Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: whats everybody making???

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:
RE: whats everybody making???

I'm making meatballs for a party and for Mumilar. Unfortunately I had forgotten that I'm disgusted by raw minced meat and now I have 2,5 kg of the stuff to deal with. Fuuuuuck.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Just finished making a little rainbow skein!  A relative bought me a mixed merino pack for felting - I don't felt, so spun the whole pack up as a whole skein!  With bonus cats looking grumpy because I wasted their time waking them just to take photos.  It's around a laceweight-light fingering, there's some variation in thickness along the length of it, single-ply, no idea what yardage I have yet as haven't measured!  But I'm hoping enough for a lace cowl, maybe.  Am debating gifting it to my SIL for Crimbo - she's a knitter and has two young girls so could probably make something they'd love out of it.

Lookie!

Grumpy kitty!

My Crafting Blog 

My Writing Blog 

My feminism and stuff Tumblr 

My body-pos and selfies Tumblr

mazonas.png

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Toffee apples!

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I really want to paint my brothers a picture each for Christmas because I don't have very much money at the moment and it doesn't look like that'll change any time soon. One should be getting a portrait of the three of us in Borderlands-style, because that's his favourite game, but I don't think I can paint well enough to do the style from the other's favourite game, Dishonoured. We'll see!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm making a collar for my Halloween costume. Still not sure what I'll do about the hair. Right now I'm mostly thinking of just slicking it all back with gel or something. But the colourful streaks are messing up the whole monochrome ghost look, agh.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

this afternoon im gonna have a bash at making my own sugar scrub an face masks

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Currently in the middle of making a custom Odin tree topper for our festive tree this year. I've got a fimo face and hands baking in the oven and am just finishing hollowing out the base of a polystyrene cone that will form the base for the body. Really hope the fact and hands bake okay - they were a bugger to make!

...Anyone know the best way to glue hair to fimo for the beard and eyebrows?

My Crafting Blog 

My Writing Blog 

mazonas.png

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^I'm not too sure about that one, perhaps hot glue from a glue gun would work? Though it may be too hot, and could damage the fimo :/

I'm knitting two little hats for the twins my therapist is having very soon. The ear flaps and garter stitch band on one of the hats is purple, and the top is yellow, and it's the reverse on the other one. They're so cute! I'm also gonna sew the cute rat I embroidered AGES ago onto my jacket so it looks like he's kinda sitting on my shoulder. :)

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Hmmm... glue gun could work, but is risky - working on quite a small scale and that stuff can be gloopy.

Those hats sound adorable!

My Crafting Blog 

My Writing Blog 

mazonas.png

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Fimo instructions recommend epoxy glue, which I think you can get pretty cheaply in poundland and other such places.

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Well, I made a whip (I think the kind's called cat 'o nine tails in English). Out if mostly recycled materials. Looks pretty cool. Pity I'll never get to use it on anyone. But if I do get a horror movie-inspired kitchen like I hope I will, it'll make a great addition to it!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Woo! Odin is turning out really well. I still need to get some fabric for his blue wanderer's cloak, but he should be ready well in time for us putting up the tree!

995537_10152109873093410_1653005444_n.jpg1468757_10152109873168410_1903289623_n.jpg1456770_10152109873128410_2043686009_n.jpg

My Crafting Blog 

My Writing Blog 

mazonas.png

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Wowza, he's looking great. You're very talented!

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

He's brilliant! I love your attention to detail.

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Thank you both so much! *blush* He was a lot of fun to work on. I've got some blue velvet scraps and some braid coming in the post to finish him off with, so with any luck he'll be done by the end of the week.

Can't wait to stick him up on the tree once it's all assembled.

My Crafting Blog 

My Writing Blog 

mazonas.png

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Another Fimo related question, can anyone think of something vaguely shperical/ eliptical I could wrap fimo around (so that I don't have to use a lot to get a larger shape) that would be safe to put in the oven.

EDIT: Would scrunched up tin foil work, or is that asking for a fire?

-- Edited by Inky on Thursday 28th of November 2013 07:35:43 PM

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I'm pretty sure tinfoil should be okay. How large a shape are you trying for? Would the underside of a muffin tin work? Or a glass marble? I've seen fimo models made with marbles embedded in them for eyes or other things.

My Crafting Blog 

My Writing Blog 

mazonas.png

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Oh! Or! If the fimo is going to completely enclose what you're wrapping it around you could use polystyrene...

www.polyclay.co.uk/index.php

And that link led me to this series of photos of fimo art someone makes over polystyrene bases and now I am insanely jealous of his skills

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielimposible/

-- Edited by UristMcDorf on Thursday 28th of November 2013 11:37:12 PM

My Crafting Blog 

My Writing Blog 

mazonas.png

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Currently I'm not exactly sure on the size I'm aiming for, the underside of a muffin tin might be slightly too big (and I don't have one) but a marble could work. I might give the tin foil a go, and then if that doesn't work I'll experiment with marbles/ muffin tins. Thank you. :)

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

ive been knitting little christmas trees, there quite cute really

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Knitting my very first jumper! Let's see how this goes shall we. It's a fairly simple pattern, only thing i'm worried about is the cowl neck but the lady in the shop i bought the wool and pattern from said to pop in if i needed help.

He'll always be there singing songs in my head.

I believe in Sherlock Holmes.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Knitting my very first jumper! Let's see how this goes shall we. It's a fairly simple pattern, only thing i'm worried about is the cowl neck but the lady in the shop i bought the wool and pattern from said to pop in if i needed help.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Odin is like 95% done!  I've got gold braid and pretty lining coming to finish the cloak, but that might take a few days to get here so in the meantime, here he is!  Woo!  He does rather dominate the tree though!

1471186_10152121984408410_1520594614_n.jpg

1476128_10152121984428410_764095308_n.jpg

1476523_10152121984403410_1462255549_n.jpg

My Crafting Blog 

My Writing Blog 

mazonas.png

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

Oooh! Awesome!

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^Wow, that's pretty impressive Urist!

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag253/thepinupboutique/jewels029_zps924dd42a.jpg
https://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag253/thepinupboutique/jewels003_zps75f7bf21.jpg
hope this works!

these are some cameo brooches i made and a hat i also made!

-- Edited by blizzard of ozz on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 01:43:17 PM

-- Edited by blizzard of ozz on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 01:44:14 PM

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I am scrounging bottle tops and pull tabs from cans from work and intend to make some pretty hair accessories and jewellery out of them. Or potentially a pull tab bag. :D

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hat! Green steampunky Victorian Top Hat!

Regular Crew

Date:

Fabricating a wig and ears for a new cosplay project. I'll post photos whenever I've got time.

Tumblr || Weasyl (NSFW)

follow the yellow brick toad, follow the yellow brick toad.

« First  <  Page 25  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us