Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: really over rated bands....GO!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: really over rated bands....GO!

The Darkness spoofed hair metal first,and did it better. ;)

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I love Steel Panther :(

Ac/Dc and Iron Maiden, Ac/Dc get too much hype and Iron Maiden songs all sound the same :/

Regular Crew

Date:

So many posts in the thread and some are really funny! Could spend all night replying to so many of them but to pick a few of those mentrioned and throw in my two penneth..

coldplay should be re-named dullplay. They are musical wallpaper, and beige wallpaper to boot! (and I've noticed that I subconsciously didn't even warrant them with an upper case C!)

U2 would have been a great banned if The Joshua Tree was their last album. Unfortunately it Rattlenhumming wasn't and a certain Mr Bono got too big for his sunglasses.

The Strokes on the other hand. Saw them on the same bill as the Cure in '04 and they absolutely rocked!

Kings of Leon were below The Strokes on the bill that night and they were pretty boring, but their more recent stuff has been better bit not better enough for me to want to see them again.

Who the fluff is Lady GaGa? I don't mean to be rude but Madonna in her pomp had more talent in her little finger and for me, that is saying something!

Worst band I've had the misfortune to see in a long time - Crystal Castles. And no I didn't choose to go to see them specifically and yes - of course the Cure were headlining!

I rarely listen to music radio these days as a) the music generally annoys me and b) the DJs generally annoy me especially on Radio 1. Its all about ego and not about the music. If only there was a new John Peel *sighs*

Maybe I should have posted this in rants?

Living at the edge of the world.

Tights online 

Honoured Mook

Date:

Ah Iron Maiden. Finally someone who agrees with me Miss Bird :)

Normally everyone throws a bitch fit when I say I don't find Iron Maiden to be to my liking. Apparently it doesn't seem to come into most metal fans minds that someone might find them mediocre and boring.

Oddly, I like Dickinson's solo stuff.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Maiden are awesome-but I do agree that a lot of their songs sound similar.

RSL-totally with you on coldplay,whiny load of wank. I hate them for their insipid unoffensive unambitious dreck,Oasis are more progressive than them!

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I don't like crystal castles either. I think I was at the same gig as you, RSL. In their defence though, their equipment was all broken and they soldiered on!

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Honoured Mook

Date:

I second (or third?) Crystal Castles. I usually like their genre but I haven't heard one song by them that I've liked. I find them a bit over-computerized for my liking.

Also, The Knife. They seem to constantly to be labelled as the one of the best modern electronic bands but I could not get into them at all.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'll third Iron Maiden.

However I'm going to storm off and sulk about people chattin' 'bou Crystal Castles an' The Knife behind ma back. SAY IT TO MA FAYCE BITCH, SAY I' TO MA FAYCE!

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I don't like Iron Maiden either, and like LadyContrband as already said the majority of metal fans seem to think you are some sort of heathen if you don't like them or Metallica. I mean it's not like there are many different forms of metal or anything ;) I've never listened to Crystal Castles, but I like The Knife.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Lol, I knew people would disagree with me about The Knife. They seem to be seen as one of those bands that are impossible to dislike so I'm definitely in the minority there! Although I can't say I 'dislike' them as such, they're just really not my cup of tea.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

BettiePageRocks wrote:

I don't like Iron Maiden either, and like LadyContrband as already said the majority of metal fans seem to think you are some sort of heathen if you don't like them or Metallica. I mean it's not like there are many different forms of metal or anything ;) I've never listened to Crystal Castles, but I like The Knife.

There are a lot of sub-genres in metal,supposedly. Come to think about it,Maiden may well be "hard rock" rather than "metal",but only genre purists would care about that lol.

Dave.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I can never keep track of the different types of subgenres. I used to think the Used was screamo because, well, it was emo and they scream? But apparently it's post-hardcore and screamo is a completely different kind of screamy emo music. disbelief

-- Edited by ozymandias on Friday 16th of July 2010 12:01:37 AM

If the world is ending, we're throwing the party.

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Oh yeah all pop rock / pop punk bands basically. A lot of my friends really like Em but I find them all so generic and boring as shit, not real emotion in their songs or a very good tune or riff.

"All smart girls should acknowledge a kindred spirit." - Shirley Manson

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Lol, falloutboy. There's a pretty over-rated band.

My friend and I forgot their name once, and it took us about five hours of going "Atomic Man... atomic...herd.... Atom Bizzle... Nuclear Hut... Science Nerd.... Nuke Log.... Nuclear Disarmament... SciFi Logic... Science... Touch... Atomic Wizard..." before we eventually figured it out by switching on Music TV and watching until they came on.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Honoured Mook

Date:

candiclaus: As a Fall Out Boy fan, that is freaking hilarious.

If the world is ending, we're throwing the party.

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

Ooh, my turn!

Justin Beiber. (Honestly, My 10-year-old brother has a deeper voice than he does)
Alesana. (The lead vocalists sounds like my cat if someone had taught him English)
Any and all Disney artists.
Fall Out Boy.
Paramore. (They're okay, but with everyone updating their statuses to that "Airplanes" song, that kind of killed them for me.)
Avenged Sevenfold.
My Chemical Romance.
Tokio Hotel. (Bill Kaulitz looks like a woman)
Three Days Grace.
Lady Gaga.
Ke$ha.
Drake.
Taylor Swift.
Lil Wayne.

*pant* All right...I'm done :P

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I wondered once if the Cold War Kids were some kind of oblique FOB tribute band. ;)

Dave.

Regular Crew

Date:

I love the different opinions.
We all have different tastes and one persons overrated is another persons "best band ever!"
Its a good thing, in my opinion, that we are all so wonderfully different :D

Honoured Mook

Date:

enduzer wrote:

-- Bill may look like a woman, but he does have sexy hair :D

I have a tumblr, a twitter, and, most importantly, a neopets account.

Fro

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Green day are overated completely although they two have one or two songs that are tolerable! Definitely agree with U2 but as an Irish woman its hard to express that opinion most Irish think they are goods gift!!!

Im also in agreement regarding all emo bands, they all could have written each others songs!!!

Regular Crew

Date:

Coldplay

Nickleback

Honoured Mook

Date:

Muse- I don't think they are awful or anything, but I have never been able to enjoy their music
Paramore.
Nickleback.
Iron Maiden- I do like some songs, but not enough to understand/enjoy the hype.

Regular Crew

Date:

Green day and 30 seconds to Mars,all time low,the drums..-Just went in one ear and out the next.

Regular Crew

Date:

Eminem. Yes, he's a good rapper, but some of his lyrics are just ignorant, and his songs are all pretty similar

Regular Crew

Date:

Justin Bieber
Taylor Swift
Never Shout Never

They all annoy me.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Anything country. Especially Carrie Underwood.
Escape the Fate. MY GOD. I like one song by them, and the rest is just... urgh. Same with I Am Ghost, which is like if someone took a cheese grater to my ear.
D:

Regular Crew

Date:

Rihanna, Katy Perry, Ke$ha....and I must say Motley Crue annoys me :/

Regular Crew

Date:

Muse! I don't see the big obsession with them.
Also, The Smiths have a few good songs but I feel like they're often overhyped and overplayed, especially because of the film 500 Days of Summer having so many references to them.
(I'm not dissing 500 Days of Summer by the way, it's an awesome film).

Honoured Mook

Date:

enduzer wrote:

I agree with this devilish.gif

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Dir en Grey & Florence and the Machine... am I bad person?

Oh god, yes Ke$ha! If she used anymore autotuning she'd be a machine...

This signature is definitely not a horcrux.
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us