Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Hair Care - All merged Hair related topics.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: I wanna give myself a fringe.
Permalink Closed

I have relatively straight hair so I don't have to worry about straightening my fringe unless I've slept on it funny. The rest of my hair I've been straightening since I got my hair cut, because I always wake up with it going in every direction. My mum bought me some John Frieda "Frizz Ease' serum. It's little and orange :) It works pretty well and stops your hair from frizzing (obviously...) Is all your hair the same length now or is it a bit layered at the front? Because if it is, you just take the shorter pieces of hair and that's your fringe! But I think that if you're worried, just start from the middle and keep cutting bits to the side until you're happy.

And I'm pretty sure you can dye your hair after you've cut your fringe, because usually you can kind of slick back your fringe with the dye, or put on a showercap or do the old vaseline trick.

From the pictures I've seen of you, I think you'd suit a fringe! If you don't like it, there are headbands and hairclips, and if you can get through the awkward phase where you're constantly pushing it out of your eyes, they are easy to grow out.

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: blue hair dye
Permalink Closed

I agree with Picklechops, you'd have to bleach to make it more or less permanent. In my experience blue is a colour which fades fast! I used to use a loreal blue black dye which was a very dark blue colour when first dyed and looked amazing in sunlight but it wasn't a true blue.

There's a website called 'Haircrazy' which I think is more of a blog about brightly dyed hair but it also sells a wide range of colours made by manic panic, special effects and directions so maybe it'd be worth a look. I bought some white toner from them a while ago.

My website! 

http://sarahstockdale.co.uk

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:
Permalink Closed

You ladies & gent have a wealth of knowledge!
I just made an appointment with a salon attached to the local hairdressing college, where they're all newly-qualified graduates. It's a bit more expensive than the current students ($45 vs $10), but a) they're open today and b) I do feel a bit better about them being qualified, since it will be right in front of my face.

I'm glad I asked here first, I can see that the straightening product is not overly important, so I'll be able to refuse when they try to sell me something. It appears that a hairdryer is a good investment, I'll have to get one...

Thanks everyone, pics tonight :)

Regular Crew

Date:
Permalink Closed

if you do get a fringe & somdays you can't be bothered to straighten it, push it to one side and let it be curly! always looks gorgeous. i curl my fringe when i feel like a change lol :)
deffo go to the hairdresses! :)
good luck with it xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Permalink Closed

Heat protecting spray/serum is a good idea. Ask the hairdresser to show you how to dry your fringe so you don't need to kill it with straighteners though.

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: I gone red...
Permalink Closed

I'm not allowed bright red hair at school, since apparently colous like that are distracting :/ That colour is lovely though, it really suits you! :D

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:
Permalink Closed

If bright hair colours are 'distracting', your lessons must be REALLY boring.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Permalink Closed

I got suspended from school for having pink streaks at my hair.

My mum went mental because really, how does my hair colour affect my ability to learn? STUPID.

Picklechops - splatterer of a thousand scrota! Don't mess with me! - Pickle according to Dave!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Permalink Closed

Picklechops wrote:

l_c835fe098f6945c8a0fcf50f3e986de0.jpg

l_24c73f6ee44a4fe9969c81a0155e6619.jpg

I had to get our awesome batman canvas in there!

That second picture is great! Your hair looks fab,and it looks like Batman is gonna land in it haha!

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Regular Crew

Date:
Permalink Closed

^ Your hair looks really good in your picture. But does it work all over? Because I've used the pink in my fringe before and it lasted a while and was very vibrant, but I don't know whether using it all over would kill your hair because it's got a lot of peroxide in as well and my hair's already bleached.

Permenant spent neon mind glowing bent like a church fair, Though you repent it makes less than a dent in the repair.

Honoured Mook

Date:
Permalink Closed

^^ yesh! I have curly hair, and blowdrying my full fringe gives it body and texture, a straightner might just synge it. Blowdrying just the fringe takes no time at all.

I am a traveller of both time and space.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: I gone red...
Permalink Closed

I want your hair!

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
So...new hair...
Permalink Closed

I got my hair cut today...HOWEVER, I did not leave the salon satisfied. 
(Although, my hairdresser gave me the limited edition Absolutely Alice nail polish for free. SCORE! biggrin)

So I cut it myself.
I didn't want to go super short seeing as how A. I was cutting my hair with fabric scissors, B. I have a speech meet tomorrow, and C. I have NO idea whatsoever as how to cut hair.

This is how it turned out.

Front
Sort of Front
Blurry Side

Overall, I'm just proud it looks kind of even.

Honoured Mook

Date:
Permalink Closed

pretty nice considering you have no clue:P

The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue. Dorothy Parker

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
Permalink Closed

Haha, thanks! I was seriously sweating bullets, but after the first couple of snips I just went with it. w00t.gif

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Honoured Mook

Date:
Permalink Closed

I looks nice :)

But I'm jelous, I never leave the salon with anything after a bad haircut.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
Permalink Closed

Thanks. :D
Well, I was probably staring at the polish like a starving woman and she took pity on my poor soul. aww

Regular Crew

Date:
Permalink Closed

cheese_hybrid wrote:

Thanks. :D
Well, I was probably staring at the polish like a starving woman and she took pity on my poor soul. aww

HAHA! looks like you had a win win! your hair looks killer awesome and you got some nail polish too! =)

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:
Permalink Closed

You did a fantastic job! I cut my fringe off when I was five, and then I had to get my hair cut into a pixie crop. Everyone thought I was a boy. :(

But your hair looks epic and wonderful. So all is well.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Permalink Closed

Im currently dyeing my hair blue black at the back and that smart colour bright blue at the front. Ive cut my fringe back in as well. Will take pics later, hope it looks good.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: So...new hair...
Permalink Closed

That looks really nice. Wish I could cut my own hair.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
Permalink Closed

you've done a really good job! do you think you will just cut your hair yourself from now on? just think of what you could do with the money you'd save :D is the absolutely alice the really sparkly OPI nail varnish? it looks really pretty!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
Permalink Closed

candiclaus wrote:

You did a fantastic job! I cut my fringe off when I was five, and then I had to get my hair cut into a pixie crop. Everyone thought I was a boy. :(

But your hair looks epic and wonderful. So all is well.

When I was in elementary school I cut it into a pixie as well. People kept asking who the new boy was.

Thank you!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
Permalink Closed

I'll probably cut it between trims, but most likely I'll go to a salon. I'm not used to the texture that's currently growing in. XD

Yup! It's super sparkly and pretty and fantastic!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
hair extensions
Permalink Closed

I'm doing a Jesus and resurrecting this thread from the dead. (RHYME)
I didn't want to start a new one when there was a perfectly good one having a little slumber here.

I was just wondering if it were possible to dye hair extensions? I've done some googling but each site gives me a different answer.
My extensions are real human hair and are a natural off black colour.

Also I was wondering about after care. I've been following the instructions I got with my extensions (Wash every four days with a mild moisturising shampoo, pat dry, etc) but they still seem to get ratty and dry out quickly.
Is there anything else I could do to make them in a better condition?
(I've tried using a conditioner but it seemed to dry them out further, strangely.)

-- Edited by Capulet on Sunday 7th of March 2010 08:32:08 PM

I have a blog:
Blog

Honoured Mook

Date:
Permalink Closed

You can dye human hair ones - I did. I used to dye brown ones when I bought them when I dyed my hair so they would be an absolute perfect match to my hair colour. So yeah, ultimately you can dye them.
I did have a problem with the dye sticking - I had to dye a set twice to make sure it worked properly, and that can be pretty expensive if you're at a hairdresssers. Luckily mines was nice enough to dye them a second time free of charge.

I used to use a hairdryer on mine, made them nice and smooth when they were dry. I used to find if I just let them dry naturally, they'd clump and I'd have to wash them again.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:
Permalink Closed

But are the human ones ethical? I don't know much about it, but I read an article once about how they shave indian people and also indian people's corpses and sell the hair for extensions...

My mum sold all her hair once, when i was about 7, but that was for chemo patients' wigs... Hmmm. Just musing aloud really.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Honoured Mook

Date:
Permalink Closed

I think it depends on the company, I know at least one company (though the name escapes me) prides themselves on being ethical in the manner in which they collect their hair. I expect that the cheaper ones are the least ethical, unfortunately.

To answer the question though, if they're human hair they can be dyed. My sister's extensions change colour every time her natural hair does, as well as being curled, straightened, etc., I think you just have to be extra careful with them.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: So...new hair...
Permalink Closed

I'm impressed. It's amazing what you can do with a pair of scissors...

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Date:
Hair Care - All merged Hair related topics.
Permalink Closed

This is the place where all the hair topics will live. If you can't find the answers you need amongst all this, you can start a new topic, but it will eventually find its way here.
x

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us