Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Wedding entertainment

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Wedding entertainment

Ok, all you lovely mooks.  I'm starting to get a bit stressed cos the wedding is July and we've not booked a band for the evening yet.

We decided that we'd like a swing style band for our reception but one that would play some more up to date stuff as well. We like our 50s, 60s, rat pack music but we want a good variety as well. Don't want a cheesy DJ.

We're in Scotland and I trawled through the magic agency website and narrowed down to a band called Monaco but they are booked already. They gave us a couple of other bands who would be available but to be honest, I just don't like any of them.

I don't want a "wedding band", the kind that every song sounds the same and the singer is little more than a karaoke queen (or king) on the mic. I want a band that can play well, entertain the guests but not be too centre-stage iykwim. Put it this way, I don't want a Robbie Williams wannabe strutting about taking all the focus!

I'm so hard to please, I know!

I got a suggestion for a band called Ernest who are apparently one of the best professional wedding bands in Scotland...I don't like them, I listened and the guy's voice just annoys me!

PLLLLEEEEAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!! Any suggestions! Anyone know people in bands who do this kind of thing?  Brothers, cousins, mums, any of you mooks?!  We can't have a huge band - the stage will only hold maybe a 4-piece at most...and we're budgeting around £600-£700 to play from about 8pm til just before midnight!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Noone on here knows anyone?!?!?!?!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

No babe sorry :(
But I did some googling and came up with these that you may or may not have seen already:
http://www.easyweddingsearch.com/wedding-service.php/That-Swing-Sensation
http://www.themagicagency.com/melloton.htm
http://www.alivenetwork.com/bandpage.asp?bandname=All That Jazz

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

Souljacker can't get my soul

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

Too far away from Scotland to be any real help, but maybe try to look for local bands which plays that type of music instead of looking for "wedding bands" ?

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thanks for the links.

I'm just going through any bands I can at the moment, I tend to find that "wedding bands" just pops up loads of those cheesy cover bands who murder every song!

Baby Mook

Date:

For example, I had no problems with organizing music. I have been looking for a photographer for a long time. I needed our photo session with my husband and so that the photographer would stay for the whole evening.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us