Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: PHOBIAS? whats yours...

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: PHOBIAS? whats yours...

hmm im afraid of spiders and i dont know if this counts but my biggest fear is being unaccepted and being left alone....it scares me i want to be liked by people....

Honoured Mook

Date:

I have a fear of putting my head under water so I can't swim. It was made worse when my school went swimming for sports and not only was I terrified but I was humiliated because all my classmates found out.

I don't think this is a phobia but Im always scared that Im going to end up old and alone.

Regular Crew

Date:

im also afraid of any alchoholic drink i grew up around a lot of drunk family members and it scared me for life so i have never and will never touch an alchoholic drink (sorry for the spelling) *shivers*

-- Edited by Little_Miss_Sunshine on Sunday 16th of August 2009 09:06:02 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm afraid of having my penis or balls being in pain. I just can't stand the idea even though they have taken quite a beating(pun not intented) in school due to playing dodgeball.

The Harlequin Horrors are here!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That does not sound like a phobia. That sounds bloody sensible to me... ^_^

Honoured Mook

Date:

i have a fear of the spout of the bath tap coming into contact with any part of me eg.my back or arm or whatever

-- Edited by .jaz. on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 10:48:48 PM

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

emetophobia (vomit) has ruled my life for about twelve years now. And I can't ride a bike. :)

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

also, the clusters of holes fear is horrible too. i saw a picture on post secret with a nipple/poppy seed pod photoshop, and i swear i was nearly sick. i couldn't go on postsecret for months, in case something as disgusting popped up again. urgh urgh urgh. i usually have to think abotu something smooth and glassy to get past the holes thing. rough surfaces have a similar effect...

Baby Mook

Date:

i have a phobia of both WW2 gas masks, & buttons that aren't on clothes.
it isn't really classed as a phobia, but anything i write or type has to be neat aswell.
there's not really a story behind why i'm scared of them,
i just find them genuinely terrifying :)

kate xx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have a phobia of having my eyes gouged out. Also of falling and twisting my ankles.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Regular Crew

Date:

Snakes, even thinking about them makes me feel uneasy and sick.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Pregnant women that I don't know.

...Don't judge me! I know it's strange.

Here is my blog.

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

I'm terrified of superglue.

Especially when people tell me about when they've accidentally stuck their fingers together, it freezes my insides.

It's odd, since I'm hardly a squeamish person.

Also, big hairy spiders.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

tampons.

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

candiclaus wrote:

also, the clusters of holes fear is horrible too... i usually have to think abotu something smooth and glassy to get past the holes thing.

That is good advice, whether it was intended to be or not. :D

I am a socialite, an artist, a poet.

Lady Moustache of Mooky

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Baby Mook

Date:

Situations where I'm unable to control myself and life. Put  me in alot of bad and wierd situations, because I exactly know what happens when I'm out of control.
That made me a control freak, I can never loose control in my life, and that it fucking exhausting... I can't seem to find a way to change it.
Oh, and I don't think I'll get older than around my end-20s to a age of 30. I'm 19 in exactly four weeks, go figure...

Thinking of getting old, lonely and brittle makes me shudder and panic as hell as well. So shouldn't my life and the way of life I live change dramatically, I will definitely die young.
I hope it doesn't sound too depressed. I don't think negative about it, and I'm not bad mooded all day, talking about how life sucks.
Life is fine. My lifestyle just isn't managable with a certrain age.

Edit: Woo, my first post on a neat topic. ;]

-- Edited by Asphyxia on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 04:42:05 AM

Honoured Mook

Date:

Many people seem to fear spiders. I'm wondering if they're just fears or actual phobias?

Mine is definitely a phobia. I cannot get within a couple of metres of a spider, they make me scream and cry and shake and freeze up. I'm also pretty paranoid about them, to the point where I surface spray everything in my room and bug bomb it every 6 months or so and I still have to check my room over a couple of times before I go to bed to make sure there's nothing there. Even seeing cobwebs makes me freak out.

I don't know if it's a phobia, but I also do have a very large fear of getting old and death. Even thinking about it now makes me want to cry and throw up.

I am seriously beginning to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion

her

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm genuinely phobic of spiders. I needed to pick up a money spider on the draining board because it was making it all dirty and that's just disgusting, so I got a large bit of kitchen roll I could try to get it to crawl on, but everytime I went to put it within reach of the spider my hand spasm'd away, so I ended up curled up in a ball in another room crying about the spider contaminating the kitchen. I'm shivering just writing about it.

Of late I've started to feel scared and lonely whenever I'm not on t'internet, or eating or talking or walking or the radio isn't playing. Basically whenever I need to do an essay. But I can't focus with that stuff on and I can't focus when I'm quaking, so I'm just doubly screwed.

I'm an expresso-some people think I'm bitter, but I'm just intense

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I am hopelessly scared of being alone, or losing those who I love. Death. :(

Honoured Mook

Date:

I have an unreasonable fear of zombies.

Also, I used to be terrified of ants but thankfully I've gotten over that.

Screw the box of chocolates; life is like a chili pepper. How much pleasure you derive depends on how much pain you can stand.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Being ill does it for me (vomit) and spit...it's horrible and makes me shudder to even think about it. Sad thing was that last night I was sick....bad times....crying in the loo just because it was sick, not the actual sensation of pain either. I hate it.

Illness and babies, I think it's an actual phobia now, I can't be in the same room as them, there was a baby in the house last night as well so I had to sit outside and just shook.

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."

"You can be insane and still be a good person." - EA

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm reassured to see that other people are scared of gas masks too - they terrify me. I feel particularly sick and shaky when I see one, or a picture of one. I think playing Half Life 2 kind of did that to me - that and the association they have with biological warfare (something else I'm terrified of)

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

OH MY GOD, CRANEFLIES TOO. I CAN'T EVEN SAY THEIR NAME. I CALL THEM "WINGED PEDROS" INSTEAD, BECAUSE THEY ARE HORRID. I LIKE IT WHEN MY CAT EATS THEM. URGH URGH URGH.

i have too many fears. :(

Honoured Mook

Date:

I don't like them either :|

When I see them, they make my insides freeze up and I feel sick >.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

calling them winged pedros takes away a fraction of their menace. I would recommend it to all!

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

There was a plague of them about a fortnight ago, THEY WERE EVERYWHERE.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I've this odd fear of people who are extremely skinny, like when they don't have any under skin fat at all and you can see the bones through the skin?

Usually people have clothes on, so I'm not bothered (except the few time I have happen to see someone anorectic), but when they have little clothes on, and I can see the bones moving while they move.. I just get nauseous and nervous, scared that they will for some reason touch me, or that I would get in a situation of accidentally touching them.

It doesn't make much sense, I'm deeply fascinated by skeletons, mummies and the like. And pictures doesn't bother me at all. Probably because they are still and I know they can't get to me.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

:(

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

^ why the sad face?

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Irilar, you would run in fear from me. I fit your description somewhat perfectly. FLEE FROM SKELETORRRRR!

I have a blog:
Blog
«First  <  1 2 3 4 510  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us