Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: How many Pagans/Witches/Wiccans out there?!?

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: How many Pagans/Witches/Wiccans out there?!?

I am definately a witch. I also follow the Wiccan tenets I learned from Arin Murphy-Hiscock's book about Solitary Wicca for Life. I'm sort of like a Witchan. I focus on kitchen magick and honor duality in deity.

Regular Crew

Date:

definitely a Pagan!

you get me closer to God

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've been wiccan for around 4 years now. It started off when a school friend started talking about the astral plane one day at lunchtime, and then she suggested we form a circle. There were four of us in the circle to correspond with each element, which she assigned to us. I later learned she had just watched "The Craft" and was borrowing most of her ideas from the film! We even tried the light as a feather stiff as a board thing haha. A couple of weeks later, this friend loaned me some of her books on wicca she bought and showed me a place to buy them in the city, so I consider her to be the person who sparked my interest in wicca, though now I consider it to be my path, and I think I was always going to be wiccan at some stage in my life or another.

In the last Irish census in April, I wrote "pagan" in the question which asked what my religion was. My dad and sister laughed at me and said I wasn't pagan, but I was very proud of myself for doing that! I do identify more with the term "witch" though. Pagan is an umbrella term for old nature based religions and so by using the term "witch" or "wiccan" to describe myself, I feel I'm being more specific and I feel that I belong in a very particular niche. This is nice, because in spiritual matters, I've never felt like I belonged anywhere.

I do rituals as I need to. They can very simple or quite elaborate, depending on how I feel about the particular thing that I am doing the ritual for. I adore aromatherapy, and I am very interested in herbs and potions and I have a natural knack for creating all sorts of concoctions. I am extremely good at picking up on people's energies which proves to be very useful. I'm currently trying to hone my psychic abilities- I think if I am good at picking up vibrational energy, I will be good at this too- eventually!

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

This is probably going to sound like an incredibly corny autobiography, but please bear with me - and I'm sorry in advance!

was raised by Christian grandparents, but both my mother is atheist and my father is agnostic. When I started school, we moved back down south and I attended a non-religious primary school. However, in my second year, it combined with the church next door and became a CofE school. Despite all this, I managed to get through most of school without either confirming or denying my belief in the Christian God.

When I was eleven, I was introduced to ceremonial magic and Wicca - which I enjoyed at the time, but I found it the structure of it was a little too much for me. Borrowing a book on Wicca from the library, I discovered the term 'pagan' in the back, which I later researched on the internet and found myself instantly drawn into it. It took several years of avoiding questions on religion and spirituality as much as possible (I ended up in detention once for refusing to share my religious beliefs with the class) before I finally stumbled across druidry, and it felt like coming home.* That was about three years ago now, and since then I've explored other pagan paths and always found myself coming back to druidry.

The problem with practising always lies with my family, as my parents aren't exactly the most open-minded folk. However, if all goes to plan I should be going to university next year, so I'll have freedom! but no money.

* I have put an asterisk against this phrase because it appears so often in druidry that just saying it makes me cringe inside, even though it's absolutely true.

Regular Crew

Date:

I identify as a witch. I don't belong to any religion and I don't believe in any Gods or Goddesses. Worship is a strong word so I will say that I have a deep respect for our earth and universe and my practice is all about maintaining and deepening that connection in order to improve life. I don't really like the term 'magick' so I refer to any spell craft I do as energy manipulation as to me that really is what it's about. I am more comfortable using these terms and like the fact that it's rooted in science so it makes sense to me that we, as beings of matter and energy, should be able to manipulate the forces around us.

I feel very fortunate to have been raised in an open but non religious house hold and have been free to explore various belief systems on my own. I first found Wicca in my early teens (circa 1998) and the spell casting and nature appreciating side really spoke to me but I moved away from it as I just couldnt connect with the idea of Gods and Goddesses.

Back then social media wasn't a thing so it was difficult (for me at least) to find any information on witches who had the same beliefs as me. I've always kept my books (including my BOS which I've now restarted) and maintained a close connection with nature but it's only been in recent years (some 15 years later) that I've really felt the call back to it. Now that I'm older I am much more able to pick and choose what I take from the books that I read and the video's that I watch and now my practice is something that I'm comfortable with.

I feel blessed to live on this earth (even at such a tumultuous time) and am happy that my journey has brought me here. It's so refreshing to see how open the Pagan community can be now and there is so much knowledge available online as well as is books now, it feels like a wonderful time to be a witch.

-- Edited by Seivad9 on Sunday 10th of February 2019 10:29:26 AM

I miss the comfort in being sad

«First  <  1 2 3 4 | Page of 4  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us