Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What religion, if any, do you follow?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: What religion, if any, do you follow?

I got:

1. Secular Humanism (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (93%)
3. Liberal Quakers (76%)
4. Nontheist (75%)
5. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (67%)

Which is certainly interesting.

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (97%)
3. Mahayana Buddhism (95%)
4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (89%)
5. Theravada Buddhism (88%)

Hmn...

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Honoured Mook

Date:

Mmm i dont really follow anything specific...its more of a mix of different things..but things i cant pinpoint to any different religion..
I believe in a more.. "old" view of things... a more Mother Nature figure but i wouldnt call it that..very hard to explain..lol..i dont believe in hell or heaven but i do believe in an afterlife..Mmm im not explaining it very well am I? More of a resting place an Avalon sort of thing?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Neo-Pagan (99%)
3. Jainism (95%)
4. Mahayana Buddhism (95%)
5. Reform Judaism (92%)

How curious.

Regular Crew

Date:

I grew up a christian but im now an atheist/existentialism believer mainly due to the fact god and lesbians don't go well together and the whole idea of god is completely unbelievable. I think humans need religion cause they can't fathom a world were everything has no purpose and that when you die you are just dead; complete nothing ness.

Honoured Mook

Date:

On that quiz I got :
1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2.Unitarian Universalism (87%)
3. New Age (85%)
4.Mahayana Buddhism (85%)
5. Liberal Quakers (82%)

Which is pretty accurate, although I must say the Quakers are a bit of a surprise. I was brought up Catholic, but rejected a lot of what I was taught from a fairly early age. Now I would describe my beliefs as being a mixture between Wicca and Buddhism. Although I don't have faith in a particular religion, I do believe in the existence of god/s and the idea of karma.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm a Wiccan but let's see what I get XD...

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (94%)
3. New Age (93%)
4. Mahayana Buddhism (90%)
5. New Thought (78%)
6. Theravada Buddhism (77%)
7. Scientology (76%)
8. Liberal Quakers (72%)
9. Hinduism (65%)
10. Secular Humanism (65%)

About right. Except the Quakers bit lmao.

- Hannah Belle.

I hear the roar of a big machine,
Two worlds and in between,
Hot metal and methedrine,
I hear empire down.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Well I'm a Christian. Here goes:

1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (93%)
3. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (83%)
4. Eastern Orthodox (81%)
5. Liberal Quakers (81%)
6. Roman Catholic (81%)
7. Seventh Day Adventist (81%)
8. Orthodox Quaker (72%)
9. Reform Judaism (60%)
10. Theravada Buddhism (57%)

I fit the first one pretty closely, but there are some interesting ones in there. Like Eastern Orthodox. Yeah.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

2. Unitarian Universalism (95%)
3. Nontheist (80%)
4. Theravada Buddhism (80%)
5. Neo-Pagan (73%)
6. Liberal Quakers (72%)
7. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (61%)
8. New Age (57%)
9. Reform Judaism (52%)
10. Mahayana Buddhism (45%)

Dear me I'd never even heard of "Secular Humanism" it sounds quite nice :D

And dear me, up until now I read "liberal quakers" as "liberal quackers", like smelly hippy from futurama xD

-- Edited by Raspectre on Saturday 18th of June 2011 07:05:29 AM

This signature is definitely not a horcrux.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

2. Unitarian Universalism (98%)
3. Theravada Buddhism (91%)
4. Liberal Quakers (84%)
5. Nontheist (78%)

I already know I'm a secular humanist, I go to British Humanist Assocation lectures and everything... but I had no idea what a Unitarian Universalist was, I had to look it up.

These results were pretty interesting to me because I was brought up a Theravada Buddhist, but not because my parents were keen converts or anything, my mother just sort of vaguely believed it the way one does if one is brought up in a culture that accepts it as a status quo, and it was a good way for her to keep in touch with people form the MOTHERLAND. So, despite the fact Buddhism is a cultural tradition for me, I nevertheless seem to have absorbed some spiritual instruction. Mainly to do with the pitfalls of ego and the essential meaninglessness of material things, I think, although this doesn't mean I don't like deluding myself and having a nice time.

I quite like liberal Quakers, my Latin teacher at school was one and I had a lot of time for him. Nontheist is maybe not surprising. This quiz has been a surprisingly accurate look at my attitudes towards religion as well as my religious belief, I think. Especially as I'm an atheist.

Honoured Mook

Date:

DirtyMagic wrote:

Okay, obviously this is just a bit of fun and not going to be totally accurate, but I found this quizinteresting, since I don't really know (or care) what I would label my beliefs as anymore.

My top 5, apparently:

Wow, I got exactly these ones! Except for Liberal Quakers, but everything is exactly the same! What a coinkydink :o

I didn't know what Unitarian Universalism was, so I looked it up. it's a bit too hard to define, it can mean different things, so I think that's why a lot of people got it.

Previously known as "maria"

Pope Arlenmia's Humble Bishop Hat-Maker

my bookface

Honoured Mook

Date:

I've been brought up christian, baptised, holy communion, christian schools the lot but I have always been open to different faiths and grew away from alot of things that I was expected to believe. I used to practise wicca and buddhism as many different religions interest me. Overall thought.. my belief?

I honestly take alot of different things from many different religions and I just try to be the best person I can be in life respecting others.

Beware Your In For A Scare!

Honoured Mook

Date:

My results:

2. Secular Humanism (94%)
3. Theravada Buddhism (91%)
4. Liberal Quakers (84%)
5. Neo-Pagan (83%)

I don't have a religion but I can respect others.
Some things from certain religions I believe in - I believe in past lives and spirits. I also believe in karma a little.

Ooh la la tumblr,

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I think I am bit of a pick and mix spirituality person I identify a lot with the neo pagans but dont know enough to say I follow it. If anyone is 100% neo pagan and could fill me in on things a bit more Id really appeciate it

Eclectic Enticing Impassioned

http://the-lady-is-a-vamp-sirens.wall.fm/

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I'm not really sure how I classify myself. I was christened and stuff, but I don't think I'd describe myself as a Christian. My top five in the quiz were these:

2. Unitarian Universalism (94%)
3. Liberal Quakers (82%)
4. Neo-Pagan (74%)
5. Theravada Buddhism (73%)

I think it was quite accurate, after looking through the descriptions. =) The ones that interest me the most are Humanism, Universalism, and Neo-Paganism.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm an eclectic pagan, at least for now.
Religions interest me.

Honoured Mook

Date:

ooOOoo, I did one of these tests when I was little. I'm a humanist witch now, let's see what I get, hold on...

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Liberal Quakers (90%)
3. Neo-Pagan (90%)
4. New Age (85%)
5. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (85%)

Quakers, huh? Unexpected.

-- Edited by JuniperWoolf on Thursday 14th of July 2011 06:36:08 AM

"All is not lost; the unconquerable will, and study of revenge,
Immortal hate, and courage never to submit or yield:
And what is else not to be overcome.
That glory never shall his wrath or might extort from me."

-Lucifer, Paradise Los
t

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm more spiritual rather than religious. 
I kinda combine a little bit from all religions into one.
But if I had to go into a catagory it'd have to be pagan. 
I 'worship' mother earth. 

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

Regular Crew

Date:

I am Wiccan.

21/F/Canada
W  i  c  c  a  n

Regular Crew

Date:

I would be considered a Christian.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

My religious influences are mostly Christianity, Buddhism, and Agnosticism. I don't subscribe to any single religion because I think beliefs are personal and it's silly to try and make people conform to a certain set of secular rules that they may or may not agree with just because they have similar spiritual beliefs.

I believe that everyone is equal regardless of gender, species, race, sexual orientation, etc.
I place a strong emphasis on pacifism
I don't really believe in "worshipping", but if I were to "worship" something it would be nature
I don't believe in God as a humanlike omnipotent entity
I like the idea of a supernatural harmony created by the combined essences of all living beings in the universe, but I'm not sure if I necessarily support it well enough to call it a "belief"

I took the quiz and ended up with:
Unitarian Universalism (100%)
Liberal Quakers (82%)
Secular Humanism (78%)
Theravada Buddhism (77%)
Mahayana Buddhism (72%)

-- Edited by Artemis Luna on Thursday 15th of September 2011 09:05:02 PM

Baby Mook

Date:

I believe in a mish-mash of things - a religious sciencey soup, in my opinion humans need some sort of belief- to quench their spirtual thirst, i believe that if there is a God or a number of Gods/Godesses. In my opinion God would be the universe and everything in it (everything in it being other Gods/Goddesses) - my explanation for this would be God gave us life then he/she would be the universe eg the big bang. then there is survival, life and reproduction i'd see this as another God, then negative emotions as another ETC but i put the image of a God in its place eg Freyja for fertility etc... this is my opinion it doesn't mean it is right :) 

Also i believe in not hurting the universes creations eg animals and the earth itself how ever i do think that we should work with the earth eg grow our own foods and care for animals.

Regular Crew

Date:

a mix of things based mainly on chaos magic

We're all as mad as the man in the moon, who carries his heart in a brown paper bag - tomorrow we jump

Honoured Mook

Date:

I don't particularly follow any religion. I went to a couple of Quaker meetings, but it was too far to go and the trains were at inconvenient times, so I stopped going. I did the quiz that others have done and I got:
2. Liberal Quakers (90%)
3. Neo-Pagan (84%)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I would most probably be Hindu if one didn't have to be born into it.

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm an atheist, I suppose my beliefs are very similar to secular humanists. I've dabbled in many different religions, but I could never get myself to actually believe in them. I find learning about other religions fascinating though.

oh looky a blog~ 

Baby Mook

Date:

I am not setting things in stone but i have not religious beliefs. i do however have guide lines firstly the obvious, don't murder, steal etc but i try to respect the earth and nature so i guess slightly pagan but my beleif is so vague you couldn't really call it that i suppose, i belive that i should think naturally ie if i were in the wild what will happen to me and why/how you would do a particular thing ie survive. i also guess being brought up in a slightly christian way that i am a bit bias as well. i suppose i try and forget that religion exists (but don't get me wrong, i still respect other peoples religions) i try to get as much info about religions so i understand what they believe but they are all varied and different views contradict. so i guess i am of the religion of the open minded and anything is possible crew ;) (to a degree) ok ok it's complicated.... i'll shut up now XD

my views just keep changing constantly as i learn new things :)

-- Edited by Lenoda on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 09:31:04 PM

Regular Crew

Date:

Brought up Roman Catholic, Atheist for a very long time but something recently has clicked and I'm starting to describe myself as of Hindu values

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
I discovered my religion

I'm alot of things but mostly hindu

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

Hello! We already have a thread about people's religions, so I'm going to merge the two together - that way you can see what others have written and contribute to the discussion, and in turn others are more likely to post and join the conversation :)

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us