my head look like a ball after just one wash since I got it thinned. My hair seems to love going in to ringlets even after straightening (I have given up on straightening due to it being to damaging to my hair) which would be nice if my hair was longer, but now it just looks horrible. Has nayone got any tips on how to resolve this problems?
My idea for my hair is that I will get the front layered then on the lower layers I will temporarily dye it like plum/black-ish and then just get it out for going back to school. What do you all think?

The Harlequin Horrors are here!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I ususally use GHD's or Nicky Clarkes, but my hair is so thick I can't use heat protector or it won't straighten properly and without it my hair goes really frizzy and ugly. There is only one place I knowl locally that does chemical straightening and apparently it is shit so that is a no for me, but thanks for the suggestion.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

If your hair is already damaged then chemical straightening might not be the best option.

What kind of shampoo/conditioner do you use? Make sure it's not a volumising kind, that should help a little bit in stopping it puffing up when you wash it. Try not to overwash it either, every couple of days should be fine so long as you're not loading it with products.

There's a how to wash your hair guide somewhere on mooky that was quite good if I remember...

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I wrote the how to wash the hair article. My hair isn't currently damaged, but it is damaged easily. I use tresseme shampoo and condition, but sometimes I use Head and Shoulders due to dandruff. I do only wash it every few days.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Glitter Eyes wrote:

I wrote the how to wash the hair article. My hair isn't currently damaged, but it is damaged easily. I use tresseme shampoo and condition, but sometimes I use Head and Shoulders due to dandruff. I do only wash it every few days.

Teehee!!! I thought it was a good article smile.gif

Honoured Mook

Date:

Have you tried using Aussie 3 minute miracle Frizz Remedy? I have thick wavy hair that gets pretty frizzy and that's the only thing that keeps my hair under control.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Spikeyfaerie wrote:

Glitter Eyes wrote:

Teehee!!! I thought it was a good article smile.gif

Thank you!

Camouflage Panda @ I have tried it. My hair still demanded to be poofy after, but the frizz was under control. With my hair it seems to be one or the other.

Date:

well, if you can stand it, cutting down on the washing to max once a month it's going to do wonders for your hair.

Also, I've noticed that the water quality makes a huge difference. The best treatment I've ever given my hair is washing it in cold water from the river. Some old birds have also sung in my ear that collecting rainwater for hairwash is a good beauty tip.
I haven't tried that one, but I probably should since the chalky water where I live now wreaks havoc on my poor hair.

Luckily, I get anti-frizz spray for free, so I manage :)

By the way, on the hair colour: It sounds awesome. I had an acquaintance once, of the fair, freckled, redhaired type, who dyed his hair pitch black. It looked great. Not natural at all, but really cool.
The black was brown toned black though, not blue. I suppose you also look best in warm tones?

-- Edited by Irilar on Monday 8th of June 2009 01:33:21 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh, that sounds lovely Irilar! I think I'll try that and I know the perfect little river!

Date:

Nice! I also think it's a lovely little ritual to wash my hair in the river. So different than just doing it in the shower. I should probably add it to the "things that make me happy" list :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I think I would just collect water from the river and bring it home. The rivers around where I live are in public forests.

Date:

Yeah, then I suppose a skyclad little hair-cleansing ritual can easily become awkward :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've just put my hair up a bit like La Roux's and I think I might go with that sort of style whilst my hair grows. I'll put up pics when I perfect it.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

So, I retried styling it just to be sure I liked it and I took the result with my web cam. Here they are LINK. What do you Mooks think?

-- Edited by Glitter Eyes on Tuesday 9th of June 2009 06:03:55 PM

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ I like that hair style :)

Sorry, I'm not being very constructive today.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It's alright! I just want peoples opinion then don't have to be constructive.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I really like it, and your hair colour is gorgeous!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Yeah, looks cool!

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us