Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Body Mody - All Piercing and Tattoo related posts

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: Body Mody - All Piercing and Tattoo related posts

Mine STILL gets itchy sometimes. avoid anything lacey and holey like jumpers and such while healing.
It doesn't change the shape of the breasts or nipples at all, though they will be a little bit bigger that first month because you're body is going "What the hell is this? Get this out!"

Other than that it's the same as any other piercing, don't baby it too much, I usually just clean mine once a day in the shower and if they act up I give them a little saline soak at night. If they keep oozing, breast feeding pads work great at bra protectors.

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Not a 'mod' as such but I was wondering if anyone has any experience of laser tattoo removal because I've found a really good deal on Groupon and I've been thinking about removal for a couple of years now which is kinda silly seeing as though I only got my tattoo like 4 and a half years ago ha.

Forget the horror here.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

From what I gather Martha it's got mixed results, black is the easiest to remove and red is the hardest. What does your tattoo loo like? Is a cover up not feasible?

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

It's only a small group of coloured stars with a bit of shading on my wrist, unfortunately 3 of the stars are some of the hardest colours to remove (purple, yellow and turquoise).
The main objective for me would be to lighten the black outlines and the shading so I can get a cover up but with how it is at the moment I can't find any suitable cover ups that'll work.

I'm hoping I can fade it as much as possible and then I can see what a tattooist can do with it!

Forget the horror here.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I would speak to the tattooist first before any removal work. See what they recommend

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ I spoke to one in January maybe? I've definitely spoken to one this year anyway and that's what they recommended rather than just a full on cover up.

Forget the horror here.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I had my rook pierced today! It was almost completely painless, by far one of the least painful of the cartilage piercings I've had, only beaten in that regard by the conch. When I had my industrial and my tragus done, I felt every miserable milimetre of the needle the whole way through. This one, I felt the needle go in, but I wouldn't have known it had gone through if she hadn't told me.

Honoured Mook

Date:

^ I have my rook done on both ears and they're my favourite piercings next to my tongue. It's such a cute one.

While I'm here, I'm contemplating a new piercing or two. I haven't been pierced for yeeeears. Either my conch or tragus (both eventually on both ears, not at the same time because I sleep on my side and it just wouldn't work out!) or both sides of my nose. Decisions, decisions!

Eccentric Blue Haired Ecdysiast & Self Professed Dildo Nerd

Answers to Daisy or Little Spoon :) x

Lush Guru

Date:

Both sides of nose crew checking in! Do it do it do it.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ both sides of nose also! Do itttttttttt :)

Forget the horror here.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I was going to say both sides of the nose!

Does anyone have any experiences of the snug? I've been contemplating it for a long old time but I hear it's a bitch to heal.

Also I'm looking at my next tattoo, which will also unfortunately function as a coverup for the one currently residing there, but I am not massively looking forward to the underboob on-the-rib tattoo pain again.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Don't have any personal experience with snugs, but I do know that they're so hard to heal that there's a fair few piercers that refuse to do them. Faux snugs however, look just as good and are meant to be much easier. But also, I agree with eveyone else, both sides of the nose would look great!

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yeah, my piercer was telling me today that only yesterday she had to advise a girl who'd had her snug done and had pretty much the same thing happen as our own lovely Harlan, where the piercing has become so swollen the jewellery had been engulfed.

This is how my left ear is currently looking. My right ear is much more conservative, with only an industrial and BRAND NEW TODAY a daith, which was a bit of a wincer but nothing too extreme. Oh, and it bled like a mofo for all of two minutes.

I'm going to treat myself to some super swanky Anatometal amethyst bullets tips for my nips whilst my boyfriend calls me body mod obsessed as though it's an insult.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Eep! I have no snug experience but yeah, I mean I'm sure the same thing could happen with other piercings, but that story would kind of put me off just because BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, wish I hadn't.

Anyway, your ear is looking gorgeous if I may say so. Such a cool little assortment of pretties, it's hard to have a lot of piercings without things looking crowded but yours are perfect. And daith piercings are lovely, congrats on your new addition!

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Honoured Mook

Date:

Mookyfolk, I need your wisdom and critical opinions! I have my left nostril pierced and I wear a ring in it. I'm thinking about getting the other one pierced as well but I'm not sure if so much metal in one place wouldn't look shite (considering I'm not aiming for the 'heavily pierced' look). Especially because I don't want to get it done symmetrically, I want it closer to the base of my nose than my other piercing is and only wear a stud in it. Thoughts?

-- Edited by Ootchitellca on Thursday 28th of January 2016 08:56:42 PM

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I think the assymetrical style could look really nice, especially if you wore the same type of metal in both piercings.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I think you've probably all heard me at some point say I'd never get a tattoo, but I've had a design in my head for a little while now that I'm actually considering. I doubt I'd actually take the plunge, but if I did I'd be terrified of picking the wrong artist and ending up with a shit version of my idea. How do you find a tattoo artist who is right for you?

too stupid for the bar

and

Lush Guru

Date:

GET A TATTOOO THEY ARE THE COOLEST.

You gotta just get all lookin' at stuff. I start with ones close by, because y'know, convenient, and then if you can't find someone you like close by, start looking a bit further away.
Does the design lean towards a particular style? I would start on instagram by having a look at the tags for the appropriate designs. Like dotwork if it's pointillist stuff, blackwork if it's going to be no colour, old school if it's a really traditional "sailor" tattoo, new school if it's brightly coloured/almost cartoonish.

What's the design? I might be able to recommend someone.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Personally when I was looking around for a new tattoo artist I went to a tattoo convention an nosed around at everyone working, then checked everyone on there websites

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Honoured Mook

Date:

Got my nipple pierced yesterday after wanting it done since... well, I started getting pierced. I love it so much.
I actually have weirdly not even remotely sensitive nipples (most of the time anyway) and found the piercing process barely felt like anything was going on at all. It twinges occasionally now but still is probably my least painful piercing next to my tongue.
Anyway, I purposely got it on my right which is my 'bad' boob - it's the droopy one I used to be quite embarrassed about. BUT NOT ANYMORE :D

V pleased, 10/10, would recommend to anyone considering it (with an experienced piercer though).

-- Edited by PinCushion Princess on Tuesday 28th of June 2016 06:29:28 PM

Eccentric Blue Haired Ecdysiast & Self Professed Dildo Nerd

Answers to Daisy or Little Spoon :) x

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ Congrats on the stabbing!
I also used to have hardly any sensation in my nipples and getting them pierced has definitely helped!

Forget the horror here.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm a few hours away from a consultation for nipple tattoos! Eeeek!

I used to have flat, sensitive nipples, and since having them pierced I've had permanently erect, super sensitive nipples. All win.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Once again dipping my toe into this thread!

The idea is getting a tattoo of drosophila melanogaster (a fruit fly). For those of you who don't know, drosophila was the first organism to have its genome sequenced, and was the subject of basically all of the early work on genetics. I came up with the idea after a drunken discussion with Jack about how the rise of science in society has lead to people scorning spirituality, and whilst I am not a religious person I think knowledge without wonder or creative application actually leads to a lack of understanding. We started joking about a science style religion, where drosophila was holy and people left fruit out for the great genetic beginning, and I was sold. I think that it's kind of lovely that something that is traditionally a pest and that is quite simple and ugly has offered us the key to our very beings, as really poncy as that sounds (i did a philosophy degree, can you tell?).

The problems are whether it is a terrible idea that I will get bored of, where I can place it so it is not visible in scrubs (I want to be able to see it, so back placements are out, I don't personally want a chest piece, and whilst my ideal placement is likely forearm this is too visible for my professional life), and what design (alternating between a simple dot or linework design and something perhaps a bit more geometric). Any tips, mooks? Is this a stupid idea?

too stupid for the bar

and

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I think it's a great idea Charlie! As for placement how's about hip?

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Assuming my work says it's ok, I want to get an eyebrow piercing. Piercings are kind of absurdly expensive around here so I've done all my previous ones (ear lobes & cartilage) with the help of a friend and his medical needles. I'm a little hesitant about doing an eyebrow myself tho, but it's pretty much just in one side, under the skin and out the other, right?

Lush Guru

Date:

Upper arm C-Bear? Or just above your knee, then you could get a bee on the other one! I've already told you, I LOVE THIS IDEA GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I really like the idea, Charlie!

So, I had my nipples tattooed today, which was pretty painful but nothing unbearable. The worst part of all was that, even though they're about three years old, the swelling from the tattooing caused my nipple piercings to close up. The resident body piercer was kind enough to repierce them free of charge, but hooooly shiiiiiiiit. I shrieked the studio down.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I got a tattoo! In the end, it wasn't a drosophila tattoo, but strangely enough a Mooky one, to represent this place and all of the wonderful friends I met from it. It's a venus symbol with sassafras leaves and blossoms in it on my hip. I only have one picture that isn't super fresh because it's hard for me to photograph due to positioning, and it's still a little flaky at the bottom because here it's still healing, but enjoy!

It's interesting that once you get one, you immediately want six. I'm trying to pace myself and not 1. spend all my money and 2. get things for the sake of it. Alka's idea of a bee on my knee is seriously tempting, though.

too stupid for the bar

and

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hoho Charlie, welcome to the secret gang. I am in love with your tattoo!

I have a whole bunch more tattoos since the last time I posted here, the most recent (and most notable (and most expensive)) being the fig branch. I like figs a lot, but it's also inspired by The Bell Jar. I am currently saving hard to have it finished!

Regular Crew

Date:

Both of those tattoo's are beautiful! smile

I have no tattoo's (yet) but have just started to stretch my ears. I only want to go up to 5mm, so I'm keeping it small and am currently at 2mm. I've been buying the tools and jewelry each payday to enable me to go up a size each month. I might go up every two months for the last three sizes though just to be safe.

When I manage to save up for the tattoo and go visit family (that's where I've had an artist recommended to me) I do want to get a tattoo that honestly I've wanted for over a decade now. I'm paranoid about having the tattoo messed up but more than that, I am not good with people I don't know being that close to me! For starters I just want a logo from the liner of Dirt by AIC that was drawn by Layne. I've always felt close to him and he said in an interview that he wanted people to explore his art as well as his music projects. So that's my little way of saying "I see your art and I appreciate it"

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/571957221422787339/

I miss the comfort in being sad

« First  <  Page 74  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us